Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2016 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, Business, & p.s. BusinessFirst

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2016 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, Business, & p.s. BusinessFirst

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2016, 7:59 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
UA 5601, YVR-SFO, a late morning flight aboard an E-175, which promised "breakfast" in the flight amenities.

Served a scone and a plate of fruit. A bit light for breakfast, more like a mid-morning snack.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 8:03 am

UA727, SFO-IAD - a lunch flight on a sCO 757.

Choices were salmon with peppercorn sauce, a chicken dish, and paneer. When my seatmate asked what paneer was, the FA replied "tofu"

Salmon dish was pretty good.

No dessert served after the main course - no ice cream, gelato, or sorbet. Was it mis-catering or did the crew forget?

Four hours later, warm cookie served before landing.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 8:42 am

Programs: UA 1K MM
Originally Posted by transportprof
No dessert served after the main course - no ice cream, gelato, or sorbet. Was it mis-catering or did the crew forget?
You were on the flight and would know the answer - did you ask?
Old Jan 10, 2016, 8:59 am

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by asphaltman
Does anyone know what the "quiche" thing is they have been serving recently? It's horrible. I'm not talking about the pie shaped quiche made with eggs, but rather the round thing that's filled with a cooked spinach? or something.. Some flight attendants call it quiche, so it's hard to know what your getting. Anyone else hate it?
I had the round spinach thing out of SFO and it was the best breakfast thing I'd had in a long time. Quite liked it!
Old Jan 10, 2016, 9:20 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
MTJ-SFO 5pm CRJ700
Block 2:18 actual 1:53

Old Jan 10, 2016, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by rch4u
You were on the flight and would know the answer - did you ask?
I kept thinking that the dessert would come out in a while, as they thawed the ice cream, etc. Then I fell asleep (those sCO 757s are quite comfortable in BF). Then when I woke up, they were serving the cookies and I didn't think to ask about the ice cream.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Then I fell asleep (those sCO 757s are quite comfortable in BF). Then when I woke up, they were serving the cookies and I didn't think to ask about the ice cream.
Was that a lunch flight?
Old Jan 10, 2016, 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by cesco.g
Was that a lunch flight?
Yes. UA727 is a lunch flight.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 7:40 am

Programs: UA Platinum Marriott Platinum
1/11 #1904 EWR-PHX (Up in air as I type)

Choice of Roasted Red Pepper Quiche or Cinnamon French Toast Casserole with warm Vanilla Sauce.

Got the French Toast Casserole. Easily the BEST breakfast I have ever had on a plane. I would order it at a restaurant over and over. Hope it becomes a predominant option going forward for Breakfast choices.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 10:25 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
UA 1060 RDU-SFO 06:26-09:37 737-800

Full PDB ^

Appetizer plate, a nice touch as this was separate from the rest of the meal.

Choices were waffles, cereal or this quiche. By the time they'd taken 1K and GS orders and gotten to me in 3A all that was left were quiches. It actually wasn't terrible (though I always add hot sauce to such things).

One note: I do wish they'd have a snack basket later in the flight. We were in the air close to five and a half hours. Something to nibble on later would have been appreciated.
Old Jan 12, 2016, 1:48 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
Didn't want to start a new thread if we were given wrong info but anyone on a flight out of ORD today? We waited 45 minutes for catering (on top of an hour delay) and were then told no flights out of ORD today were getting any food in any cabin.

4.5 hours to the west coast and we have water, ice, and sodas. Flight was furthered delayed when people were allowed off the plane to go get food.

What a nightmare. People with connections are fit to be tied.
Old Jan 12, 2016, 4:28 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by EnvoyBoy
Didn't want to start a new thread if we were given wrong info but anyone on a flight out of ORD today? We waited 45 minutes for catering (on top of an hour delay) and were then told no flights out of ORD today were getting any food in any cabin.

4.5 hours to the west coast and we have water, ice, and sodas. Flight was furthered delayed when people were allowed off the plane to go get food.

What a nightmare. People with connections are fit to be tied.
There is an "issue" with catering at ORD which is being discussed in this thread

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-catering.html
Old Jan 12, 2016, 9:16 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Million Miler, Marriott platinum, lifetime platinum
Just got off TPA EWR in F today.

Had a very nice meal - choice of chicken with rice and corn and black beans, with a side plate of avocado with salsa, and a salad with grapefruit and mandarin oranges. Rather nice, and satisfying for a domestic F airline meal. Warm cookies to follow.

Full PDB and a great crew who never sat down once, and kept continuous drinks coming.

An early arrival made for an overall, great flight.

Other choice for dinner was a salad with salmon, which my neighbor had and it looked rather high quality.
Old Jan 12, 2016, 9:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by krentzie
1/11 #1904 EWR-PHX (Up in air as I type)

Choice of Roasted Red Pepper Quiche or Cinnamon French Toast Casserole with warm Vanilla Sauce.

Got the French Toast Casserole. Easily the BEST breakfast I have ever had on a plane. I would order it at a restaurant over and over. Hope it becomes a predominant option going forward for Breakfast choices.
That French Toast souffle (or maybe casserole, if that's what they are calling it) is fantastic. I had it EWR-PBI last year and was extremely pleased.

UA727, SFO-IAD - a lunch flight on a sCO 757.

Choices were salmon with peppercorn sauce, a chicken dish, and paneer. When my seatmate asked what paneer was, the FA replied "tofu"
LOL at the description of paneer. If your seatmate ordered that, they must have thought it the heaviest, CHEESIEST tofu they ever ate.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 2:43 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
DEN-LAX
737-800
Breakfast

PDB of choice ^

After takeoff, hot towel, followed by drink of choice.

My Vodka/OJ came with a glass of water as well ^

Meal choices were the French Toast Soufflé or a Quiche.

I went with the souffle and found it decent enough. Some extra butter would have been nice. It was served in a bowl.

Also on the tray was a fruit plate with wilted grapes and strawberries, 2 slices of melon, and a slice of pineapple.

There was also an "Uptown Farms Greek Yogurt" on the tray.

Re-fills were constant throughout the flight from this young, attentive, and professional crew.

LAX-DEN
Boeing 737-800
Dinner

PDB of Choice! ^

Once in the air, hot scented towel followed by warm mixed nuts and drink of choice.

Meal choices were the Jambalaya, Lentil Chili, or a pasta dish.

I went with the Jambalaya and thought it was EXCELLENT. It had just the right amount of flavor and spices. A breadstick and butter were on the tray, as well as a delicious side salad with greens, feta cheese, and melons with balsamic vinaigrette dressing.

Drinks were re-filled constantly despite a somewhat bumpy flight.

Warm delicious baked on-board cookies served on plates prior to landing.

Simply put, UA's offerings on this route blow the competition out of the water. ^^^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.