Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Hertz/MP offers - [Consolidated] {earn up to 1,250 miles bonus based on UA status}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 31, 2015, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: narvik
Current offer through September 30, 2020. : (modified terms)
Save up to 40% on base rates*
Earn up to 1,250 1,000 MileagePlus award miles
Receive an additional 1,500 miles when you book a mid-size or larger Hertz car for two or more days on united.com t at airport locations through March 31, 2019 pickups.
Corporate Discount Code (CDP) 62455, Promotional Coupon (PC) 204508 and MileagePlus number required for this offer

Limited-time offer: Now through January 31, 2018, when you book a mid-size or larger car with Hertz through united.com, you'll earn 1,500 bonus award miles in addition to the miles you normally earn, for a total of up to 2,750 miles. You MUST go to the united.com landing page first, then click onto the Hertz offer from there. Going straight to Hertz.com could result in Hertz denying you the bonus miles.

Be sure to provide discount code (CDP) 62455, PC#305023 and your MileagePlus number at the time of reservation.

MileagePlus members receive the following benefits:

Save up to 40% on the base rate* of each qualifying Hertz rental with discount code (CDP) 62455
Earn more MileagePlus award miles for each qualifying paid Hertz rental by providing a MileagePlus number when making a reservation or picking up a rental
MileagePlus Premier® members as well as primary cardmembers of the United MileagePlus Club and United MileagePlus Presidential PlusSM Cards can enroll to receive complimentary Hertz Gold Plus Rewards elite status.

Link to full offer:

https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/pro...ertzoffer.aspx

T&Cs can also be found in the link above.

Screenshot of the actual email (less personally identifying information and the T&C's at the end of the email) can be found HERE.

Timing:

Initial Posting (500 miles) within 3-4 days of the trip. (some report 24 hours)
Bonus Posting (Premier Miles) within 7-8 days of the trip.
Additional Miles Posting within xx-xx days of the trip.

Retroactive mileage credit:

There have been many data points of car reservations made through United.com not properly crediting to the member's MP account. To obtain retroactive credit follow the link on the Hertz.com homepage under Customer Support named "Frequent Traveler Credit". Input your appropriate account and reservation details and you'll receive a response back from Hertz within 3-5 business days. Allow at least seven days after rental return before requesting the credit. This works for obtaining both the base mile credit and whatever bonus your status level entitles you to, e.g. GS/1K bonus, etc.

Direct link: https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/partner/index.jsp?targetPage=ftRetroFormView.jsp

Print Wikipost

Hertz/MP offers - [Consolidated] {earn up to 1,250 miles bonus based on UA status}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2015, 1:33 am

Programs: UA-plat, HH-Diamond, Marriott-gold
rebooked my res for this weekend..Hope it works!!
Old Sep 9, 2015, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by oiris11
If you don't mind, How did you find out?

Any confirmation about using it without receiving the email?
My 7,500 bonus miles (+ my 500 base miles) were posted to my account yesterday for my first rental. I did not receive the email, just used the CDP (62455) and PC (306832) posted here when I made my reservation.

I also just tried to use the CDP and PC for a reservation I need for early October (2-6) and the PC still worked! However, it looks like it must cut off in the middle of October because I got an error message for my October 19th reservation.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 7:20 am

For folks who use hertz, they also have a triple points promo going on as well if you register. My company makes me use their own codes which means I wouldn't get this, but I can get the triple points which isn't too shabby.

Originally Posted by Cargojon
Hmph, just completed my Hertz rental yesterday and noticed today they slapped me with a $13.99 refueling charge even though I fueled up right before return. After I fight with them about it, it's back to National for me.
Under 75 miles, and you need to explicitly tell them you filled up the car or they assume you didn't, even if the fuel gauge shows F. Shady I know but that's the assumption they make. Shouldn't be hard to have them remove it with a phone call?

Originally Posted by cblaisd
While the link in the email takes you to United's car rental site, the only thing the email says is

I've used the current promo codes for the 1K bonus that's been around the last few months on Hertz's site and the bonus was speedily awarded. So I am thinking this will be similar.

I was able to put in the CDP and PC on the regular Hertz site

Here you go:

My question is this: I have a two-day rental booked 9pm to 9pm, but I know I will be needing to bring the car back at more like 5pm. I wonder if it will still count for the 5K promo?
It will not unless the dates show more than 2 days. I got nailed like this before too. It needs to be over 48 hours for the computer to pick it up. I was able to call into customer service and have them fix it, but I had to call twice as the first person refused, even though I was charged for 2 days.

Last edited by J.Edward; Sep 9, 2015 at 8:22 am Reason: Merge
Old Sep 9, 2015, 8:12 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum
Quick question, as I normally book with National, not Hertz... to earn the miles from this promotion, do I need to "Decline" the Gold Plus Rewards Points in my profile?
Old Sep 9, 2015, 9:24 am
Suspended

checking the search engine seems to indicate that Oct 15 is the last day one can begin their rental while the PC is still valid
Old Sep 11, 2015, 5:34 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, United 1k, Le Club Silver
6 to 8 weeks for the bonus miles to be posted??

I used the CDP and PC for my rental. The extra bonus miles have been posted to my account except the usual 750 Platinum bonus. I wrote to Mileageplus, and this was the response I got, "The bonus miles will post to your account six to eight weeks after the qualifying car rental."

6 to 8 weeks? That is ridiculous.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 5:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by pollyG
I used the CDP and PC for my rental. The extra bonus miles have been posted to my account except the usual 750 Platinum bonus. I wrote to Mileageplus, and this was the response I got, "The bonus miles will post to your account six to eight weeks after the qualifying car rental."

6 to 8 weeks? That is ridiculous.
Returned my car on Monday, 0 points posted so far.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 6:59 pm

pollyG, BThumme

Which code did you use? The 2 day (5,000) or the 3 day (7,500)?
Old Sep 11, 2015, 10:44 pm

Originally Posted by oiris11
pollyG, BThumme

Which code did you use? The 2 day (5,000) or the 3 day (7,500)?
3. Rented a full.

EDIT: POSTED Today. (7500 - not the UA smaller amount). Thanks to FT for making me aware of this deal.

Last edited by BThumme; Sep 12, 2015 at 6:11 pm
Old Sep 12, 2015, 7:49 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1MM,
Took 5 days for my offer to post, but the 8,000 miles is worth the wait! The codes upped my labor day weekend rate about $3 a day, but thats a no-brainer to me.
Old Sep 12, 2015, 7:57 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by FlyerTom111
It will not unless the dates show more than 2 days. I got nailed like this before too. It needs to be over 48 hours for the computer to pick it up. I was able to call into customer service and have them fix it, but I had to call twice as the first person refused, even though I was charged for 2 days.
Fortunately I have it in writing via a Direct Message from the Hertz Twitter rep, so while I may have to fight it, I'm hoping it will be easy to fix.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
My 5k (bonus) + 500 (for being a Premier Dirt) showed up. I returned the car at 45 hours.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 10:10 pm

So any updates yet on whether you can do this multiple times? I may rent again next weekend.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 11:36 am
Suspended

PC 305023 promo extended

not sure if this has been previously mentioned or not, but the other low miles promo (PC # 305023, 1500 miles) has been extended from end-of-Oct till Dec 31st.

* officially till 12/31 but some dates in early Jan'16 are still returning proper results.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by BThumme
So any updates yet on whether you can do this multiple times? I may rent again next weekend.
I'm interested in this as well, since I have multiple reservations in the next 2 weeks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.