FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Unknown UA flight & date-pax removed for not putting her dog in its carrier (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1702840-unknown-ua-flight-date-pax-removed-not-putting-her-dog-its-carrier.html)

MileageAddict Aug 15, 2015 7:06 am

Unknown UA flight & date-pax removed for not putting her dog in its carrier

In the million miles of flying I've done, I have yet to see a pax kicked off a flight...although we did once return to the gate to have someone removed due to an arrest warrant for them. Fun times.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7a0...ature=youtu.be

Source: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-n...-woman-6256600

Kurt Aug 15, 2015 9:57 am

That gentleman with the walking stick (her husband?) looked like he wanted to just stay in his seat and be done with her drama!

Kacee Aug 15, 2015 10:08 am

I love how you can her screaming in the background as the cops drag her down the jetway.

goalie Aug 15, 2015 10:13 am

I flew with this couple late in 2014 JFK-LAX in PS Business. I was in 5B & they were across from me in 6E&F and the dog was incredibly well behaved. The dog sat on her lap the entire flight* (including takeoff and landing) and slept almost the entire flight with an occasional licking of some ice cubes. The gentleman read a book & slept and the woman did like her vodka ;)

*I was curious about the dog not being in a carrier so I discretely asked the f/a as to why no carrier and he told me (with a wink) that it was a "therapy dog"

Edited to add a moderator note

If anyone is able to sleuth out the flight number and date, please let the moderators know so the thread title can be updated

AndyPatterson Aug 15, 2015 10:29 am

They were in a bulkhead seat, so there was no space to wedge in the dog carrier (as in the space under under the seat in front of a non-bulkhead row). Was the dog carrier supposed to be loose on the floor?

I like dogs and generally don't mind them on the plane, but this was very different.

chavala Aug 15, 2015 10:30 am

Originally Posted by MileageAddict (Post 25274564)

Best fun weekend post I've seen in ages. thanks!

NewportGuy Aug 15, 2015 10:57 am

Good for UA to take a stand on this. I do wonder if (as goalie said happened on a prior flight) she claimed it as some kind of "therapy" animal if things would have gone differently.

transportprof Aug 15, 2015 11:14 am

Time to add another name to UA's 'No fly' list.

tuolumne Aug 15, 2015 11:16 am

Originally Posted by NewportGuy (Post 25275301)
Good for UA to take a stand on this. I do wonder if (as goalie said happened on a prior flight) she claimed it as some kind of "therapy" animal if things would have gone differently.

Seeing how fast she went from 0-100 the minute the dog was touched, maybe it really is her "therapy dog".:p

NewportGuy Aug 15, 2015 11:31 am

Originally Posted by tuolumne (Post 25275370)
Seeing how fast she went from 0-100 the minute the dog was touched, maybe it really is her "therapy dog".:p

Given her mental state, and to paraphrase "Jaws"...,

"I think she's going to need a bigger dog"! :)

Plane-is-home Aug 15, 2015 11:37 am

Awesome. Should be mandatory viewing before anybody with a dog goes on the plane.

enviroian Aug 15, 2015 11:51 am

Unknown UA flight & date-pax removed for not putting her dog in its carrier

What prompted the flight to go back in the first place? Did I miss something? Obviously the woman is a nut job. I especially liked it when she says "I'm going to sue this country" LOL

is it a CR7?

mduell Aug 15, 2015 12:07 pm

From the square windows and huge row 1 legroom I'd say E70 or E75.

Doc Savage Aug 15, 2015 12:16 pm

I was on a WN flight a couple of days ago with a lady who had two miniature poodles in a large roller kennel that obviously wouldn't fit under the seat unless she really mashed it down and crammed it. The FAs argued with her, but she ultimately was able to take them onboard. Of course she then chose a middle seat next to a 6'5" guy (on the aisle). The FAs took pity and moved him to another open aisle a few rows back. At least she wasn't falsely claiming they were emotional support animals and kept them in the kennel.

goalie Aug 15, 2015 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by NewportGuy (Post 25275301)

Going by what the f/a told me when I flew with this couple, the pax told the f/a it was a service dog but if the article is accurate and the dog was growling and snapping at the crew, then shouldn't the dog have some kind of muzzle? I've flown with both in cabin dogs and therapy dogs and on a few occasions, I've seen the dogs wearing a muzzle. Not saying that the dog was a biter but maybe simply for safety's sake*

*I was bitten by a seeing eye dog as I walked past a visually impaired person being lead by the seeing eye dog so I could see the reason for a muzzle on an in cabin dog as with an enclosed space, strange noises, pax & crew walking by, anything could startle the dog