Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

What's the Stupidest, Least Substantive UA-Related Thing to Complain About? [2016]

Old Jan 8, 2016, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

What's the Stupidest, Least Substantive UA-Related Thing to Complain About? [2016]

Old Jan 15, 2016, 5:52 am

Why can't UA get the management company at EWR to clean up all the bird crap in the 120+ gate areas....its been like this so long and disgusting to see the bird crap inside the building still!!
Old Jan 15, 2016, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by steveo
On my flight today Star Wars 3, Revenge of the Sith was playing and the flight ended during the final fight scene causing me to not get to see Obi Wan cut off Darth Vader's legs and throw him into a pool of lava. Pilot should have done donuts to extend the flight
Had that happen to me a couple months ago. Was watching a movie on an E170, and I guess wifi automatically cuts out below 10k feet so the PDE movie was cut off just as it was approaching the climax. Still haven't managed to see the ending of Horrible Bosses 2.
Old Jan 15, 2016, 9:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
UA was slow to confirm that there will be no changes to 2017 Premier qualification standards.
Old Jan 15, 2016, 10:45 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
UA was slow to confirm that there will be no changes to 2017 Premier qualification standards.
!
Old Jan 15, 2016, 12:03 pm

Programs: United 100K, Etihad Gold, Marriot Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by rmadisonwi
Had that happen to me a couple months ago. Was watching a movie on an E170, and I guess wifi automatically cuts out below 10k feet so the PDE movie was cut off just as it was approaching the climax. Still haven't managed to see the ending of Horrible Bosses 2.
DOn't worry you didn't miss much.

Star Wars was on the movie feed for the DirectTV. Since this movie is now around 10 years old you do not get a spoiler warning.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 4:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club, National Executive
Part of me says this is actually worth complaining about...

Recently bought up to an A-fare from my reasonably expensive E-fare as I wanted lunch and some space to work on the flight. I flip open the armrest to discover that the tray table is gone. Missing. Just a little metal hinge with nothing attached. Had to eat lunch with the tray on my lap!
Old Jan 16, 2016, 5:14 pm

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Flight map on today's domestic 787-8 flight showed we were at 40,001 feet.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 12:15 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Was flying SFO-RNO today. I get to the airport with not too much time to spare, so no bloody mary / french toast from the Centurion for me. Get on my flight, #1 on the upgrade list, but still in Y. We wait 30min past departure time for some late to arrive, only to have to standby passenger take the last two F seats.

At this point, I'm really ready for that bloody mary… but the 33min flight is too short for a drink service. No free drink in Y for this 1k.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 12:16 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by ito717
Part of me says this is actually worth complaining about...

Recently bought up to an A-fare from my reasonably expensive E-fare as I wanted lunch and some space to work on the flight. I flip open the armrest to discover that the tray table is gone. Missing. Just a little metal hinge with nothing attached. Had to eat lunch with the tray on my lap!
I'd complain about it. Might get you a few miles.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 5:20 am
RNE

Originally Posted by helvetic
I'd complain about it. Might get you a few miles.
Indeed. I advise ito717 to ask for 10,000 RDMs and settle for 5,000.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 7:35 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by Kacee
Still not updated!
Old Jan 18, 2016, 11:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Still not updated!
Am contemplating hunger strike.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 6:39 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
A sign at RDU designates a desk as being for "Premiere Access Check In"
Old Jan 18, 2016, 7:33 pm

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
The godawful automated boarding announcements UA seems to be slowly infecting airports with -- I thought they had only contaminated EWR but I heard them at IAD last week. Something about that woman's intonation makes pushes me to this side of a homicidal rage. I don't mind the concept -- and I've heard some delightful ones elsewhere -- but the specific voice talent UA is using drives me bonkers.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 7:45 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold

The E145 lady and the EWR announcements drive me crazy too. (I've been laughing for a few minutes due to the post above lol)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.