Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2016 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, Business, & p.s. BusinessFirst

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2016 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, Business, & p.s. BusinessFirst

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2016, 10:11 am

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
Originally Posted by BlackBear05
SFO-BOS 1Jan16
United First
UA444 B753

Dinner

Mango Sorbet
Shouldn't a transcon dinner flight get the sundae rather than the mango sorbet?
Old Jan 8, 2016, 9:52 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.5MM, HH Diamond
BOS-ORD 7Jan16
United First
UA203 B739

Breakfast

PDB
Hot Towel

Choice of: Quiche or French Toast
Served w/ Fruit Salad, Biscuit or Cinnamon Roll

ORD-LAX 7Jan16
United First
UA531 B739

Lunch

PDB
Hot Towel
Nuts

Choice of: Hoisin Beef or Butternut Squash Ravioli
Salad w/ Grapefruit & Tangerines, Whole Grain Bread Roll

Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
Old Jan 8, 2016, 1:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
DSM-DAN 7Jan16
United First
UA596 A320

Choice of muffin or no muffin.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 2:05 pm

Programs: United 1K
Originally Posted by jewels421
ORD-DEN, 1/1 7:45 pm departure.

And I have no idea where the best place to post this is but SPRITE ZERO IS BACK!!! I just happened to look at the beverage options in the January Hemispheres and it was listed again. I asked for it and got it.... only one flight, so we'll see how consistent it is, but I'm so happy to have a diet, caffeine-free soda option back. The Dasani lime was not cutting it with me.
This happened about a month ago (quietly) and I was excited as you.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by jewels421
ORD-DEN, 1/1 7:45 pm departure.

And I have no idea where the best place to post this is but SPRITE ZERO IS BACK!!! I just happened to look at the beverage options in the January Hemispheres and it was listed again. I asked for it and got it.... only one flight, so we'll see how consistent it is, but I'm so happy to have a diet, caffeine-free soda option back. The Dasani lime was not cutting it with me.
Originally Posted by uber1K_Flyer
This happened about a month ago (quietly) and I was excited as you.
Nice! ^

Thanks for posting this as I would have never known otherwise.

And the Dasani lime thing is gross.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 8:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
Dinner on SEA-IAD

1/5/16
SEA-IAD
UA 260
1303 departure
B737-900ER

Choice of Thai chicken curry, beef short ribs or tri color ravioli.

PDBs served and orders taken front to back.

Meal was listed as lunch but dinner was obviously served.

Cookies served prior to landing.
Attached Images  

Last edited by TWA Guy; Jan 9, 2016 at 6:15 am
Old Jan 8, 2016, 9:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Overnight flights - 'lightened' snacks?

My wife flew redeye LAX - ORD a few days ago and got only a bag of crackers. I thought I remembered cheese and grapes or something like that as the 'refreshments' on these (~4hr) flights—i.e. not quite a meal but still relatively substantial. Is crackers the new normal or do I misremember?
Old Jan 8, 2016, 11:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by fumje
My wife flew redeye LAX - ORD a few days ago and got only a bag of crackers. I thought I remembered cheese and grapes or something like that as the 'refreshments' on these (~4hr) flights—i.e. not quite a meal but still relatively substantial. Is crackers the new normal or do I misremember?
That used to be the case, but as part of the meal enhancements last year UA had to make up for the additions somewhere and the mid-con redeyes suffered by losing their snack. (AA and DL also don't serve snacks on similar routes).
Old Jan 9, 2016, 8:20 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Hilton Diamond, BW Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Does anyone know what the "quiche" thing is they have been serving recently? It's horrible. I'm not talking about the pie shaped quiche made with eggs, but rather the round thing that's filled with a cooked spinach? or something.. Some flight attendants call it quiche, so it's hard to know what your getting. Anyone else hate it?
Old Jan 9, 2016, 9:47 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Mrs. Transportprof had the spinach pie/quiche ex-HNL earlier this month and enjoyed every bite. Cleaned her plate! Perhaps the preparation varies from flight kitchens, or there is quite a range of tastes for airline food!
Old Jan 9, 2016, 10:55 am

Programs: UA Platinum
YVR-SFO
UA 595
1400-1600hrs

Snack flight-

Cold snack plate of Chicken, some sort of salad (maybe coleslaw?), a chunk of white cheese, crackers, and a Lindt chocolate.

Was not too bad for a cold plate, the cheese was bleh. Overall was nice to have something (especially since I had not eaten yet).
Attached Images  
Old Jan 9, 2016, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by asphaltman
Does anyone know what the "quiche" thing is they have been serving recently? It's horrible. I'm not talking about the pie shaped quiche made with eggs, but rather the round thing that's filled with a cooked spinach? or something.. Some flight attendants call it quiche, so it's hard to know what your getting. Anyone else hate it?
This thing?

I think it was introduced to me as 'a spinach soufflé' (other option: 'French toast soufflé' ...) last month, although 'pie' as transportprof has branded it seems more accurate.

I didn't mind it at all. It has a bit less egg flavour and a lot less salt than the quiche wedge, but I might choose the round over the wedge.

Ancillary note: I think I smelled/spotted new coffee (i.e. not the brown water pictured above) last week HNL - SFO. I did not sample, however.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by popoemt
YVR-SFO
UA 595
1400-1600hrs

Snack flight-

Cold snack plate of Chicken, some sort of salad (maybe coleslaw?), a chunk of white cheese, crackers, and a Lindt chocolate.

Was not too bad for a cold plate, the cheese was bleh. Overall was nice to have something (especially since I had not eaten yet).
Cool - that looks more like something you'd get on a European carrier on short haul. Nice presentation.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 9:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Hilton Diamond, BW Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Yes, that's the one. I've never heard it called spinach soufflé, but that does describe it better than quiche IMHO. It was funny when I first tried it, I was sitting next to a United Pilot, and both of us hated it. Maybe it was the kitchen it came from, I might have to give it another try. I just wished I knew if they were serving that or the egg pie shaped quiche. Seems like the last month and a half of flying, breakfast has only been the quiche or French toast soufflé.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 1:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by asphaltman
Yes, that's the one. I've never heard it called spinach soufflé, but that does describe it better than quiche IMHO. It was funny when I first tried it, I was sitting next to a United Pilot, and both of us hated it. Maybe it was the kitchen it came from, I might have to give it another try. I just wished I knew if they were serving that or the egg pie shaped quiche. Seems like the last month and a half of flying, breakfast has only been the quiche or French toast soufflé.
By 'the quiche' I guess you mean the real actual quiche? UA should just give the entrees codes so we know what we're talking about. 'X3C for breakfast this morning, please.'

Late-December flight was the wedge for me too, so maybe the round is out of rotation for now. But it may come back, as I think I had the actual quiche in October or November before that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.