Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Unknown UA flight & date-pax removed for not putting her dog in its carrier

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Unknown UA flight & date-pax removed for not putting her dog in its carrier

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2015, 11:36 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
Affirmative.

Although the owner may have been more vicious than the dog
They say that dogs and owners often share personality traits, and from what we've seen, this incident seems to confirm that old adage.

But I was serious about the gate check idea. If someone was reasonable (obviously not the case in this incident), I wonder if offering to hand carry fido in a travel container to the cargo hold, along with the green tagged bags, and reverse the hand carry at the arrival end would have yielded a reasonable solution?
Old Aug 16, 2015, 3:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Don't you need to pre-book cabin animals? There is a limit how many are allowed on the plane. How did they even let her on with a 1C boarding pass and a dog. Obviously she can't put it in the overhead.
Old Aug 16, 2015, 5:33 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Originally Posted by chavala
... Obviously she can't put it in the overhead.
Why?

Certainly the overhead or a closet is more reasonable than gate checking the dog.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.