Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Wanted To Know About Where To Sit On An EMB175

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 28, 2015, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA

Cabin walk through video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNPKGCwgxko
https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...5/default.aspx

2A seems to be a preferred choice in First.

1A doesn't have a cutout so might not be as good for tall people & seems to be colder.

7C/D seems to be preferred choice for E+. Often blocked until T24, but then seem to be available.

7A/B also good, although 7B may get bumped during boarding because it's exposed to passengers as the aisle shifts to the center between the F and Y cabins.

All row 7 seats have ample legroom before the F cabin. There is no bulkhead; just a half-curtain.

United Becomes First Airline to Add New, Larger Overhead Bins to Embraer E175 Aircraft
Photos(1)

New bins will be available on 50 aircraft by the end of this year and can accommodate up to 29 more bags per flight, helping make room for everyone's carry-on

CHICAGO, March 26, 2024 /PRNewswire/ -- United Airlines announced today that it is installing new, larger overhead bins on its Skywest operated Embraer E175 fleet that will provide more room for passengers' roll aboard carry-on bags. These new bins will be available on 50 aircraft with a 76-seat configuration by the end of this year. United may expand the E175 larger overhead bins offering to more than 150 aircraft by the end of 2026.

United is the first airline to offer these larger overhead bins on E175 airplanes and estimates this move will nearly eliminate the need for one million annual passengers to gate-check bags on more than 150,000 E175 flights.

United is enhancing the passenger experience by adding larger overhead bins on the Embraer E175 fleet to increase customer convenience and improve operational efficiency. The new bins will accommodate up to an extra 29 carry-on bags on the regional jets, which is an 80 percent increase in space.

"Customer sentiment for the new overhead bins and signature interiors has been extremely positive. By helping to eliminate the need to gate check bags, we are seeing an increase in gate and boarding satisfaction," said Linda Jojo, United's chief customer officer. "This is just the latest way we're working to create an industry-leading experience for all our customers – whether they're on an international or regional flight."

United now has more than 200 mainline aircraft outfitted with bins large enough to fit every passenger's carry-on bag and is in the process of retrofitting its domestic narrowbody fleet. The new overhead bins in the regional fleet will provide a seamless connecting experience for customers. Every E175 aircraft outfitted with these overhead bins will also have braille and tactile placards that enhance accessibility, part of a larger initiative the airline announced in 2023.

United Airlines and United Express operate an average of more than 4,000 flights a day to over 350 airports across 6 continents. SkyWest is the world's largest E175 operator and flies more than 700 daily departures to more than 140 destinations as United Express. In 2023, United became the world's largest carrier as measured by seat-miles, carrying more than 150 million passengers.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2014, 7:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS

Bulkhead seats in First?

How are the bulkhead seats on the EMB 175's? Glimpses of the seats on YouTube videos suggest it's fine, with standard legroom (and no one reclining into you), but SeatGuru flashes yellow for restricted legroom. Meanwhile, seat maps for AA and Delta EMB 175's give it a thumbs-up for leg room. Anyone who can share their experience?
Old Dec 22, 2014, 10:32 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Originally Posted by sface
Bulkhead seats in First?

How are the bulkhead seats on the EMB 175's? Glimpses of the seats on YouTube videos suggest it's fine, with standard legroom (and no one reclining into you), but SeatGuru flashes yellow for restricted legroom. Meanwhile, seat maps for AA and Delta EMB 175's give it a thumbs-up for leg room. Anyone who can share their experience?
The bulkhead seats are good seats on the E175. Definitely my preferred economy seat choice and a decent choice in First, although not the ridiculous legroom as in the old configuration CRJ-700s.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 7:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by Air Houston
The bulkhead seats are good seats on the E175. Definitely my preferred economy seat choice and a decent choice in First, although not the ridiculous legroom as in the old configuration CRJ-700s.
Thanks. How about the bulkhead in First -- row 1?
Old Dec 23, 2014, 10:36 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Originally Posted by sface
Thanks. How about the bulkhead in First -- row 1?
As I said in the second part of my comment, the bulkhead is a decent choice in First. It does not have as much legroom as the old configuration CR-700s have in F though. If I don't have the dog with me I will usually pick 1A, so it is not a bad seat, just not so much superior to other F seats that it makes a huge difference.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 3:21 pm

Does Row1 has good legroom on both the A and C, D side? Or should I choose row instead. In general, I try to avoid row 1 if I cannot stretch my legs.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 3:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, WN A+, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by neuro0
Does Row1 has good legroom on both the A and C, D side? Or should I choose row instead. In general, I try to avoid row 1 if I cannot stretch my legs.
Was just in 1D. It had plenty of legroom, although you're probably unable to fully extend your legs. I was able to get by my seat mate without much problem.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 5:50 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Flew on my first one of these last week from RDU-IAD. It's certainly better than the CR7 we usually see on that route, even if it has the awful Slimline seats. The bulkhead in row 7 is a great seat as there's unlimited legroom, plus the large windows are a treat.

The flight crew seemed very excited for the new aircraft as they made several announcements about it including one about how F had inseat power which I thought was rather odd to make to the whole plane.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 6:19 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Flew one last weekend from RDU-IAH in First. It's a very nice cabin and quite pleasant even on this longer route. I will say though that the little beverage table in the armrest on the single seat side is really unstable and you need to be careful about knocking your drink off.

Old Oct 15, 2015, 11:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)

There does not appear to be a "where to sit thread" on the ERJ-175 yet.

I'm flying one Saturday. In 1A right now. Yea or nay?
Old Oct 15, 2015, 11:42 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Kacee
There does not appear to be a "where to sit thread" on the ERJ-175 yet....
There is some seating stuff in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ess-fleet.html but agree a clean thread is a good idea. Thanks for starting.

Originally Posted by Kacee
.... I'm flying one Saturday. In 1A right now. Yea or nay?
That's what I have chosen but it does feel a bit isolated (good in my opinion) and you kind of feel like you are sitting in the galley.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 12:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
That's what I have chosen but it does feel a bit isolated (good in my opinion) and you kind of feel like you are sitting in the galley.
Thanks! 4A is also open, contemplating checking that out so I can report back.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 2:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
1A - Isolated, no seat in front of you for sense of open space = better for working, watching content. No underseat storage.

4A - Distance between you and row behind is greater, so less likely to feel bumps on seatback = better for sleeping. Underseat storage.
Little Washita likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 3:39 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
1A is my favorite!
Old Oct 16, 2015, 3:47 pm
QBK

Programs: UA 1K-MM + UC, Marriott Plat, National Exec
I was in 1A on my last E175 flight, and I found the legroom suboptimal. It's okay, but there was no possibility of straightening my legs (I'm 6'1", FWIW). It's not like 1A on the CR7 or (iirc) the E170.

In the future, I'll probably take 2A. I've had two equipment swaps so far (one from a 170 to a 175, one the other way), and I figure that in case of a downgauge, Rows 3-4 get downgraded.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 6:01 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by QBK
....I figure that in case of a downgauge, Rows 3-4 get downgraded.
That shouldn't happen -- paid first should have priority and then status of upgraders. Should be like any other swap with small F cabin. Of course consistency in execution is at times a problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.