Wiki Posts
Search

UA cancellations

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2015, 3:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Jewel/Osco Preferred Shopper
Thumbs down UA cancellations

On my last three UA trips they have cancelled a flight. Are there some figures around showing a trend?
Old Sep 30, 2015, 4:53 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by la2jax
On my last three UA trips they have cancelled a flight. Are there some figures around showing a trend?
You must be hub captive. Why else would someone want to fly UA? you want to see a trend? Try here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ts-2015-a.html

and here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ts-2015-a.html
Old Sep 30, 2015, 5:31 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
What was the date, routing and flight number? Why was the flight cancelled?

Kind of a broad question.

If there is bad weather, for example, some people prefer to have the flight cancelled rather than crash. I'm one of those. But, that's just me.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Yea, cancellations are UA's M.O. lately.

This year UA has had 1 day of zero mainline cancellations; their first since 2013.

This year DL has had 100 days of zero mainline cancellations.

The difference is shocking and not flyer_friendly.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 7:22 am

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I had two days of no flight delays or cancellations. I considered that to be quite unusual.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 7:26 am
Suspended

In Aug 2015 UA reported 0.9% cancellation rate for mainline only and about 2.0% cancellation for consolidated. You must be super unlucky to have a cancellation in all 3 trips.

ps : preliminary stats for Sept-2015 show an improvement to roughly 0.34% cancellation rate for mainline only, compared to 0.40% for AA+US and 0.02% for DL (I think because of rounding, DL will be forced to report "0.1%" instead)

Last edited by Sydneyair; Sep 30, 2015 at 7:36 am
Old Sep 30, 2015, 8:50 am

Programs: EK PLAT 2022-2023, UAplat soon to be LH senator!
having my daughter fly back to colorado springs regularly from school, i have noticed alot of her flights proudly operated by republic airlines seems to cancel and the reason has been blamed more on the weather side vs the no available crew/mechanical issues i have read about on here, downside has been that instead of waiting 2-3 hrs for the next available flight she gets the wife/siblings or friends to come up and get her but....the folks at den ua don't fix her reservation so that when she flies back to madison her reservation has been cancelled due to no showing to cos from den.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 9:49 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AA EXP, HH Diamond, MR Gold, Avis PC, Hertz PC
I flew four segments yesterday, including a 35 minute connection at ORD. All four of my flights left the gate on time and arrived early. I should go play the lotto.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.