Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[Consolidated] "I need XXX UA PQD's/PQMs in 2015 for Elite Status in 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 15, 2015, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

[Consolidated] "I need XXX UA PQD's/PQMs in 2015 for Elite Status in 2016

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2015, 12:41 pm

Programs: Try to be elite again... :)
I have 96K PQM so I need 4K to re-qualify for platinum 1K... I live in Munich...

Anyone know what is the fastest way...

I do have a trip to Australia and Tokyo soon but I want to get some miles on AA since I am only 20K shortage to be an executive platinum there...

Thoughts?
Old Sep 1, 2015, 4:18 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Tommys888
I have 96K PQM so I need 4K to re-qualify for platinum 1K... I live in Munich...

Anyone know what is the fastest way...

I do have a trip to Australia and Tokyo soon but I want to get some miles on AA since I am only 20K shortage to be an executive platinum there...

Thoughts?
Since you have a PQD waiver, the simplest and fastest is to purchase the PQMs for roughly $500 http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...es-2015-a.html.
Otherwise the solution involves flying.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Soliciting opinions on whether I should do a mileage run for 3200mi or rely on my flights that are scheduled for December 31.

What happens if one of my flights is delayed or goes MX and I don't end up flying home until January 1? Am I SOL for 2015 EQM?

Not sure I want to risk it!
Old Sep 3, 2015, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Boraxo
Soliciting opinions on whether I should do a mileage run for 3200mi or rely on my flights that are scheduled for December 31.

What happens if one of my flights is delayed or goes MX and I don't end up flying home until January 1? Am I SOL for 2015 EQM?

Not sure I want to risk it!
If you're delayed, ORC should work to credit back to the right year.

But depending on where you live, a 3200 PQM run can be gotten relatively cheaply (4-5 cpm) - so if you relish having status renewed earlier, might be worth it.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 12:46 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold/UA Mileage Plus Premier 1K
Need just a few more PQDs for status

If I fly all of the itins I've currently got scheduled between now and the end of the year, i will accrue over 100,000 miles for calendar 2015............but will be short of the required $12K spend by 233 PQDs. Other than take a cheap r/t flight one day between now and the end of the year, anything i can do to make up that difference? Thanks for any thoughts.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 12:49 pm

Programs: Marriott: Platinum Hilton: Diamond AC: 25K
I think buying one of those upgrades that they offer you at check-in count for PQD I am not sure thou, I could be mixing it up with the upgrade they offer you before the check in. I am pretty sure one of the two is the one that counts.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 1:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
I'll be $1200 PQD short of Gold, but more than 15,000 PQ miles over the gold threshold.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 1:10 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by Nimitz
I think buying one of those upgrades that they offer you at check-in count for PQD I am not sure thou, I could be mixing it up with the upgrade they offer you before the check in. I am pretty sure one of the two is the one that counts.
You can buy up to an F fare from an existing Y fare without paying a change fee, and the incremental fare will definitely count for PQDs. You have to call to do this.
Old Sep 16, 2015, 6:19 pm

I have a tough one - Significant other is going to be short ~ $2000 PQD for Gold. Will fly 60K miles by end of year but had a bunch of cheap international flights in there, not by his own design. Based out of ORD. Trying to convince him best way would be to pay for the upgrade one way on an upcoming ORD-PEK flight but he remains skeptical.
Old Sep 16, 2015, 6:23 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Laurlyn23
I have a tough one - Significant other is going to be short ~ $2000 PQD for Gold. Will fly 60K miles by end of year but had a bunch of cheap international flights in there, not by his own design. Based out of ORD. Trying to convince him best way would be to pay for the upgrade one way on an upcoming ORD-PEK flight but he remains skeptical.
Not sure I would value Gold at $2000 but there is value to the upgrade.
Any thoughts about going for a Chase MP credit card PQD waiver -- need to put $25K on the card before the end of the year.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 8:33 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, SPG/Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
I'm scheduled to fly 93,xxx (well over $12K spend) through the end of November. I was debating going for 1K as I really would like to have the GPUs in my pocket; found an r/t SAT-HNL fare in December for about $600 (with R space available) so I snagged it and will now have a nice little birthday jaunt that will take me over 100K. Looking forward to being back in the fold :-)
Old Sep 17, 2015, 9:23 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt DIscoverist
I hit the CC Spending waver... Just 14,300 short of UA Plat. Me thinks it's time for a little get away to Hong Kong or Taipei!
Old Sep 18, 2015, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SkyClub Lifer
No buy-ups, right?

After my last trip, I'm over 42,000 PQM, but only at 2,900 PQD. I didn't have the cash flow for any E+ purchases to pad the balance, and I don't have any more travel scheduled (yet) before the end of the year. I'm in Hawaii, so not a lot of short UA hops available - am I just stuck getting a $300-$600 fare (or a $499 E+ subscription) if I want to be silver? Or is there some likelihood that later this year UA will offer to let me buy-up to silver?
Old Sep 20, 2015, 5:55 pm

Best way to earn $31 PQD?

Hey all!

I booked an upcoming SFO-EWR trip for next weekend, reasoning that the ticket price was more than the amount of PQD I need to qualify for next tier. Now that it's ticketed, I calculate that I'm still $31 PQD short!

What's the fastest way to earn $31 PQD? Either on the upcoming flights, or after them?

Thanks!
Old Sep 20, 2015, 5:59 pm
sb3

Programs: UA-1K
Not sure what your current status is, but you could purchase E+ if you're a general member or silver. E+ purchases count toward PQD. It will likely be over $31.

You could also call in and find out what the difference is to P or even the next highest fare class in economy and buy that. Again, possible it will be more than $31.

If there is an option to buy-up to first from within your reservation, likely more than $31, that will count toward PQD.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.