Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Airtime: Join a conversation about United’s future. (redirects to United Hub)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 30, 2015, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: UA Insider
Hi everyone,

As we mentioned yesterday evening, we are launching a new way for you to share your thoughts about United’s future—United Airtime. It’s our way to connect directly with customers and employees to answer their questions and get their feedback about how we can become the world’s best airline. The feedback we receive will be central to help us progress toward that goal. It is designed to be an ongoing conversation, and we will strive not only to honestly answer your questions and concerns, but also to implement your input. We will also be publishing stories about United employees, customers and company innovations to keep you informed about the strides we are making. So check out the site, weigh in with your feedback, and stay tuned for more details and updates both here and on our other social channels.

-UA Insider
Print Wikipost

United Airtime: Join a conversation about United’s future. (redirects to United Hub)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2015, 7:43 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, DL Plat
Originally Posted by ExtonUS
Well like it or not their first responsibility is to the shareholders and cancelling a promised share buyback probably wouldn't go well...so I cant see any fault in continuing it.
That's only partially true. Their responsibility is to create and maintain shareholder value. Knocking up short-term gains is not the first priority if the ultimate outcome will be to destroy long-term value. That (often exercised) misconception is the basis for buckets of shareholder lawsuits out there, once the other shoe has dropped. If nobody here can think of better ways this airline could spend even a portion of that $3B right now to create and maintain long-term value, well...
Old Oct 1, 2015, 8:04 am

Programs: UA SP, DL SM MM, AS 75K, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond.
I think this whole thing is a great idea! What's really a shame though is that the United Flyers Community very much served the purposes of what is trying to be done with this communication forum. Smisek and company, (and I say company, because he did not act alone) dismantled the UFC because they simply didn't care to hear what the group had to say.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 8:07 am

This is a great initiative.
I hope UA will keep its word and actually listen & take actions based on what people say on United Airtime.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 8:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by skipmnyc
I'm surprised that UA needs to engage in a listening exercise at all. I would think that they know very well what the issues are at this point (start with this forum).

Either they are tone deaf, or this "open letter" is just marketing window dressing.

What matters is what you do, not what you say. I'm waiting for concrete action.
Yes it's easy to talk about change. How about we see some actual change? Like stop gutting MP.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 8:50 am

Prices out of Newark

It would be wonderful it you would revisit pricing out of EWR. Today I bought a round trip ticket on Spirit from LGA to DTW, first class, for $348. I would have been willing to pay a premium to fly UA out of EWR, but not for $1100! And this was a couple of months out so it's not like the issue was a last minute one.

Interestingly, a flight from EWR to New Orleans, on exactly the same days, more than twice the distance, is half the price to Detroit.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by CO_Nonrev_elite
I'm just hoping that they don't only listen to GS and improve things for them while continuing to cut for everyone else
They're already reaping the awful fallout of catering only to GSers and price-focused bottom-feeders, and giving everybody in between the back of their hand. That's half the reason why the company's in a ditch. Oscar can't possibly continue this strategy and prosper.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 9:34 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
UA needs a jolt to prove this initiative. My take - replace O'Toole and bring someone new to revamp Mileage Plus. Could be an insider like O'Leary.

Also - get someone new in revenue management - and immediately cancel buy ups (change to requiring cancelling a ticket and buying new after a 24 hour period). Cancel partial buy ups of single segments.

Raise F prices, so F is higher than full Y.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 9:42 am

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
Originally Posted by Kulwin
Today I bought a round trip ticket on Spirit from LGA to DTW, first class, for $348. I would have been willing to pay a premium to fly UA out of EWR, but not for $1100! And this was a couple of months out so it's not like the issue was a last minute one.
But Spirit does not have a first class cabin! So those two prices are not comparable (yes I know that have those bigger seats in the first row, but they aren't first class).
Old Oct 1, 2015, 9:44 am

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
What I can't believe is that UA often costs twice or more than AA or DL. For far worse service. I've been flying more on price lately and burning my miles. Lately, flights that used to be packed have been flying with empty seats. Flyers are getting the message.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Nice article.

Really, really odd picture. Munoz looks like the Dos Equis guy.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 10:03 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AA EXP, HH Diamond, MR Gold, Avis PC, Hertz PC
A couple of other articles from around the web today on the new effort, including a sit down the the Chicago Tribune editorial board. Obviously the proof will be in the pudding, but I think this is a great start.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/busine...930-story.html

http://www.chron.com/business/articl...th-6541968.php

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/o...930-story.html
Old Oct 1, 2015, 10:05 am

Location: NRT/HND, IWK, SAT, BWI, NAP, OKA, AUS, DEN, COS and PUB
Programs: UA 1K.. 1MM
Originally Posted by cova
Hmm.. I don't think this is a great idea. Part of what you are "buying" with full Y is flexibility and freedom, none of which is included in a super discount First fare. So while perhaps there should be great disparity between the two, justifying that without making the product better and eliminating CPUs isn't really a great idea, IMO.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 10:09 am
nnn

Programs: All-Around Kettle
Originally Posted by cova
No, please don't.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 10:19 am

I appreciate the effort and hope it is genuine.

The absolute worst thing they can do is solicit customer feedback and then ignore it.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 10:31 am

Programs: UA 1K Marriott Gold IHG Ambassador SPG Gold
While this is a step in the right direction, I am really not expecting a lot from UA. Even though I have been a 1K for many years, I do not consider myself a big spender. Since they devalued MP, I started flying other carriers like Etihad for long haul trips. I wish UA well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.