Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Targeted (TB4M32) Restore your past MileagePlus Premier status, earn bonus RDM [2015]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Targeted (TB4M32) Restore your past MileagePlus Premier status, earn bonus RDM [2015]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2015, 3:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: None - previously UA

Saw this on Rapid Travel Chai blog, more evidence they might have noticed some elites leaving?

An exclusive offer for select former Premier members

For a limited time, enjoy an exclusive opportunity to return to the highest MileagePlus Premier status level that you had in 2013 or 2014.

All you have to do to restore your former status level for a 90-day trial period is register below. And if you earn the required number of Premier Qualifying Miles (PQM) or Premier Qualifying Segments (PQS) during the trial period, your restored status will extend through January 31, 2017, and you'll also receive 10,000 bonus award miles.

Register today and complete your qualification to enjoy the benefits of your past Premier status. See a full list of current MileagePlus Premier benefits

This offer is valid exclusively for MileagePlus members who had Premier Silver or higher status in 2013 or 2014 and received this offer via email.

Qualification requirements for this offer

Former status level Qualification requirements
Premier Silver 7,000 PQM or 8 PQS
Premier Gold 12,500 PQM or 15 PQS
Premier Platinum 18,000 PQM or 22 PQS
Premier 1K® 25,000 PQM or 30 PQS
Terms and conditions:

Only the original recipients of the email invitation to the offer can participate in the promotion.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 3:49 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Another insult to those of us who earned our status through PQD requirements which were also increased this year. This airline continues to disappoint.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 4:04 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM
Originally Posted by demkr
Another insult to those of us who earned our status through PQD requirements which were also increased this year. This airline continues to disappoint.
Dunno, isn't this (modulo the 10k rdm) very similar to status match conditions?
Old Jul 29, 2015, 4:09 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
I get that it's somewhat annoying that UA is targeting supposedly less-valuable flyers for some of these promotions, but I don't get that it is an "insult" to those of us who regularly meet the normal requirements. They are trying to lure people back in to being regular UA flyers.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
I hope I get this offer after Jan.31, 2017 when my UA status drops to dirt.
25k PQM is one trip to Asia in K.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 4:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Offers like these tempt me to book on other airlines with whom I have status from January to June next year. My guess is UA has been seeing an exodus of elites.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 4:30 pm

Programs: UA Plat Marriott Gold Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by escapefromphl
Saw this on Rapid Travel Chai blog, more evidence they might have noticed some elites leaving?

An exclusive offer for select former Premier members

For a limited time, enjoy an exclusive opportunity to return to the highest MileagePlus Premier status level that you had in 2013 or 2014.

All you have to do to restore your former status level for a 90-day trial period is register below. And if you earn the required number of Premier Qualifying Miles (PQM) or Premier Qualifying Segments (PQS) during the trial period, your restored status will extend through January 31, 2017, and you'll also receive 10,000 bonus award miles.

Register today and complete your qualification to enjoy the benefits of your past Premier status. See a full list of current MileagePlus Premier benefits

This offer is valid exclusively for MileagePlus members who had Premier Silver or higher status in 2013 or 2014 and received this offer via email.

Premier Silver 7,000 PQM or 8 PQS
Premier Gold 12,500 PQM or 15 PQS
Premier Platinum 18,000 PQM or 22 PQS
Premier 1K® 25,000 PQM or 30 PQS
Terms and conditions:

Only the original recipients of the email invitation to the offer can participate in the promotion.
I get trying to get flyers back.. But than for those that have stayed loyal.. Don't ignore them on all promos...
Old Jul 29, 2015, 4:30 pm

Complete insult to those who earn it fairly....guess maybe I should just not go for their established criteria as no worries, UA will just give me free status the year after
Old Jul 29, 2015, 4:31 pm

Programs: 6 year GS, now 2MM Jeff-ugee, *wood LTPlt, SkyPeso PLT
I think you must have missed the terms... here is what I got....

(translated from United Speak into English)

A mass e-mailed offer for those smart enough to have bailed on UA already

"For a limited time, enjoy a mass-emailed opportunity to return to the highest MileageMinus Premier status level that you had in 2013 or 2014.

All you have to do to restore your former, and now devalued, status level, and enjoy our new lower service levels and chart bottoming service quality for a 90-day trial period is register below. And if you earn the required number of Premier Qualifying Miles (PQM) or Premier Qualifying Segments (PQS) during the trial period, your restored status will extend through January 31, 2017, and you'll also receive 10,000 bonus miles which will we hope obscure the massive devaluations we have made to our reward costs and availability

Register today and complete your qualification to enjoy the reduced benefits of your past Premier status and no longer see TOD upgrade offers. See a full list of currently reduced (see them now before we reduce them further) MileageMinus Premier benefits

This offer is valid exclusively for MileageMinus members who had Premier Silver or higher status in 2013 or 2014 and received this offer via mass mailed email.

Premier Silver 7,000 PQM or 8 PQS and at least one cancellation or MX delay of over 4 hours
Premier Gold 12,500 PQM or 15 PQS and at least two cancellations and/or MX delay of over 4 hours.
Premier Platinum 18,000 PQM or 22 PQS and at least two cancellations and/or MX delay of over 4 hours, along with once messed up reservation.
Premier 1K® 25,000 PQM or 30 PQS and at least three cancellations and/or MX delay of over 4 hours, including one that requires a forced overnight stay.

Terms and conditions:

Only the original recipients of the email invitation to the offer can participate in the demotion."
Old Jul 29, 2015, 4:31 pm

Programs: Former 1KMM now free as UA Gold MM, former HH D, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Interesting. Maybe that whole "increasing the bar" with PQDs isn't working out too well for them. Between the inferior product and once-again deteriorating reliability there may be a significant shift in some buying patterns.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 4:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by FlytheTail
My guess is UA has been seeing an exodus of elites.
And they apparently still haven't figured out that it's much easier to keep an existing customer than to bring back one you've already lost.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 5:55 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
How do I try these promos? Any link?
Old Jul 29, 2015, 5:58 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by bmr12
Interesting. Maybe that whole "increasing the bar" with PQDs isn't working out too well for them. Between the inferior product and once-again deteriorating reliability there may be a significant shift in some buying patterns.
Not sure there's any correlation to PQDs. Why would someone come back if they know they won't qualify in 2017 based on PQDs? For a year of status and then back to AA and maybe start over? I think you hit the nail on the head with your second sentence though.

Originally Posted by Kacee
And they apparently still haven't figured out that it's much easier to keep an existing customer than to bring back one you've already lost.
Yep. Paired with their strategy to not attract new customers, you have to wonder what will happen next time the economy falters.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 6:16 pm

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
Originally Posted by JBord
Not sure there's any correlation to PQDs. Why would someone come back if they know they won't qualify in 2017 based on PQDs? For a year of status and then back to AA and maybe start over? I think you hit the nail on the head with your second sentence though.
25,000 PQM is a cheap way to get 6 GPU's assuming that is part of the 1K deal!
Old Jul 29, 2015, 6:16 pm

Programs: 3.2MM AA, 1.4MM UA,StwdLftPlt
Originally Posted by Kacee
Bingo...that idea seems so apparent to me, both from personal experience in developing customer relationships and industrial commentary.

Presumably as the airline sector becomes more oligopolistic, it is easier to delude oneself into believing the customer has no choice but accept an inferior good. At least at the moment, choice still exists.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.