Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Purchase one way now since Saver is available??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Purchase one way now since Saver is available??

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2015, 10:24 am
Original Poster

The issue with leaving on the 16th would create an issue with available vacation time at work. We'd lose a weekend tacked on at the end of our trip by having to be back at work a day earlier otherwise a great suggestion! THank you for taking the time to look it up!
Old Jul 24, 2015, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by BrittNeal
The issue with leaving on the 16th would create an issue with available vacation time at work. We'd lose a weekend tacked on at the end of our trip by having to be back at work a day earlier otherwise a great suggestion! THank you for taking the time to look it up!
Work always gets in the way of my trips as well. If there was some cheap way to get to IAH on the 17th before that early (about 3:30 IIRC) IAH-LHR flight...

There is availability out of LAX Friday morning the 17th @:-)

Oops...maybe not for non-elites. Sorry.

OK...how about this? There is Saver availability Friday morning BFL>>SFO and then on EI (Aer Lingus) at 5:20 PM via DUB.

Last edited by Bonehead; Jul 24, 2015 at 11:19 am
Old Jul 24, 2015, 12:52 pm
Original Poster

@Bonehead yup that is exactly the one we are looking at and then a quick flight on British Airways over to London....

Or to Edinburgh. I wouldn't mind seeing the Scottish Highlands

And the 18th opened up direct again from BFL to LHR so one less night in London but that would save us some money. Lodging is crazy expensive there!
Old Jul 24, 2015, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by BrittNeal
@Bonehead yup that is exactly the one we are looking at and then a quick flight on British Airways over to London....

Or to Edinburgh. I wouldn't mind seeing the Scottish Highlands

And the 18th opened up direct again from BFL to LHR so one less night in London but that would save us some money. Lodging is crazy expensive there!
Book the 18th! Perfection can rarely be achieved on an award booking.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 2:17 pm
Original Poster

Done! London here we come!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.