Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Delete reservation from "manage reservation" screen?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2015, 12:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: United Gold (frmer. 1k and GS), AAdvantage Platinum, Alaska MVP Gold, HHonors Gold

Hello All,

I recently booked a revenue ticket to surprise one of my parents (who's in SoCal right now). However, when prompted to sign in, my browser autofilled some login information, and I didn't take time to realize it was my father's account instead of mine (he's award illiterate, so to speak, so I help book his travel) and now the ticket is appearing on his "manage reservations" screen, and I need to delete it so he doesn't know I'm coming to see him. Has anyone else been in the same boat, and what did you do about it?
Old Jul 23, 2015, 12:48 am

Could rename the trip so it is not quite so obvious...

Since you have his login info anyway change his pin (temporarily) so he can't log on?

If he has another flight booked you could combine the trips so it "hides" the one you don't want him to see - not quite sure if that would work but might be an option.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 1:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: United Gold (frmer. 1k and GS), AAdvantage Platinum, Alaska MVP Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by DrewGzy
Could rename the trip so it is not quite so obvious...

Since you have his login info anyway change his pin (temporarily) so he can't log on?

If he has another flight booked you could combine the trips so it "hides" the one you don't want him to see - not quite sure if that would work but might be an option.
Ok, thanks for the ideas. Going to call UA in the AM to see if I could get his MP # out of the record. Changing PIN is out of the question as he's got an int'l trip in a week and is probably lurking on the site for better seats. Hope he doesn't notice before the morning!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.