Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Hertz/MP offers - [Consolidated] {earn up to 1,250 miles bonus based on UA status}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 31, 2015, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: narvik
Current offer through September 30, 2020. : (modified terms)
Save up to 40% on base rates*
Earn up to 1,250 1,000 MileagePlus award miles
Receive an additional 1,500 miles when you book a mid-size or larger Hertz car for two or more days on united.com t at airport locations through March 31, 2019 pickups.
Corporate Discount Code (CDP) 62455, Promotional Coupon (PC) 204508 and MileagePlus number required for this offer

Limited-time offer: Now through January 31, 2018, when you book a mid-size or larger car with Hertz through united.com, you'll earn 1,500 bonus award miles in addition to the miles you normally earn, for a total of up to 2,750 miles. You MUST go to the united.com landing page first, then click onto the Hertz offer from there. Going straight to Hertz.com could result in Hertz denying you the bonus miles.

Be sure to provide discount code (CDP) 62455, PC#305023 and your MileagePlus number at the time of reservation.

MileagePlus members receive the following benefits:

Save up to 40% on the base rate* of each qualifying Hertz rental with discount code (CDP) 62455
Earn more MileagePlus award miles for each qualifying paid Hertz rental by providing a MileagePlus number when making a reservation or picking up a rental
MileagePlus Premier® members as well as primary cardmembers of the United MileagePlus Club and United MileagePlus Presidential PlusSM Cards can enroll to receive complimentary Hertz Gold Plus Rewards elite status.

Link to full offer:

https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/pro...ertzoffer.aspx

T&Cs can also be found in the link above.

Screenshot of the actual email (less personally identifying information and the T&C's at the end of the email) can be found HERE.

Timing:

Initial Posting (500 miles) within 3-4 days of the trip. (some report 24 hours)
Bonus Posting (Premier Miles) within 7-8 days of the trip.
Additional Miles Posting within xx-xx days of the trip.

Retroactive mileage credit:

There have been many data points of car reservations made through United.com not properly crediting to the member's MP account. To obtain retroactive credit follow the link on the Hertz.com homepage under Customer Support named "Frequent Traveler Credit". Input your appropriate account and reservation details and you'll receive a response back from Hertz within 3-5 business days. Allow at least seven days after rental return before requesting the credit. This works for obtaining both the base mile credit and whatever bonus your status level entitles you to, e.g. GS/1K bonus, etc.

Direct link: https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/partner/index.jsp?targetPage=ftRetroFormView.jsp

Print Wikipost

Hertz/MP offers - [Consolidated] {earn up to 1,250 miles bonus based on UA status}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2015, 10:46 pm

Programs: UA-lifetime Platinum (2MM), IHG-Amb, HH-Diamond, Hertz-PC, Marriott-Gold, CX-AM
The following promotion for 1,500 bonus miles + 500 base miles + 750 1K/GS bonus miles is still going on until 2/29/2016. Did anyone still get the bonus miles by having the reservation booked through hertz.com?

Limited-time offer: Now through February 29, 2016, when you book a mid-size or larger car with Hertz through united.com, you'll earn 1,500 bonus award miles in addition to the miles you normally earn, for a total of up to 2,750 miles.

Be sure to provide discount code (CDP) 62455, PC#305023 and your MileagePlus number at the time of reservation.

Save up to 40% on each qualifying paid Hertz rental with discount code (CDP) 62455
Earn more MileagePlus award miles for each qualifying paid Hertz rental by providing a MileagePlus number when making a reservation or picking up a rental
MileagePlus Premier® members as well as primary cardmembers of the United MileagePlus Club and United MileagePlus Presidential PlusSM Cards can enroll to receive complimentary Hertz Gold Plus Rewards elite status.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 8:24 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by GordonGordon
The following promotion for 1,500 bonus miles + 500 base miles + 750 1K/GS bonus miles is still going on until 2/29/2016. Did anyone still get the bonus miles by having the reservation booked through hertz.com?

Limited-time offer: Now through February 29, 2016, when you book a mid-size or larger car with Hertz through united.com, you'll earn 1,500 bonus award miles in addition to the miles you normally earn, for a total of up to 2,750 miles.

I got the bonus one time for booking via the Hertz mobile app. That said, I booked through .bomb and tweak the reservation afterward if needed.

Someone should update the header to reflect an end date on the promotion to end of February...

Save up to 40% on each qualifying paid Hertz rental with discount code (CDP) 62455
Old Nov 21, 2015, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My latest rental two weekends ago posted a few days ago, 1500 + 500. I made the reservation on bomb.com but tweaked it on Hertz.com (necessary because stupid bomb.com [a] does not allow half-hour pickup/dropoff specificity like Hertz.com does, only one full hour steps, and [b] does not support putting in an arriving flight).
Old Nov 21, 2015, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
My latest rental two weekends ago posted a few days ago, 1500 + 500. I made the reservation on bomb.com but tweaked it on Hertz.com (necessary because stupid bomb.com [a] does not allow half-hour pickup/dropoff specificity like Hertz.com does, only one full hour steps, and [b] does not support putting in an arriving flight).
I've done this and still gotten credit - moral of the story, I think tweaks to reservation afterwards on Hertz's website are fine.

