Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Celebrity Sightings on United Airlines [2016]

Old Jan 18, 2016, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

Celebrity Sightings on United Airlines [2016]

Old May 2, 2016, 9:30 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA Ex. PLT, Delta Diamond
Originally Posted by mherdeg
Gate agent announces with a sense of urgency that it is time to board the flight to Frankfurt, please, and would the following passengers please board immediately: [some name], [some name], Swank, Hillary, Hilary Swank, Swank [another surname].

Announcement is repeated five minutes later.

Five minutes later someone emerges from the direction of the GlobalFirst Lounge with two dogs, no luggage, and a handler. It is she.
I would have paid money to be on the flight. Got a crush on her. She must have been buying dogs in Germany. Were they big dogs? Dog handler or personal handler?
Old May 2, 2016, 9:32 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold
Saw Bill Nye - The science guy at B gates at DCA on Saturday. Said hello and he goes - carry on
Old May 2, 2016, 11:16 am

Programs: UA Global Services, Bonvoy LT Titanium, National EE
Originally Posted by jww947
I would have paid money to be on the flight. Got a crush on her. She must have been buying dogs in Germany. Were they big dogs? Dog handler or personal handler?
Probably these dogs here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...scue-dogs.html
Old May 2, 2016, 1:37 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by Viking547
Celebrity support animals?
Old May 2, 2016, 6:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LT Plt, Mets fan
Originally Posted by runner450
1B was the required flight crew held seat on the 764 (76P) J cabin.
Why would the crew seat be 1B, rather than 1D (the Captain Kirk seat)? And why would it be 1B on the 764, but not 1B on the 763 2-cabin configuration (a friend had 1B MUC-EWR, which is slightly longer than TXL-EWR I believe)?
Old May 2, 2016, 6:54 pm

I had Ted Danson on LAX-IAD back in January. we were on the first flight out fromLAX after the big weekend snow event in dC. He ended up right behind me in line for boarding. Really nice and friendly with everybody. He was in row 4 and I was in row 2 in F. Fun experience to be sure
Old May 2, 2016, 8:48 pm

ORD-IAH coming back after Thanksgiving last year, was sitting right in front of Dallas Keuchel. Took me a couple glances to realize who it was.
Old May 2, 2016, 9:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Platinum, Marriott Titanium
Jeff van gundy a few weeks ago. Iah-lax
I was 2F. He was 3B
Old May 7, 2016, 2:47 pm

Programs: UA
Edit, went 2/2 today

5/7 UA247, LAX-EWR.
Brian Geraghty, didn't talk to him but he seemed pretty chill, he switched seats so a family could sit together.

UA1600 EWR-LAX
James Maslow, 2 FAs and about 8 teenage girls took pictures with him. Asked a FA who it was and she told me.

Last edited by thejaredhuang; May 8, 2016 at 1:29 am
Old May 8, 2016, 8:35 pm

Programs: DL, UA, SW (Gold), MC
23-Nov-2015, UA836, PVG-ORD.

Yao Ming, who I apparently missed during the entire flight. I guess he was somewhere behind me in the F cabin (mom and I had 1A/1K) because C on UA would probably a bit snug for him? Thank goodness that chest pass of the pillow across the aisle made it to my mom. :-)

Mom saw him walk by in the airport when I went to the bathroom after the flight, as did the Customs officers who were talking about seeing him when I was leaving.
Old May 8, 2016, 9:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by rlsun
23-Nov-2015, UA836, PVG-ORD.

Yao Ming, who I apparently missed during the entire flight. I guess he was somewhere behind me in the F cabin (mom and I had 1A/1K) because C on UA would probably a bit snug for him? Thank goodness that chest pass of the pillow across the aisle made it to my mom. :-)

Mom saw him walk by in the airport when I went to the bathroom after the flight, as did the Customs officers who were talking about seeing him when I was leaving.
I once saw him on the same sCO flight I was on in May 2006 (OGG-LAX). What a vertically superior human being! I first spotted him at the OGG preclearance line and was floored at how little I felt.
Old May 10, 2016, 10:31 am

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
I'm late on this, bur Adrian Grenier (Vincent Chase from "Entourage") was on UA 1278 (IAH-LGA) on March 24, in Y. On his way to Mexico to film something.
Old May 10, 2016, 10:43 am

Programs: TrueBlue/Hawaiian Miles
Originally Posted by st530
I'm late on this, bur Adrian Grenier (Vincent Chase from "Entourage") was on UA 1278 (IAH-LGA) on March 24, in Y. On his way to Mexico to film something.
An ad for Avin Tequila perhaps ;-p
Old May 14, 2016, 1:25 am

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL
rapper wale, EWR [not] to SFO.

http://www.hotnewhiphop.com/wale-gav...ews.21614.html

he's getting killed in the comments on that site. major DYKWIA.
Old May 19, 2016, 2:25 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus
Former US Secretary of State Colin Powell was on UA267, SFO to PHL, yesterday evening. He had sunglasses and a cap pulled down low, but we recognized him standing about six people behind us in the Group 1 boarding line at the gate before departure. My spouse and I went back to E+ but he settled in F. Our rowmate recognized him, as well, as we were waiting to deplane at the gate in Philly.

JK-SFO

Last edited by JK-SFO; May 19, 2016 at 2:26 pm Reason: typo!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.