Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2016 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, Business, & p.s. BusinessFirst

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2016 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, Business, & p.s. BusinessFirst

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2016, 2:35 pm

Programs: in C/C++, Python, SQL
UA 423
29 NOV 2016
MCO - DEN
Lunch

Started with warm nuts, which had the disgusting green things mingling about. Also some almonds which, while not vile like the soy nuts, were still taking space that would be better occupied by cashews.

I had the salmon salad...don't remember the second choice. Something involving chicken, I believe.

Warm cookie for dessert, at least.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 2:48 pm

Programs: in C/C++, Python, SQL
UA 12
29 NOV 2016
DEN - LAX
Dinner

I thought I must have been on the same flight as limey1K in post #868, since the food matches exactly. Unwarmed nuts to start, and the choice of "cioppino or tandoori chicken". Amusingly, the purser did get a bit snarky with people when he had to explain cioppino multiple times. Not sure why he didn't just switch to "seafood stew" or something. Anyway...

Warm cookie served with milk for dessert--the milk really hit the spot.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Scott in LA
...Amusingly, the purser did get a bit snarky with people when he had to explain cioppino multiple times...
Longtime CO flyers probably didn't need an explanation - CO used to serve a pretty darn good cioppino occasionally TATL.

"Fish stew" probably the best lowest-common denominator term for everyone , now that we're one big happy family...
Old Dec 1, 2016, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
SFO-DFW mid morning departure 12/1. Choice of chicken salad or beef in a brioche. Chose the chicken salad. It came with the chicken on one plate and the "salad" on another, which was basically two large slices of pineapple and a small amount of greenery. And for dessert, a fruit salad which was mostly pineapple. Plus a chocolate chip cookie, the list of ingredients for which read like a detailed textbook on obscure chemicals.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 9:16 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Million Miler, Marriott platinum, lifetime platinum
Some of like the "green things" in the nut mixture. I think they're a nice addition.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 7:49 am

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Currently posting this from UA 433, BOS>SFO, 12/2. One of those rare flights when I was delighted not to be upgraded: I got an entire exit row to myself, and the breakfast skillet was nearly as tasty and filling as anything I've had in F lately. The sweet potatoes and spinach lurking at the bottom really made the dish.

Old Dec 2, 2016, 9:48 am

Programs: UA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Mlife Gold, Starbucks Gold
12/2
UA1143 CLE-IAH
Choice of Omelette or French Toast Casserole.

I had the French Toast, while MrsWooglin ordered the omelette and we shared. Both were good, but the seasoning on the omelette was really good- would definitely order it again. Not bland but not overwhelmingly spicy.

Cinnamon Roll or biscuit offered as well.

Old Dec 2, 2016, 7:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.45MM, Marriott+SPG Plat, Clear, Nexus, Global Entry and MEX Viajero Confiable
Very good food

IAH-BOS
UA2047
December 2, 2016
In F but interestingly enough labeled Business.. but that is a topic for different thread.

Lunch service.
2 main choices.. salmon or country rib. Chose the rib (like a short rib) with rice and beans and plaintains. Flavor was very good and me being half-Dominican that is a big compliment.
Attached Images  

Last edited by NH_Clark; Dec 4, 2016 at 12:53 pm
Old Dec 3, 2016, 5:14 am

Originally Posted by NH_Clark
IAH-BOS
UA2047
December 2, 2016

Lunch service.
2 main choices.. salmon or country rib.
Same offerings on UA1086 IAH-CUN today (12/02).

I had the salmon, wife had the short rib.

The salmon was somewhat dry, but the sauce (beurre blanc?) made up for it. The couscous was also good.

The wife said the short rib was really good, but I'll have to take her word for it as she didn't share. She did give me the plantains though, and they were excellent.

Cookie served ~15 min prior to landing was warm but too crunchy for my liking.

Old Dec 3, 2016, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by Wooglin
The salmon was somewhat dry, but the sauce (beurre blanc?) made up for it. The couscous was also good.
Yeah, whoever picked the sauce is a genius. It will fix most qualities of salmon ^
Old Dec 3, 2016, 6:25 pm

Location: San Francisco, CA USA // UA 1K 2 Million Miler, AA EXP 2MM, HH Diamond, SPG Plat // Easily found on SFO-ORDs
Originally Posted by Wooglin
Is that couscous or quinoa? Looks like quinoa to me.
Old Dec 3, 2016, 7:02 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
100% that's quinoa.
Old Dec 3, 2016, 9:52 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Don't do mid-cons often, had a SFO-ORD-SFO this week, no pics

Tandoori check for lunch on the way out -- pretty decent, would get it again.
Lemon sorbet as desert, OK but prefer ice cream

Return was dinner flight
Shrimp & grits -- mildly spicy sauce ^ , well prepared shrimp, grits were decent -- definitely would get again
The standard Braised beef was the other option
Vanilla ice cream -- skipped the chocolate sauce and whip cream
Old Dec 4, 2016, 5:37 am

Originally Posted by physioprof
100% that's quinoa.
Yeah my bad. I took the FA at her word when describing the dish; didn't even realize.

But it was still quite good.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 6:26 pm

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
UA1096
IAH-SJO

Boeing 737-800
Meal: Breakfast

Choice of omelette or french toast (below)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.