When I didn't get the bonus 1500 2 months after I made a booking on Hertz's mobile app using the promotional code, I called in to the MileagePlus servicing hotline, and they added the miles.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 10:19 pm

Programs: MileagePlus 1K, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Does anyone know how to enter an off-airport location as your drop off location? It seems that United.com does not allow you to enter a local Hertz location. Thanks. Is the only way to do it by booking on UA.com and the tweaking the reservation on Hertz.com?
Old Nov 28, 2015, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by vdostoi1
Does anyone know how to enter an off-airport location as your drop off location? It seems that United.com does not allow you to enter a local Hertz location. Thanks. Is the only way to do it by booking on UA.com and the tweaking the reservation on Hertz.com?

Maybe reserve with only airport locations via United website and then change the locations on hertz.com?
Old Nov 28, 2015, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by slivrflyr
Maybe reserve with only airport locations via United website and then change the locations on hertz.com?
This seems like the only logical way. I may be booking a car reservation from NYC in the next weekend or two - will report back on how this goes if I do it...
Old Nov 28, 2015, 9:01 pm

Programs: MileagePlus 1K, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
This seems like the only logical way. I may be booking a car reservation from NYC in the next weekend or two - will report back on how this goes if I do it...
This is what I did. I booked on UA.com and then modified it on Hertz.com. Will see if the promo miles post.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by vdostoi1
This is what I did. I booked on UA.com and then modified it on Hertz.com. Will see if the promo miles post.
I booked to pick up from LGA for a 5-hour trip - cost $76, pretty comparable to ZipCar. Tried to flip it to a Manhattan pickup location with same codes - became $142. Guess I will be taking ZipCar for my rental (I only need the car for 5 hours max).
Old Dec 23, 2015, 11:26 pm

The 1500 bonus mile offer has been extended to May 31, 2016.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 12:52 pm
mkr
Suspended

Location: Just outside Big D, or many other places in big metal tubes
Programs: WN Rpd.Rwrds, AA, was longtime CO very top Elite tier, Overentitled UA Lifetime 1K (since 2012)
Anyone having problems getting the bonus miles with current Hertz offer?

The current Hertz offer gives 1,250 bonus miles to 1 K and 1500 extra bonus miles when booked through UA website special offers (+ 40% discount).

I recently booked a Hertz car through the UA website using the special offer link through promotions. My total should be 2,750 MP miles.

Only 500 miles posted to my account.

Is anyone else having problems getting the bonus miles?

Is this a united.com glitch, or what?

Did anyone call in to the MP service center about this?

What did they say?

Reservation clearly shows in my MP account reservation history.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 12:54 pm

My last two rentals have posted the 500+1500 within a week of the return. What is taking time, for whatever reason, is the 750 extra miles I should be getting for being Platinum. I have not bothered calling in yet, but no idea why it takes so long.

In the past, if there was a delay, I would call the MPSC (the Hertz folks are completely useless, IME), and it would post a few days after that.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 12:59 pm
mkr
Suspended

Location: Just outside Big D, or many other places in big metal tubes
Programs: WN Rpd.Rwrds, AA, was longtime CO very top Elite tier, Overentitled UA Lifetime 1K (since 2012)
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
My last two rentals have posted the 500+1500 within a week of the return. What is taking time, for whatever reason, is the 750 extra miles I should be getting for being Platinum. I have not bothered calling in yet, but no idea why it takes so long.

In the past, if there was a delay, I would call the MPSC (the Hertz folks are completely useless, IME), and it would post a few days after that.
So part of your bonus miles posted along with your regular 500 miles, but your bonus for Platinum did not post?

Mine shows only 500 regular miles, no bonus.

I wonder if UA is hoping people forget about the bonus miles and don't post them unless one calls in?
Old Jan 10, 2016, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by mkr
So part of your bonus miles posted along with your regular 500 miles, but your bonus for Platinum did not post?

Mine shows only 500 regular miles, no bonus.

I wonder if UA is hoping people forget about the bonus miles and don't post them unless one calls in?
The Platinum/1K bonus has always posted for me, but it is always on a lag relative to miles posting for the initial booking. I do not understand why this is the case, but imagine it is just another tech bug...

As for the promotional bonus, they have posted for me on the last several I had, but I did have to call in previously for some bookings where it did not post (back in August). Called to MPSC and it was resolved in a few days as noted above.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 1:35 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
I had to Tweet the Hertz rep to get mine; after that they posted fairly quickly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.