Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Nonrefundable International Ticket

United Nonrefundable International Ticket

Old Jul 26, 2015, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by CDKing
Its an awesome revenue stream. I dont know why more airlines dont charge new money.
Unless you don't fly UA within a year of the original purchase it's a wash for both you and the airline.
Old Jul 26, 2015, 12:31 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Originally Posted by Bonehead
Unless you don't fly UA within a year of the original purchase it's a wash for both you and the airline.
False.

Buy ticket for $500 with a $300 change fee. Cancel. Fly later on another $400 ticket. No more flights that year.

With the "UA new cash rule" you pay $300.

Without this rule, you pay $200.
Old Jul 26, 2015, 11:20 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by exwannabe
False.

Buy ticket for $500 with a $300 change fee. Cancel. Fly later on another $400 ticket. No more flights that year.

With the "UA new cash rule" you pay $300.

Without this rule, you pay $200.
For completeness, there is a $100 voucher in the UA case that is good for one year from the date of rebooking.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
For completeness, there is a $100 voucher in the UA case that is good for one year from the date of rebooking.
For those of us who fly multiple times a year on UA its all the same in the end. If one doesnt the UA system is not as nice. I prefer the UA method over AA where they mail a physical voucher requireng a phone call and a trip to the post office or to the airport

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.