Wiki Posts
Search

UA miles on LH code share flights

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2015, 9:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: M&M, BAEC, SPG
UA miles on LH code share flights

Dear all, I have a question, if I take a LH flight operated by OS (both Star Alliance) will I get UA miles? And what if the flight is operated by Luxair?
Old May 20, 2015, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
If you book on an 016 ticket, you will get PQMs, RDMS, and PQDS in accordance with the UA policy and the fare class as determined by the carrier (not necessarily the fare class booked on UA). Some fare classes will earn 0% PQMs/PQDS. But will always earn RDMs.

You will not earn PQM or PQDs on LuxAir.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...ow-luxair.html

Last edited by aacharya; May 20, 2015 at 10:50 am
Old May 20, 2015, 10:20 am

Programs: UA Silver
I was under the impression as long as you booked with united you would get the PQM and PQD. I have booked a trip to Europe this summer though United and my flight there is UA but my flight home is Lufthansa (both tickets start 016). In the email summary I got it said I would receive PQM, PQS or PQD for the UA flight but not from the lufthansa flight. I called and they told me it was because the fare class is too low for the Lufthansa flight.

I'm hoping there is still some way to secure the credit for the flight. I wasn't 100% sure on how to get a higher fare bucket with lufthansa (I'm pretty new to this game), but googling around at flights and for example looking at a one way one that same flight it seemed like it'd be cheaper to do a mileage run later in the year to secure silver then to cough up the difference for that flight. I still have some hope after the flight I can try entering the ticket on the website or making some phone calls to get the credit, as it as a trans-Atlantic flight booked through UA.
Old May 20, 2015, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
As long as it is on a 016 ticket (United booking), you will earn RDMs. PQDs and PQMs are still based on the operating carrier and fare class, as I just noted above, and as noted in the March 1st changes to RDM earnings.
Old May 20, 2015, 11:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by aacharya
As long as it is on a 016 ticket (United booking), you will earn RDMs. PQDs and PQMs are still based on the operating carrier and fare class, as I just noted above, and as noted in the March 1st changes to RDM earnings.
Slight correction, if it's not an earning fare class (i.e., K), you will not earn anything.

The hidden fine print excluding RDM accrual for nonearning fare classes:
Certain fare classes are ineligible for accrual.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.