Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Dahl Fund: Night At the Museum Gala - Sept 11, 2015 - Denver

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dahl Fund: Night At the Museum Gala - Sept 11, 2015 - Denver

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2015, 2:39 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Arrow Dahl Fund: Night At the Museum Gala - Sept 11, 2015 - Denver

The Captain Jason Dahl Scholarship Fund Presents a Night at the Museum Awards Dinner/ Retirement Gala on September 11, 2015, from 6 to 10 pm at the Wings over the Rockies Air and Space Museum, Denver, Colorado.

Details on the evening's festivities are available in this thread in FlyerTalk Cares.

The night at the museum includes:
  • Open cockpit time from 5-7 pm – Early arrivals have a photo op while seated in an F-111 or A-7!
  • Silent Auction from 6-10 pm
  • Cash bar beginning at 6 pm
  • Dinner from 7 to 8 pm
  • Speaker hour from 8 to 9 pm
  • Band and dancing from 9 till?

The evening’s Master of Ceremonies will be United's Captain Denny Flanagan.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 5:30 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Gold
Is there a list of FlyerTalkers who are going to this? If not, would it be appropriate to post one?
Old Aug 11, 2015, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Alas...I connect through Denver that morning. Would have loved to attend! Maybe i can leave some pork roll or bagels at the lounge. ☺
Old Aug 11, 2015, 8:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Who is retiring?
Old Aug 12, 2015, 2:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Nanook
Is there a list of FlyerTalkers who are going to this? If not, would it be appropriate to post one?
Anyone who purchased a ticket and would like to start a wiki disclosing that, is free to do so. ^
Old Aug 15, 2015, 8:32 pm

Programs: UA PLAT. DL PLAT, AOPA, MUG CLUB AT ROCK BOTTOM
Hawkxp+1 Got tickets a couple of weeks ago. Sounds like a great cause. Kind of wondering about dress.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 1:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Who is retiring?
Per Capt. Denny, "What we are doing is trying to make it an annual event for retired pilots to attend. If this catches on then I will get to see old friends in years to come."

Originally Posted by hawkxp
Hawkxp+1 Got tickets a couple of weeks ago. Sounds like a great cause. Kind of wondering about dress.
Per Capt. Denny, "Attire is business casual."

Meet the Captain of Captain Denny's ship. Mrs. Flanagan will be attending the event.

Last edited by Pat89339; Aug 18, 2015 at 4:08 pm
Old Aug 21, 2015, 10:51 pm

Programs: UA PLAT. DL PLAT, AOPA, MUG CLUB AT ROCK BOTTOM
hey Pat, Capt Dennys response makes me wonder if a "poor" 135 pilot like me is wanted? Might be in over my head. If no other FT'ers going, may give tickets away to an Ua friend.
Old Aug 22, 2015, 2:46 am
Original Poster

hey Pat, Capt Dennys response makes me wonder if a "poor" 135 pilot like me is wanted? Might be in over my head. If no other FT'ers going, may give tickets away to an Ua friend.
My apologies, but I don't understand your concern. Feel free to PM me directly. I don't know if Capt Denny can tell me how many FTers are attending. There wasn't any place to indicate that when tickets were purchased, as I recall. I have tickets, but I am also trying to sort out a conflict that has recently cropped up.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 8:21 pm

I'm also concerned that this may be more of an "shop" event rather than a "public, enthusiast" event. I'm used to feeling out of place but my wife is coming with me.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 3:53 pm

Thank you for your support. The dress will be business casual.

Capt. Denny
Old Aug 30, 2015, 3:59 pm

hawkxp.... Please come. Sept 11th affected all of us and we will never forget where we were that tragic day. This is an event of remembrance and to congratulate the students who have received the scholarships. They especially would love to talk to a 135 pilot. Also the ambiance of the museum will make the event even more special.

Please call with any questions.

Capt. Denny
330-472-3146
Old Aug 30, 2015, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by AFAM-DFW
I'm also concerned that this may be more of an "shop" event rather than a "public, enthusiast" event. I'm used to feeling out of place but my wife is coming with me.
AFAM_DFW You and your wife are very welcome to attend this event. Everyone was affected by that tragic day and we would greatly appreciate your presence. I support all to the pilot charities but have been specifically working with The Capt. Jason Dahl Scholarship. Flyer Talkers like yourself have been instrumental in our success and hold a special place in my heart.

If you have any questions please call

Capt. Denny
330-472-3146
Old Sep 11, 2015, 4:07 pm

Location: The counter of lost hopes and dreams, and for the creation of new ones in DEN
Programs: MP Rehab... or something like that...
Just finishing shift at DEN and been working way too much that time slipped by, but does anyone know if there are tickets still being sold or available for tonight's event? Would love to attend tonight.

Cle2Den

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.