Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Brussels BRU <-> KGL Inventory and United

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2015, 1:01 pm
Original Poster

I'm trying to help a friend book LAX -> KGL -> ORD for December 29th, 2015 to January 20th, 2015. I'm a 1k on United and their website shows (and will let me book) an itinerary through BRU on Brussels Airlines. Every time I try and book it though, I get an email in a few hours telling me the the reservation did not ticket with Brussels. United says that Brussels hasn't released inventory to them, but Brussels has told me the flights have room.

The price is good for my friend's budget and ideally I'd like to get that itinerary. Is this situation likely to change? Is there some magic words to get United to get in touch with Brussels and clear this up? Interestingly, Mileage inventory on this route is available, but I'd rather do this with money if at all possible.

I know that's a bit rambling, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Old Aug 3, 2015, 1:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Will another OTA sell you the flight??
Old Aug 3, 2015, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

It's on Kayak actually: https://www.kayak.com/flights/LAX-KG...d4ed903a60eae3

It's been a while since I've done international through a OTA. Will this come out a single ticket if I get it though Kayak?
Old Aug 3, 2015, 3:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by creade
It's on Kayak actually: https://www.kayak.com/flights/LAX-KG...d4ed903a60eae3

It's been a while since I've done international through a OTA. Will this come out a single ticket if I get it though Kayak?
It will be a single reservation and the passenger will be protected on it as a through flight if that's what you mean. It is possible it will be issued as multiple ticket numbers but that shouldn't really matter, I don't think.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.