NRT-HNL goes to 787-9 Effective July 2, 2015

Subscribe
Didn't see this anywhere else but if I missed it, please remove.

This is the first time in at least 20 years that UA has not flown a 3-Class aircraft HNL-NRT. It looks to be a temporary schedule change because on 8-19-15, this route reverts to a 777.
All the truly premium Japanese O&D already depart out of HND, so any NRT-HNL flight is just picking up the scraps
And, on October 24, the aircraft is a 747-400.
I'm on the 789 HNL-NRT-HNL in early July. My first time on a Dreamliner and the GPUs cleared. Woohoo
I'm on the 747 in route NRT - HNL right now. Hope it isn't done for a while
Quote: Didn't see this anywhere else but if I missed it, please remove.
Believe it was mentioned in the fairly quiet UA fleet update thread.

No need to remove, I'm sure there are many who don't follow that thread
per @airlineroute on twitter, the positioning flight for the 789 will be UA10 LAX-HNL on 1 july:

https://twitter.com/airlineroute/sta...65226821345280
Quote: per @airlineroute on twitter, the positioning flight for the 789 will be UA10 LAX-HNL on 1 july:

https://twitter.com/airlineroute/sta...65226821345280
Oh god, they're going to try to do this with 1 aircraft? Cue operational performance disaster.

Surely they're going to rotate it with other aircraft at NRT... surely...
Quote: Oh god, they're going to try to do this with 1 aircraft? Cue operational performance disaster.

Oh come on - it's the Dreamliner and UA in one awesome customer focused package - what can go wrong?
Quote: Oh god, they're going to try to do this with 1 aircraft? Cue operational performance disaster.

LAXNRT has been a 789 lately.
Quote: All the truly premium Japanese O&D already depart out of HND, so any NRT-HNL flight is just picking up the scraps
There is no such thing of "truly premium Japanese O&D no matter NRT or HND when we are talking about going to HNL, as even JL and NH are and were using subpar equipment for years. (ever remember JO as in JALWAYS ? It was created for the purposes for all Hawaii routes from Japan, using 747 fitted with high density Y config !)
Lots of deadheading pilots to/from HNL as well occupying F class seats too.
upgraded on Dreamliner July 1 to HNL
Jumped at the chance to fly the Dreamliner home when the opportunity came up. Gambled that I might get an automatic upgrade and it paid off!! ^^ Someone mentioned it was a "positioning" flight. Is it confirmed this will be the aircraft for the HNL-NRT route? Oh, and by the way... we had to wait for clearance as this was the first time a 787 had landed in HNL and they weren't sure the jetway would fit in order to deplane. Thank goodness nobody thought to check ahead. LOL.
What a tease thread title!
Quote: Oh, and by the way... we had to wait for clearance as this was the first time a 787 had landed in HNL and they weren't sure the jetway would fit in order to deplane. Thank goodness nobody thought to check ahead. LOL.
JL has flown a 787-800 NRT-HNL ( http://fabflyer.net/japan-airlines-b...s-trip-report/ ).

This may be the first 787-900 HNL has seen, not sure how you would check that.