Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New on time initiatives (Reuters article) begin in Jan

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New on time initiatives (Reuters article) begin in Jan

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2015, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by Kacee
UA marketing has come completely untethered from reality.
But it's a reality that DL is a much better, more profitable airline. (And sad that UA never, ever aims to be best at anything... only wants to come close to median metrics.) We've known for years that this management is not here to invent / innovate, just imitate.

The "untethered from reality" part is all this hilarious talk about returning to a "flyer-friendly" state when nearly ever action this company has taken since 2011 has been explicitly, flatly flyer-unfriendly -- even flyer-contemptuous. Flyer-friendly? Why start now?
Old Sep 3, 2015, 10:06 am

Quoting from the article : "("we wanted to be: the world’s most flyer-friendly airline,” Krolick explained. “Everything we’re doing is all supporting that
idea.” )"

Don't these guys feel any shame, any shame at all? It must take guts to say things like that with a straight face knowing it's all lies. This guy would look great in the GEICO Pinocchio commercial ( "I see nothing but untapped potential. YOU have potential.....and the nose grows ). It's really sad
Old Sep 3, 2015, 10:27 am

Programs: Million Miler, 1K - Basically spend a lot of time on planes
and to start this process of equaling Delta, we are going to start with our frequent flyer program. As of tomorrow, we are upping the miles needed for redemption for all flights into the 300k+ range in order to bring us more in line with theirs...
Old Sep 3, 2015, 10:42 am

Programs: 6 year GS, now 2MM Jeff-ugee, *wood LTPlt, SkyPeso PLT
OP: The piece you link to is a combo of quotes from the Reuter's article interviewing the new CIO http://finance.yahoo.com/news/united...--finance.html And a rather odd puff peice from Skiff that just makes United look silly - which has been discussed in a prior thread.

These things could just have happened now, or it could be a rather sad effort to respond to Delta's recent ads on how its the "on-time machine" and more importantly targeting of UA corporate accounts.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 3:47 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Baze
Hmmm, rock and hard place. Have plane late but everyones luggage makes it. Or plane on time but luggage complaints go through the roof.
During the pmUA push for #1 on time (where they were successful for many quarters straight) they made the call to leave bags for the next flight. Yes, sometimes the people beat the bags to the destination and you get complaints.

Originally Posted by DENviaLAX
I've never seen an aircraft scheduled like that [sched arrival after boarding time]. It only happens when there is a plane swap involved, which only happens to cut down on an already existing delay situation(MX, WX, etc), not create one for no reason.
I see these every so often on my SEA-IAH and IAH-SEA flights, more so at SEA where the crew usually stays on board. They schedule for a 30 minute turn on the narrowbodies... can't happen that fast, but usually we do make up the time in taxi or the air if we push back on time. It seems they do have some padding in taxi/flight time. I have to say I have been very lucky recently.... missing the thunderstorms at IAH or very late inbounds to SEA from SFO.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 5:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
I assume Delta has the advantage of having a bunch of very old worthless planes hanging around to sub when a plane breaks. However those old planes should need more maintenance, and break more often. UA 747 were always broken and I think its got better after they moved them all to SFO for a year?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.