Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Anyone else NOT receiving promotional emails?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone else NOT receiving promotional emails?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2015, 4:05 pm

Programs: United mileage Plus 1k and Million Miler, Krisflyer, Air New Zealand, Qantas, Virgin
Originally Posted by TennisNoob
I have yet to receive any targeted offers either. Drives me crazy and makes me wonder sometimes.
Me also, 1K 9 years and MM3.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 4:14 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Ever since I have started flying other airlines, and buying those tickets on my UA CC I have been getting MORE E-mails, not less.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 4:46 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
UA (previous CO) seems/seemed to have problems with their outbound email system. I do not receive promo emails either. Some years back (from a DO event) CO researched why I wasn't receiving and they could not solve the issue. I get email from all other airlines with no issue at all. Not sure if UA system doesn't like the "period" between my first and last name in the email.

I have the same problem with Wyndham Rewards programs. There system just doesn't like my email, so I have to have them send to my office.

Still a mystery on UA. Their tech folks tried and tried from UA Customer experience management requests and I still do not receive UA email. And yes my profile is set correctly.

I do get email from UA if I purchase a ticket, but that is about it.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 7:59 pm

Programs: UA Plat
I had (have) a related problem. Shortly after I became 1k, emails from United became erratic. Some of them were important ones - like flight updates. I called, wrote, called, called, wrote etc and no one could find anything wrong (it wasn't a spam issue). The only solution was to change my email address from a yahoo one I was using to a gmail one I had. Everything was changed over to the gmail one everywhere in the system. This seems to have mostly resolved not getting important emails. However, TO THIS DAY I still get some emails to the yahoo address even though it is supposedly not in their system. All I can hypothesize is that their email database has some corruption issues.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 8:26 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1mm, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Subscribed to everything. Never get any kind of email except reservations, etc.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 6:31 am

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Originally Posted by bseller
I was 1K from the late 1980s (before it was a "published" level) until 2014. So, we're "similar" in that regard.

Your posts indicate that you fly in international, premium class.

Serious question: WHY bother with 1K? Why not just pay UA when you want, and ignore status from them? Surely, six (6) possibly-usable GPUs can't be the reason.

Dave
I still have ALL my GPU's & RPU's......the first year EVER I have not even bothered with them. I keep saying I'm switching, changing, etc but this is the first year I've really followed thru. The bulk of my business now goes to EK & even most of my "UA" flights are now on LH/LX. (JFK-ASIA on EK is just as easy as USA-ASIA on UA so the misconception EK is only worth flying to the ME, India or Afica Isn't true. That said, I always thought t was important to keep 1K going for domestic flights (better handling, etc). But now that better handling has gone away & I don't really fly domestic any longer combined with my 3mm status (which gives me 1K anyway) I've kinda given up FINALLY........for the few domestic flights a year I must take (transcons) I would have stuck w UA (especially w the reasonable biz fares) but even that's a dead issue as I would use JFK, not EWR. IN SHORT, old habits die hard but I've given up. My $$ is so much better spent on EK & I get treated as an IO w them better then I would as GS w UA (neither of which I would attain if I kept splitting my business). Granted, I neVER was a GS because of all the code shares I take so I'm just going by what I see (but am at my second year as an IO w EK (an airline with a 98.4% dispatch rate this year (what's UA's dispatch rate on int service? 74%??m 80%?? Not acceptable

Last edited by chinatraderjmr; Aug 3, 2015 at 6:36 am
Old Aug 3, 2015, 7:21 am

Programs: UA .5M, Vistana 1-Star owner
Same issue after 420k BIS miles in the past few years with normal emails coming then post-merger, nothing except the basics. I imagine their targeting is poor & they mismanaged the outsourcing of their email campaigns. Expected. For shame.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 7:33 am

Programs: United 1K
I find, like everything on United, complete inconsistency. I got a schedule change notification one one flight when nearly all of my flights have had changes without ever being emailed (i found out about the changes when I check on line to see if my upgrade has gone through, which, of course it did not).
Old Aug 3, 2015, 10:52 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Have you tried unsubscribe and resubscribe? That seemed to resolve a similar issue with Starwood.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 11:30 am

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
I receive the weekly "Cheap Flights to Atlanta!" promotional e-mails, but never receive any flight change e-mails, and receipt of Farelock or itinerary change e-mails is hit-or-miss. I do at least always receive the official itinerary e-mail when initially ticketing my flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.