Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

More Premium Beverages on Board-Crafthouse Cocktails MoscowMule/Buffalo Trace Bourbon

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 8, 2015, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: aacharya
http://newsroom.united.com/2015-10-08-United-Airlines-Toasts-New-Partnerships-That-Bring-More-Premium-Beverages-on-Board
United Airlines Toasts New Partnerships That Bring More Premium Beverages on Board

Airline adds Crafthouse Cocktails' Moscow Mule and Buffalo Trace Bourbon Whiskey

CHICAGO, Oct. 8, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- United Airlines is expanding its selection of premium beverages to offer customers two new options. The airline now offers Chicago-based Crafthouse Cocktails' Moscow Mule on United-operated North and Central America flights, and Buffalo Trace Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey on flights worldwide.

Crafthouse Moscow Mule

Produced with all-natural ingredients, Crafthouse Cocktails' Moscow Mule contains small-batch vodka; ginger beer made with organic ginger juice; pure California lime juice; and real cane sugar. Crafthouse's take on the Moscow Mule – a classic vodka cocktail – is also gluten-free.

Buffalo Trace Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey

Made from the finest corn, rye and barley malt at the most award-winning distillery in the world, Buffalo Trace's bourbon whiskey ages in new-oak barrels for years in century-old warehouses until the peak of maturity – giving this spirit a rich and complex taste, with hints of vanilla, toffee and candied fruit.

"We are pleased to partner with Crafthouse Cocktails and Buffalo Trace to offer our customers these popular drinks," said Tom O'Toole, United's senior vice president and chief marketing officer. "These new selections further enhance and expand our choices for the tastes of today's passengers."

On board, passengers may purchase a 200-milliliter bottle – enough for two servings – of Crafthouse's Moscow Mule for $12.99.

A 50-milliliter miniature bottle of Buffalo Trace will be complimentary in premium cabins and $8.99 in United Economy.

In addition, Crafthouse's Moscow Mule and Buffalo Trace bourbon whiskey will be available in dozens of domestic United Club locations and in the airline's U.S. United Global First Lounge locations. London Heathrow Airport's United Club will also offer Buffalo Trace.
Print Wikipost

More Premium Beverages on Board-Crafthouse Cocktails MoscowMule/Buffalo Trace Bourbon

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2015, 1:49 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
UA Press Release - 8 Oct 2015

United Airlines Toasts New Partnerships That Bring More Premium Beverages on Board

Airline adds Crafthouse Cocktails' Moscow Mule and Buffalo Trace Bourbon Whiskey

United to host eight celebratory flights today, including one with renowned Crafthouse mixologist Charles Joly
Old Oct 9, 2015, 8:17 am

Programs: UA 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium
ORD-EWR last night: FA came around in First offering a glass of Moscow Mule to everyone. They were also giving out promotional luggage tags
Old Oct 9, 2015, 11:39 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by awu25
ORD-EWR last night: FA came around in First offering a glass of Moscow Mule to everyone. They were also giving out promotional luggage tags
When I was at IAD-SFO flight on Oct. 2, the FC FA went back to economy cabin to get a bottle of Moscow Mule for me. She said that it was not supposed to be complimentary in FC cabin. But she was in a good mood and she got it for me for free.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
I asked for the Mule on my recent DEN->ORD mainline flight. They also had to go back to economy for it, but didn't mention anything about it not being complimentary for First Class.

It was OK for a change of pace, but nothing I would go out of my way to get again.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Now when will UA respond to complaints from we Scotch whiskey drinkers about the loss of The Glenlivet that was carried for a short time a couple of years ago? Titos has seemed to replace all other Vodkas on UA, DL and AA, but Dewars still has a hold on them when it comes to Scotch.

BTW GSs and 1Ks are now getting at least one comp'd alcoholic drink when sitting the the back without using those yellow coupons.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 10:45 am

I tried the Buffalo Trace last night. I liked it.

By now, all the FAs working in F seem to know what I was talking about when I asked for it (even if they don't remember the exact name of the bourbon). Heck of a lot faster recognizing this Buffalo Trace, as compared to the 312 beer (yellow can) that took a while for the FAs... Positive change, I suppose.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 11:19 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Yep, free drink in coach for 1K and GS beginning this week. About time they caught up to everyone else on this benefit. http://thepointsguy.com/2015/10/unit...inks-in-coach/
Old Oct 10, 2015, 12:07 pm

Programs: UA PM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Gold
No free drinks today on NRT - SIN in coach for this 1K. And no Buffalo Trace either.

:-(
Old Oct 10, 2015, 1:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA Plat, SPG/M P75 and few from CC
Was on a E45 yesterday and was offered, great
Old Oct 10, 2015, 2:52 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Moscow Mule is supposed to be a premium drink (like premium wines). Did any of GS/1Ks get it for free in economy cabin? Do we have enough data points? UA charges $12.99 for it. If GS/1Ks get it for free in Y cabin, the first class cabin should get it for free, too. Happy travels.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 4:56 pm

Programs: United 1K,CX GOLD,SPG GOLD, Club Carlson GOLD, Accor PLAT, Amex PLAT

Flew IAH>CUN this morning and received one for free in F. Pretty damn tasty I have to say! FA had to grab from the back but didn't seem like an issue. My GF and I really enjoyed it, would definitely have again. I showed them the full page hemispheres ad and they knew what I was asking for.

1K, F, IAH>CUN, Free - if that helps.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 5:07 pm

Programs: UA, CX, BR
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Now when will UA respond to complaints from we Scotch whiskey drinkers about the loss of The Glenlivet that was carried for a short time a couple of years ago?
Was it only for a short time? I seem to remember enjoying a lot of it for a long time ... sometimes FAs had to dig around for it ... sorry if UA cancelled it on my account Anyway, I strongly second your motion.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 9:09 pm

Programs: UA GS
Two E45 flights this week nothing offered. Had to fork over drink chits.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 8:57 am

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Kmxu
Moscow Mule is supposed to be a premium drink (like premium wines). Did any of GS/1Ks get it for free in economy cabin? Do we have enough data points? UA charges $12.99 for it. If GS/1Ks get it for free in Y cabin, the first class cabin should get it for free, too. Happy travels.
Today, I will try getting some in F for me and my wife (both 1K). I can understand it is intended to be a bottle for two so maybe they would be resistant to giving it out as the free drink in Y, however I would think that a 1K couple should be able to share one as complimentary? We will see.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 10:05 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by radiowell
I tried the Buffalo Trace last night. I liked it.

By now, all the FAs working in F seem to know what I was talking about when I asked for it (even if they don't remember the exact name of the bourbon). Heck of a lot faster recognizing this Buffalo Trace, as compared to the 312 beer (yellow can) that took a while for the FAs... Positive change, I suppose.
Yep; I had some on Saturday. FA initially said, "You mean like Jim Beam?" I prompted her that UA had recently switched to Buffalo Trace, and she said, "Oh, yeah, I think I remember seeing that."

Great change in the right direction, and one which doesn't cost UA much.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.