Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Targeted promotion (TB9M28): Bonus miles per segment and for meeting PQD goals

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Targeted promotion (TB9M28): Bonus miles per segment and for meeting PQD goals

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2015, 6:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
when you reward substandard fliers more than loyal fliers it really gets tough to justify the loyalty
But this is merely the M.O. for the airline that tuned TODs into an art form, isn't it??

Dave
Old Jul 31, 2015, 1:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K, NW forever
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Will cost $200 plus fare change and isn't W the lowest qualifying fare?
W is the lowest fare for the per-segment bonus miles. It's not completely explicit but I was assuming that the PQD goal holds regardless of booking code.

I have gotten quotes before for upfaring Y->C (cabins, not classes) that did not include the change fee. A friend also did the same.

I just tried to upfare an L itinerary leaving tomorrow and returning 8/5. The agent told me that upfaring the return to T would be $23 + $200 change fee, but upfaring the outbound to T would be $15. She claimed that this was a SDC, but that doesn't really make sense since the main constraint of SDC is the booking code remains the same. I paid the $15 and the ticket reissued with today's date.

I wish there was a way to track progress towards the promotion goal...
Old Jul 31, 2015, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by dfreeman02
I just tried to upfare an L itinerary leaving tomorrow and returning 8/5. The agent told me that upfaring the return to T would be $23 + $200 change fee, but upfaring the outbound to T would be $15. She claimed that this was a SDC, but that doesn't really make sense since the main constraint of SDC is the booking code remains the same. I paid the $15 and the ticket reissued with today's date.
No change fee within 24 hours is what makes it an SDC. Appropriate status and the same fare class are required only to be completely fee-free; you can always upfare to get on the flight you want if your bucket isn't available.

In this case, did you stay on the same flight and upfare only? If so, was there any pushback from the agent on why you would want to do this?
Old Jul 31, 2015, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by zombietooth
I am sure that UA tailors this to recruit people who might be trailing off in their UA spend.
well, i am not sure i agree. i'm not eligible, and as a UA Silver I have spent only $316 PQD this year. that, or they realize they've already lost me and they don't care -- a feeling that goes both ways
Old Jul 31, 2015, 5:09 pm

Programs: UA SP, DL SM MM, AS 75K, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond.
No soup for me.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 7:03 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, HHonors Gold, Hertz Five Star Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis First
None for me.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 7:20 pm

Programs: UA Plat (1mm), Marriott Titanium, HH Gold, Hertz Pres
Almost wished I didn't see this thread so I wouldn't check to see. No dice.

43 PQM and 9 PQD with 2 more flights in August, one TPAC in J and one domestic in B class.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 11:19 pm

Originally Posted by tromer
In this case, did you stay on the same flight and upfare only? If so, was there any pushback from the agent on why you would want to do this?
Yes and yes. I explained the promotion and she understood, though she did warn that the promotion may calculate from the original purchase date instead of the reissue date.

Also, when I registered the confirmation email said my registration date was July 22, even though the real-time confirmation on the page said July 31.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 8:22 pm

Just got an email:

"Your registered — now fly and earn thousands of miles."

Really????
Old Aug 12, 2015, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Just got an email:

"Your registered — now fly and earn thousands of miles."

Really????
That is some horrible grammar

Or was that your writing?
Old Nov 5, 2015, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Were there different promo codes for this? I received this offer, but deleted it because United was performing so poorly. I would like to reconsider, but can't find it since it is from June.
Old Nov 7, 2015, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Were there different promo codes for this? I received this offer, but deleted it because United was performing so poorly. I would like to reconsider, but can't find it since it is from June.
There's TB9M28 and TB9M29 reported in this thread.

Note that the T&C say no credit for anything booked before you register. I have had success with itineraries booked before registration and changed after registration.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 11:36 pm

Anyone get any of the larger bonuses for this promo? I've gotten the per-segment RDM bonus within a week or two of the flight each time, but I'm still waiting for the PQM bonus 6 weeks after qualifying. 2 more weeks and I'll write in...
Old Dec 1, 2015, 1:59 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; UA 1K
Also waiting for PQM bonus to post

Anyone get any of the larger bonuses for this promo? I've gotten the per-segment RDM bonus within a week or two of the flight each time, but I'm still waiting for the PQM bonus 6 weeks after qualifying. 2 more weeks and I'll write in...
Me too. I've been getting the per segment bonuses pretty much as soon as the flight itself posts. I crossed the PQD threshold for the PQM bonus the last week of October but still no PQMs. Am a bit concerned that they are not counting PQDs in lower fare classes even though the T's and C's did not make that clear. I have one flight that was at a lower fare class and without it I am $100 or so short of the PQD threshold. Without the promotion bonus I will end the year at somewhere between 96 and 100k PQMs so I need to know pretty soon whether I'm getting those PQMs.
Old Dec 20, 2015, 4:09 pm

Programs: AF
Did you ever end up getting actual bonus posted? I've also gotten just the segment ones and not the PQD target one yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.