Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Promo - 25% bonus on hotel points

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2015, 2:59 pm

Programs: Lowly UA silver, Marriott Ambassador/Tit4Lyf, IHG Plat
Watch carefully to see that you received the correct bonus. I transferred some Hyatt points that I was never going to use for 20k miles (plus another 5k bonus from Hyatt). The additional United bonus posted to my account on 8/31 (the end of of the promotion), but it was only 1,250 miles. In other words, United gave me the bonus on the 5k additional miles that Hyatt gives you when transferring for 20k miles, but they did not give me the bonus on the other 20k miles.

Currently waiting on hold with MP hoping that they will add the missing 5k miles. I would not have done the transfer without the bonus.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 3:11 pm

Programs: Lowly UA silver, Marriott Ambassador/Tit4Lyf, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by lexdevil
Currently waiting on hold with MP hoping that they will add the missing 5k miles. I would not have done the transfer without the bonus.
So...at first they insisted the bonus miles come from Hyatt, not United. They couldn't really explain why they gave me the 1,250 points to miles bonus. I kept pushing. Had to give them the United promotion code (which I had in my email...I never delete anything!) 12623 ET01. They read the terms of the promotion and now I am on hold again.

After another 10 minutes on hold I am now getting the additional 5k points. The moral of the story: the bonuses were added on 8/31. Check to make sure that yours is correct. Call if it's not. You may have to explain the promotion and give them the code.

Last edited by lexdevil; Oct 5, 2015 at 3:20 pm
Old Oct 9, 2015, 9:55 am

Anyone else still waiting for bonus?
Old Oct 19, 2015, 9:52 am

transferred Marriott points and still waiting for the United bonus to show up
Old Nov 13, 2015, 10:09 am

OK, it has bee 11 weeks and the bonus did not post. At first UA rep said that there was no bonus, when I gave them the link to this bonus offer on the United airlines web site, she came back with another story.

I am on hold with United and as a previous poster said, they keep claiming that this bonus comes the hotel and supposedly Marriott had some issues at the end of August.

They asked me to provide them with my Marriott number so that they call the hotel and get the bonus miles.

So it seems that United is not willing to take a credit for their own promotions.
Interested to see how this turns out
======================
Ok, after some waiting the UA rep came back and said that it was Marriott's mistake as Marriott must have cut the promotion time sooner then on 8/31/15, but they were able to verify the transfer and I got the bonus miles on my account.

Bottom line- I will not wait till last minute the next time and keep all the promo info / sign ups untill I see the bonus posted on my account.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Nov 13, 2015 at 12:59 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.