Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Complimentary Food & Beverage for GS & 1K Members when Seated in Economy (Archive}

Complimentary Food & Beverage for GS & 1K Members when Seated in Economy (Archive}

Old May 22, 2017, 2:37 pm

Was anyone ever able to get a power breakfast as a complementary food item?
Old May 22, 2017, 3:07 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by fivesixseven
Not sure if this is what you mean by "power breakfast" but I got the combination hot egg dish with yogurt and fresh fruit on a morning flight as my 1K coach meal entitlement. It went down well with a Moscow mule!
Old May 22, 2017, 3:45 pm

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by transportprof
Originally Posted by fivesixseven
Not sure if this is what you mean by "power breakfast" but I got the combination hot egg dish with yogurt and fresh fruit on a morning flight as my 1K coach meal entitlement. It went down well with a Moscow mule!
Exactly what I did a month ago on a T-CON flight. The FA seemed slightly puzzled at first, then said it must be a new menu item. She proceeded to give me the combo breakfast without any hesitation.

It indeed went down well with a Moscow mule. Afterwards I slept all the way to SFO!
Old May 22, 2017, 5:46 pm

Programs: UA GS, WN A-List, AA Exec Plat, National Emerald
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
Nice to see an optimist. You get 1 drink and one Choice item. How you distribute is your choice...
They've given me two drinks without question! Maybe it's just because I'm so nice.

Originally Posted by HoustonConsultant
I guess it is kind of crazy to expect FAs to know all the 1Ks on all the flights, but it feels just a little cheesy to order something and then say, "Well, I'm 1K".
I don't fly coach too often, but my experience has been mixed.

Once they recognized me as GS and asked me what I wanted to drink. The other times, I just handed them my GS card as if I was handing a credit card. They said thank you and didn't charge me. No need to say anything other than "thank you" when they handed me my drink and food item.
Old May 23, 2017, 10:43 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum; Hyatt Diamond/GLOB
Originally Posted by reamworks
Once they recognized me as GS and asked me what I wanted to drink. The other times, I just handed them my GS card as if I was handing a credit card. They said thank you and didn't charge me. No need to say anything other than "thank you" when they handed me my drink and food item.
I've been stuck in coach my last two flights, and both flights that the flight attendant approach with, "Are you Mr. HoustonConsultant? Thank you for your loyalty and for being a valued 1K member"

I'm not sure where my actual 1K card is, but I guess it is in the United App if I ever really needed it.
Old May 23, 2017, 11:29 am

Programs: UA OG-1K, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
I got my Classic box on my DEN-DAY RJ flight, but they didn't have coffee?? FA said no coffee on these flights? It was a (No)GoJet RJ145. Could have sworn I've gotten coffee on RJ flights...
Old May 23, 2017, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PushingTin
I got my Classic box on my DEN-DAY RJ flight, but they didn't have coffee?? FA said no coffee on these flights? It was a (No)GoJet RJ145. Could have sworn I've gotten coffee on RJ flights...
Particularly on RJ flights later in the day, the FA may decide not to brew coffee. Kind of annoying; it's not that much extra effort/cost.
Old May 23, 2017, 4:32 pm

Programs: UA 1.6MM
On EWR-ORD flight a week ago, I asked for a beer and was going to show my MP card. The FA looked up at the row number and said "GS, right" and handed me the drink. I looked up and saw the following black "banner" with the first letter of my last name:

Name:  IMG_0032.JPG
Views: 1909
Size:  84.1 KB
Old May 23, 2017, 10:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by WWfly
On EWR-ORD flight a week ago, I asked for a beer and was going to show my MP card. The FA looked up at the row number and said "GS, right" and handed me the drink. I looked up and saw the following black "banner" with the first letter of my last name:

Attachment 33118
I think that's the bottom part of a "CREW" bag tag.

David
Old May 24, 2017, 8:57 pm

Programs: 1MM UA Gold
Originally Posted by DELee

David
Too funny!

Reminds me of the morning back in 2003 when I came out of my hotel room to find a big "TED" printed on the picture of a jet on the cover. My first thought was, "Unbelievable! They've figured out how to personalize the newspaper for every hotel guest!"
Old May 24, 2017, 9:16 pm

Programs: UA 1.6MM
Originally Posted by DELee

David

Then this was me acting DYKWIA
Old Jun 4, 2017, 10:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Gold, DL Silver
For all the complaints I have....

I was in E+ on BOS-LAX today. I have to say, the (free) cheeseburger was delicious. Better than many mains I've had in domestic F. Thanks for the free meal, United!
Old Jun 4, 2017, 10:56 pm

Programs: UA
UA2, got a classic box for free. FA didn't even want to check my credentials as I went to the galley to ask.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 1:52 am

Programs: papa card, UA 1K
Any new hot lunch/dinner menu items or are the choices still the cheeseburger, pasta and meatballs and roast beef sandwich? Maybe they discontinued the sandwich?
Old Jun 5, 2017, 7:11 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Recently flew a UX flight (CHS-ORD). FA announced snacks were available for purchase. Offered to no one for purchase as she pushed the drink cart up. When she got to me, she thanked me for 1K and offered me a snack and drink.

Then flew ORD-PHL (mainline). No offer, no service. Just water for the entire flight. And I was in the exit row. I've had them forget many times in the bulkhead seat where I'm usually more proactive.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.