Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United - Positive Experiences 2016

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2016, 3:33 pm

Programs: 1MM, UA 1k
UA87 PVG-EWR - 7/23 - great job by entire crew, led by capt Eric Pole, walked thru cabin during boarding greeting folks and staff, getting on top of PVG staff to fix broken seat. Kept everyone well informed and happy, even as we arrived in the swamp (EWR) and waited 40 minutes for a gate after a super-early arrival. Great job.

Last edited by Imstevek; Jul 23, 2016 at 3:33 pm Reason: Added date
Old Jul 23, 2016, 6:38 pm

Programs: UA GS, MM, AA (EXP), SPG Platinum, Priority Club, Ambassador Platinum, Global Entry
Delayed flight arrival met by GS agent and MB service to the next flight. Without this service I would have been marooned for at least 8 hours before the next flight to my destination. Great service and proactive GS care! Always good to be home on Saturday and on-time too.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 5:32 am

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
A Surprising Incident - Agent Put me on an Earlier Flight on Another Carrier

deleted

Last edited by 5khours; Jul 25, 2016 at 9:39 am Reason: moved to inappropriate thread
Old Jul 25, 2016, 5:57 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Glad to hear that happened at UA.

I've seen this at non-US airlines, although usually just within *A. I had a connection in MUC from LH to UA, where the UA flight was going to be 5 hours late. I was in BF on an upgrade with miles. The LH agent in MUC put me on OS via VIE in Business, with the VIE-EWR segment on a 773 with their new Biz layout (1-2-1) seating and incredible service. Arrived only an hour later than the original UA flight was supposed to, and got J UA RDM's and PQM's for the flight.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 6:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by 5khours
Flew into the US on GF recently. Had a six hour layover before my connecting domestic UA flight. After arriving in the US, I asked a UA agent if there was anything earlier. Nothing available earlier so the agent without being asked booked me on an earlier flight on ANOTHER airline.... saved me 4 1/2 hours in the airport after a very long international flight. Wow!

A long time ago, this sort of thing used to happen a lot. Employees just did what was best for the customer, but I haven't had anything like this happen to me on UA for at least five years.
Good on you for not identifying the location where the agent was so helpful.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 6:25 am
LIH

Programs: UA GS 1.6MM UC | AA CK 0.7MM AC | Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist | Hertz PC
Flew into the US on GF recently. Had a six hour layover before my connecting domestic UA flight. After arriving in the US, I asked a UA agent if there was anything earlier. Nothing available earlier so the agent without being asked booked me on an earlier flight on ANOTHER airline.... saved me 4 1/2 hours in the airport after a very long international flight. Wow!

A long time ago, this sort of thing used to happen a lot. Employees just did what was best for the customer, but I haven't had anything like this happen to me on UA for at least five years.
In the last month or so I have had three different interactions with UA agents in the UC where they proactively raised the prospect of booking me on another airline given a UA flight delay. That is the first time I can remember that topic being kosher outside of truly FUBAR'd situations historically.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP

Were you on a full fare ticket?
Old Jul 25, 2016, 7:10 am

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Is it possible the OP's originally scheduled flight was in an oversold condition?
Old Jul 25, 2016, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by LIH
In the last month or so I have had three different interactions with UA agents in the UC where they proactively raised the prospect of booking me on another airline given a UA flight delay. That is the first time I can remember that topic being kosher outside of truly FUBAR'd situations historically.
Reading the OPs message, it doesn't sound like the flight was delayed, just a long layover and when asked about an earlier flight the agent offered a change option.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 8:58 am

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
deleted

Last edited by 5khours; Jul 25, 2016 at 9:38 am Reason: moved to other thread
Old Jul 25, 2016, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
This is really odd and nice of UA.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 9:24 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium, TAP Gold
I really hope this continues, esp. since I was on a United flight departing HNL that was delayed for 23 hours...
Old Jul 25, 2016, 9:36 am

Programs: UA GS & Million Miler, AA Lifetime Gold (MM)
On my flight yesterday from BNA-SFO, the FA in the FC cabin was absolutely stellar. She was personable, engaging, proactive, and just plain happy to be there. It was really nice to see someone who was enjoying her job, engaging with passengers, smiling, and making the flight a total pleasure.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 6:27 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/GS, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Saver availability on 5 hours' notice

Had a nice MP experience tonight that I wanted to share...

A family member needed to make an emergency trip from ORD-OMA, and then return OMA-MSP. At 5:30pm I checked award availability on United for the ORD-OMA leg, and to my delight I was able to get a Saver award for the 10:40pm flight tonight. Good value for miles, too - the available one-way cash ticket on 5 hours' notice was $278 (E fare), so at 10K+$6 for the award ticket I got 2.7 cpm.

By comparison, the OMA-MSP leg on DL two days later cost 27.5K skypesos on short notice. Although, that was actually decent value, as the cash ticket was $430, so at 27.5K+$6 for the award ticket I got 1.5 cpm, which is not that unreasonable for skypesos, or so I'm told.

Cheers,
Rowen
Old Jul 25, 2016, 6:58 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by rowenb
... Good value for miles, too - the available one-way cash ticket on 5 hours' notice was $278 (E fare), so at 10K+$6 for the award ticket I got 2.7 cpm. ....
Yes, last minute domestic awards can be one of the better mileage redemptions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.