Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United to Hawaii in First Class - What to Expect? (Archive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United to Hawaii in First Class - What to Expect? (Archive)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2017, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
...United also seems insistent on boarding Y cabin (of a high-density 777) through the F cabin's narrow aisles -- not a relaxing start!
Generally, if they route coach passengers through F, it's those seated on starboard side to make boarding faster. The port-side passengers still board thru 2L.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 7:37 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
Generally, if they route coach passengers through F, it's those seated on starboard side to make boarding faster. The port-side passengers still board thru 2L.
Unfortunately, at ORD, only door 1 was used to board all Y passengers through the F cabin.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 2:08 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mander
Flew this a week ago and they did set up a snack cart.
Hopefully we get lucky and get the snack cart. Flying this on Tuesday.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by sugashane3
Hi all..flying on UA145 in a few weeks in First on a 767 400er from IAD to HNL. I have not seen a recent trip report and was curious what to expect in terms of number of meals, snacks, beverage service, and ammentities in general with the lie flat seats. Appreciate any input from someone who has flown this recently. Thanks!
Following up on this....flew IAD to HNL yesterday. I was very surprised and impressed with the service on the flight. First meal after takeoff (breakfast), second meal (lunch) served around 1PM IAD time. After lunch there was a cart set up in the galley with snacks, water, and a couple different bottles of wine to serve yourself. Flight attendants did a great job keeping drinks full all 10+ hours and never had to ask for a refill if I was awake. Saks bedding and pillow provided but no amenity kit. Overall, I thought the service was very good compared to most domestic F flights.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Looks to me like UA is getting fairly consistent on putting Polaris duvet and pillow on Hawaii lie-flats. The 752s I was on last week (OGG-SFO) and this week (SFO-OGG) both had 'em. My 777 SFO-IAD 7:30am departure last week had no pillows or blankets. Seriously?
Old Sep 17, 2017, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

United to Hawaii in First Class - What to Expect?

I expect to take a swim. Saturday night schedule update
Attached Images  
Old Sep 17, 2017, 4:12 pm

Programs: Does Non Rev count?
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
United to Hawaii in First Class - What to Expect?

I expect to take a swim. Saturday night schedule update
No worries, thats the seaplane variant of the ERJ. We use them to save money on fuel.
nnn likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 7:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by 757FO
No worries, thats the seaplane variant of the ERJ. We use them to save money on fuel.
They hand paddles to the BE pax at boarding.
Lori_Q and nnn like this.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm expecting to play the "Half-way to half-way to Hawaii" guessing game with the winner getting a duckie float.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 11:55 am

Hello all:

For those that have flown HNL-IAD (or any other major east coast hub), is F class typically pretty full on those flights?

Also, I know the F standard award is 90k - does United ever release saver award on F from HNL? I'm guessing that's 60k?
Old Sep 25, 2017, 12:09 pm

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Hipplewm
Flew this with whole family in July

IAD-HNL - meal after takeoff - breakfast - typical domestic meal. Lunch was served at lunch, not before arrival
No snack cart of any kind set up, although my kids were starving and FA brought them what turned out to be roughly 8 bags of chips, several sodas and some water.

HNL-IAD - meal after takeoff - dinner - typical domestic meal. Breakfast served 1hr before arrival
Snack tray was setup in mid galley, water bottles and some fruit, no chips or sandwiches

Wife and kids first time in lie flat. All 3 were amazed I could sleep and snore 5 min after tray was cleared LOL

FWIW - RPU (1K) cleared for me and my wife in both directions and kids were on XN fare (Upgraded to IN) on the way over, they were on JN fare (full award fare) on way back. A 1K couple was actually OP-Upped on our Saturday return flight as coach was oversold by 2
Originally Posted by gumercindo
Hello all:

For those that have flown HNL-IAD (or any other major east coast hub), is F class typically pretty full on those flights?

Also, I know the F standard award is 90k - does United ever release saver award on F from HNL? I'm guessing that's 60k?

As you can see from my post a little bit ago, my kids were on saver fares (Economy) and then were even upgraded to FC using I class (Saver first) from IAD-HNL.

They were upgraded to FC several months before the flight and this was in the middle of summer.

Saver award fare is 40K iirc

As far as booked -
IAD-HNL FC was like 11 empty seats until boarding - 2 upgrades and I think a total of 9 non revs were there. Our FA had her husband and 3 kids in FC with her, plane was full, TONS of non revs cleared in econ as well
HNL-IAD all of our upgrades cleared and 2 1K's got op-ups as econ was oversold by 2 and plane was full.

Last edited by Hipplewm; Sep 25, 2017 at 3:14 pm
Old Sep 25, 2017, 3:03 pm

Programs: Former 1k, Lifetime UA Gold, Starwood Gold; Avis Preferred; Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by gumercindo
Hello all:

This is a seasonal flight. They are typically packed from my experience.

I'm flying DCA-IAH and IAH-HNL tomorrow. The IAH-HNL flight is booked in first but the rest of the plane looks virtually empty based on the seatmap.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 7:50 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium Elite
ORD to OGG in March

All - Flying from ORD to Maui in March on the 777-200. Any chance that plane will get Polaris by then?
Old Sep 26, 2017, 8:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by nestep1971
All - Flying from ORD to Maui in March on the 777-200. Any chance that plane will get Polaris by then?
That aircraft (772A) is not getting Polaris seats.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 8:53 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Kacee
That aircraft (772A) is not getting Polaris seats.
I was afraid on that. Are they going to do a soft Polaris upgrade on them? Blankets, etc?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.