Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Promotion - Access to GFL for 1ks ?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2015, 11:20 am

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
Originally Posted by porciuscato
10/12/15

This is the absolute most people I've ever seen in the SFO GFL. I'm not sure I'm liking the surprise and delight so much.
If it's capacity controlled, as in, only letting the riff-raff in when use is relatively-light, then it might be a way to rationalize maintaining and even enhancing a resource that otherwise might have been considered too expensive to justify. If you consider the various statements from UA brass regarding the lack of interest in the GF product, and UA's lack of differentiation, plus the trend towards 2-class long range aircraft... it all adds up to GFLs being a pricey benefit with declining utility.

It makes sense that UA would be considering a standard lounge product (the current UC) and a business lounge (anyone traveling on paid C or F, plus GS members). This could be the beginning.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 6:08 pm

Programs: DL DM+5MM, AAGold MM, UA 1K+2MM, BA GGL,LH Senator, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, HY Plat
Upon checking in at the UC, flying IAD DUB in J, was given invitation to GF lounge. Was empty, only 3 other passengers in the GF lounge, but nice. Coffee machine out of order.....
Old Oct 12, 2015, 7:49 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
10/7/15 I did not get it at SFO.
10/11/15 I did get the invite at LHR.
10/12/15 I did get the invite at LHR (although the agent commented to the other she just turned down a group of 15).

In both cases at LHR there was plenty of space, attentive hosts, and a calm atmosphere. I wish I could have spent the 5 hours in the GFL, rather than on the plane on the tarmac on the 11th.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 9:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by Pat89339
10/12/15 I did get the invite at LHR (although the agent commented to the other she just turned down a group of 15).

In both cases at LHR there was plenty of space, attentive hosts, and a calm atmosphere. I wish I could have spent the 5 hours in the GFL, rather than on the plane on the tarmac on the 11th.
This explains why I didn't see you at the UC in LHR on the 11th. I did not get the invite, but I DID get another failed GPU to add to my tally.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 11:28 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.2MM / UC / AS Gold 75K / Bonvoy Plat / Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Pat89339

I thought I saw you. I will be less meek next time.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 1:32 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SS255
This explains why I didn't see you at the UC in LHR on the 11th. I did not get the invite, but I DID get another failed GPU to add to my tally.
Sorry to have missed you.

Originally Posted by greenpau
I thought I saw you. I will be less meek next time.
You should have! We're you on UA900?
Old Oct 13, 2015, 1:36 pm

GFL LHR

My wife and I (both GS) traveling from LHR yesterday with our two young children. Checking at the Lounge and as asked if I was a Club member after showing her my boarding pass. Mentioned I was a member, GS, and Star Gold. Asked about getting into the GFL. She mentioned that I was allowed 1 guest so both kids were allowed in. I wish she had offered the option, rather than making me ask for it.

Alas, the lounge was very nice. Really a vast improvement over anything else at United. My only complaint is there's no view, just the roof line of the terminal. Great staff, nice tasty food. Huge plus
Old Oct 13, 2015, 3:35 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, Hyatt Lifetime Glob, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum
At the GF/GS check-in at LHR today with my gf, the agent said that we would be "surprised and delighted" when we get the United Club. Sure enough, when we went to check-in at the club, we were given invitations to the GF lounge. Nice surprise. ^ My gf hasn't traveled much and she was very happy.

I haven't had time to keep up with FT of late and I hadn't heard of "surprise and delight," so it was a surprise.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 7:57 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by airzim
My wife and I (both GS) traveling from LHR yesterday with our two young children. Checking at the Lounge and as asked if I was a Club member after showing her my boarding pass. Mentioned I was a member, GS, and Star Gold. Asked about getting into the GFL. She mentioned that I was allowed 1 guest so both kids were allowed in. I wish she had offered the option, rather than making me ask for it.

Alas, the lounge was very nice. Really a vast improvement over anything else at United. My only complaint is there's no view, just the roof line of the terminal. Great staff, nice tasty food. Huge plus
It's not an upgrade/surprise, it's part of GS.
Old Oct 17, 2015, 3:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, SPG Plat, HH Dia
Was at one of the UCs at IAD today. They paged me over the intercom to find me. Then they gave me an invite to the GFL (from where I am posting this). I was certainly "surprised and delighted" - also happy to get the experience since this is my first time flying since the new CEO took over.
Old Oct 17, 2015, 4:06 pm

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
I think getting the non GS GF in was an exception.
Old Oct 17, 2015, 4:37 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
GFL access only if OP was flying in BusinessFirst or Global First. UC access is standard for economy.
Old Oct 17, 2015, 6:29 pm

No dice at ORD earlier today, agent told me it was stopped on Tuesday this week. Such is life, the club was dead anyways this morning.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 10:41 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, IHG Plat
1k and was congratulated in the lounge???

I've been 1k for years and years and this has never happened...
Flying C IAD-NRT- Went to the United Lounge, was congratulated and send with an invitation to the United First Lounge...

Anyone know why?
Old Oct 20, 2015, 11:33 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by jimrgraham
I've been 1k for years and years and this has never happened...
Flying C IAD-NRT- Went to the United Lounge, was congratulated and send with an invitation to the United First Lounge...

Anyone know why?
See above thread!

Only 3 of us in HKG GFL yesterday, nice & quiet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.