Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Incorrect / Ineligible projected earning information showing on my itinerary

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2015, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Posted 14 March 2015
Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your comments regarding our display of MileagePlus earning information.

We are aware that there are some rare instances, where international surcharge is being excluding from the display of award miles and PQD when viewing your upcoming reservation on United.com. We expect to have the earnings display corrected shortly. Please rest assured that the final earnings reflected in your Account summary once you have flown will include the surcharge.

-UA Insider
NOTE: The overwhelming consensus is that preflight PQD/PQM/RDM information on an itinerary is frequently wrong for inexplicable reasons, but it being wrong on the itinerary has no bearing on whether correct PQD/PQM/RDM will post to your MP account after flying a segment. So don't worry if things look wrong pre-flight; it is only necessary to contact MP if post-flight posting is incorrect.

Archive thread: Incorrect/Ineligible projected earning information showing on my itinerary {Archive}
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2023, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fed planner
My next trip shows 0 miles earned online. The emailed receipt shows the correct mileage and the twitter team confirmed. We shall see. I have t had this happen before.
There is something strange happening with the display. One of my trips had shown correctly, then one day changed to 2 PQP, then a few days later (first time I looked again), it was back to the correct number. Another one of my trips showed correctly, I changed my seat, it then showed 0, but after going to home page and then opening reservation again it was correct again.

Not worth spending time worrying about the display before travel. Checking it after is all that matters.
jsloan and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Mar 25, 2023, 6:43 pm

Earning PQD on Ticket booked via Chase

I just booked a ticket through the Chase travel portal, UPP R class, and when I looked on UA.com, it says I won't earn any miles for the trip (neither reward nor PQD). I didn't use points to buy the ticket. Paid the entire fare. Is this new?
Old Mar 25, 2023, 6:51 pm

Programs: UA1K
It usually takes a day or two for the website to correct when you book through a third party
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2023, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by jgw787
I just booked a ticket through the Chase travel portal, UPP R class, and when I looked on UA.com, it says I won't earn any miles for the trip (neither reward nor PQD). I didn't use points to buy the ticket. Paid the entire fare. Is this new?
Whether you used points or cash via Chase UR, you will earn after having flown the flight.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2023, 7:18 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
As Repooc17 explained, you shall receive both Premier qualifying flights and Premier qualifying points after you have completed your flights. As if you purchased directly from UA. Ours were posted a few hours after last segment was flown.

If for any reason, you need to cancel, you will receive future flight credit with Chase Sapphire Reserve's travel department. This FFC is not as flexible as UA.
1. It can only be used once for the same passenger
2. Change cannot be done online, you have to talk to an agent with future travel credit department
3. FFC is only good for one year from original ticket issuance date
4. If original ticket was for a domestic flight, new ticket has to be for a domestic flight also.
5. Residual value, if any, is forfeited.

If you are likely to change your flight, book directly with UA and save yourself hours on the phone with Chase's travel department.

Last edited by 1KChinito; Mar 25, 2023 at 7:32 pm Reason: Add more details
Old Mar 26, 2023, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
is it new to display that you won’t earn any miles? No. Is it limited to booking through Chase Travel, or another third party? Also no. Have had this showing several times over the years on all UA itins booked directly through United’s own website. The display took is better than it used to be, but has never been perfect. Sometimes it goes in and out of ‘this flight is not eligible for earning’ or some similar message.

I suppose it’s possible Chase Travel could have booked via a bulk fare, where earning is a bit different, but I’ve booked through them a few times and haven’t had that happen. Always been a regular published fare and always earned the mileage I was expecting.
Old Mar 26, 2023, 8:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
There's no point worrying about an incorrect earnings display until after the flight has actually posted.

jsloan and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Mar 27, 2023, 9:03 am

Programs: UA, AA Plat Pro, DL, Marriott Platinum
UA earnings for Lufthansa flights booked on united.com

First flight is in business class, second flight premium economy. Is there a reason the first flight gets earnings and the second flight does not? They are both Lufthansa flights but all booking is being done through the united.com website.
Old Mar 27, 2023, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by plinth857
Is there a reason the first flight gets earnings and the second flight does not? They are both Lufthansa flights but all booking is being done through the united.com website.
Both flights will earn. UA's pre-flight calculations for partner flights are notoriously inaccurate.

SPN Lifer and plinth857 like this.
Old Mar 27, 2023, 9:54 am

Programs: UA, AA Plat Pro, DL, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by jsloan
Both flights will earn. UA's pre-flight calculations for partner flights are notoriously inaccurate.

Thank you very much for this!
jsloan likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2023, 12:56 pm

Programs: DL, UA
"0 Miles Earned this Trip" - UA/LX J and F cash ticket

Have an upcoming booking on J and Swiss F, paid in cash and booked through UA. On the booking page, its showing as 0 miles earned. I have had to make a change to the itinerary, resulting in re-ticketing, but that seems to all be settled. Any idea why it is showing miles earned at 0?
Old Apr 5, 2023, 12:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Probably a glitch. Email yourself a receipt and see what it says.
Old Apr 5, 2023, 1:19 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by nw6338
Have an upcoming booking on J and Swiss F, paid in cash and booked through UA. On the booking page, its showing as 0 miles earned. I have had to make a change to the itinerary, resulting in re-ticketing, but that seems to all be settled. Any idea why it is showing miles earned at 0?
Changes and/or partner flights can do this. Just a display error and will not negatively impact the correct posting.

It may self-correct itself with time and the email nudge may correct. But in general, not an indication of a real problem
Old Apr 5, 2023, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by nw6338
Had a similar issue in March with a re-ticketed LX flight on a UA ticket. After re-issue one of the LX segments said 0 PQP and 0 PQF. it still posted correctly at the end of the day. Ignore what United.com and the emailed receipt say about individual flights and ensure that you take the "Airfare" plus the "International Surcharge" as your total PQP to expect, within a few bucks. Once all flights posted you'll find it's likely accurate. But this is still all computer driven based on human input so mistakes can happen. United is quick to resolve them in the flyer's favor as long as there's documentaiton.

-RM
Old Apr 8, 2023, 5:08 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Am trying to book some SFO-YVR tickets on United.com. The website keeps telling me that the Air Canada Express - Jazz flights do not earn any miles/PQP/PQF even though they are UA codeshare with UA flight numbers. Mainline AC flights show as having miles/PQP/PQF. Do I have to fly AC mainline or UA to get any MP miles?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.