Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA offer of charter ORD-HNL for feedback on how to "transform their business class"

UA offer of charter ORD-HNL for feedback on how to "transform their business class"

Old Oct 12, 2015, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

{received email from} United Research Events that offered a trip from ORD to HNL to offer feedback on how to "...transform their business class product offering". They asked me to fill out a quick questionnaire to see if I was eligible and then I would fly on a chartered 747 to be asked about serivce, etc. Stay two days in HNL and return the third. Unfortunately, I am booked those days and can't take advantage of the opportunity.

For reference, I've been a 1K for ~10 yrs, am over 1.5M lifetime, but this year has seen the doubling of my typical mileage and a 3X increase in C/F spending, hope to be GS by the end of the year with over $70K in spending.

Is this related to the CEO switch?

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Oct 12, 2015 at 8:42 pm Reason: split post into new thread
Old Oct 12, 2015, 6:47 pm

Programs: UA GS, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
{Got the} research event from ord-hnl for 2 days, flying on a private chartered 747 to participate in a research event to help transform the business class product. Had to do a survey and wait to see if chosen. Fingers are crossed.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Oct 12, 2015 at 7:42 pm Reason: moved to another thread
Old Oct 12, 2015, 7:56 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Is there a non-disclosure agreement that comes along with your participation?
Old Oct 12, 2015, 8:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by tom911
Is there a non-disclosure agreement that comes along with your participation?
Almost certainly. UA has done similar types of events in the past and they all involve the NDAs.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 8:04 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Dear UA, I fly this route 4 times a year. Please please
Old Oct 12, 2015, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, LH Senator *Gold, AA EXP OWE Hyatt Globalist
+1
Better still. How about fly the competition? Build a few mock-ups in Chicago. You don't need a chartered 744 to Hawaii to figure out that 2-4-2 dorm seating and crap food is not a competitive Business Class product.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 8:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by SFO777
+1
Better still. How about fly the competition? Build a few mock-ups in Chicago. You don't need a chartered 744 to Hawaii to figure out that 2-4-2 dorm seating and crap food is not a competitive Business Class product.
Or just shamelessly copy OS business class. Even with the average UA FA crew being maybe not quite up to that of an average OS crew, the good seat and great catering would help to make up for it. But as of right now, AA and DL 1-2-1 J are better than UA, full stop, end of story.

They should just invite us .

Last edited by TheBOSman; Oct 12, 2015 at 8:26 pm
Old Oct 12, 2015, 8:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, UA Million Miler
I got an offer today to fly a simulated 5.5 hour flight in a 764 for the same reasons. Yours is better!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ess-class.html
Old Oct 12, 2015, 8:26 pm

Dear United,

If you're looking for any locals to participate in discussions, I'll gladly offer plenty of feedback
Old Oct 13, 2015, 5:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by Cobijonz
For reference, I've been a 1K for ~10 yrs, am over 1.5M lifetime, but this year has seen the doubling of my typical mileage and a 3X increase in C/F spending, hope to be GS by the end of the year with over $70K in spending.
UA would be at least as well advised to tap people who've decamped for greener pastures. Much to be learned from those who don't risk UA much anymore but still care about the fate of the company.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 6:04 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by BearX220
UA would be at least as well advised to tap people who've decamped for greener pastures. Much to be learned from those who don't risk UA much anymore but still care about the fate of the company.
....they are.

My neighbor bailed for AA/US last year but found the grass was not greener over there. Was recently selected to participate in a program like this.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 6:25 am

I received this offer too. If I were to be selected, and actually go..., would I earn PQM?
Old Oct 13, 2015, 7:22 am

Programs: UA/CO GS, PP, MM
Originally Posted by BigPoppaCO
I got an offer today to fly a simulated 5.5 hour flight in a 764 for the same reasons. Yours is better!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ess-class.html
So did I, and I agree, rather go to HNL than sit in a simulated international flight...
Old Oct 13, 2015, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by clubord
My neighbor bailed for AA/US last year but found the grass was not greener over there. Was recently selected to participate in a program like this.
That's great to hear, and the first sign of UA interest in customer loss analysis / recapture in a long long time.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 2:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by BearX220
That's great to hear, and the first sign of UA interest in customer loss analysis / recapture in a long long time.
How long? The company did a similar set of tests for new biz seats a year ago. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-research.html

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.