Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Incorrect/Ineligible projected earning information showing on my itinerary {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 15, 2024, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Posted 14 March 2015
Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your comments regarding our display of MileagePlus earning information.

We are aware that there are some rare instances, where international surcharge is being excluding from the display of award miles and PQD when viewing your upcoming reservation on United.com. We expect to have the earnings display corrected shortly. Please rest assured that the final earnings reflected in your Account summary once you have flown will include the surcharge.

-UA Insider
NOTE: The overwhelming consensus is that preflight PQD/PQM/RDM information on an itinerary is frequently wrong for inexplicable reasons, but it being wrong on the itinerary has no bearing on whether correct PQD/PQM/RDM will post to your MP account after flying a segment. So don't worry if things look wrong pre-flight; it is only necessary to contact MP if post-flight posting is incorrect.

Archive thread: Incorrect/Ineligible projected earning information showing on my itinerary {Archive}
Print Wikipost

Incorrect/Ineligible projected earning information showing on my itinerary {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2017, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by wco81
Well I canceled it.

Because when you search manually on UA.com, that return routing clearly shows 9500 PQMs. Since they display it before you book it, I would imagine it would be too much of a hassle to deal with later.

They have their nonstop, the NZ segments and a bunch of QF and Jetstar flights to route MEL to SYD and then the UA nonstop from there. But they don't display the PQMs for those either.
All UA and NZ operated flights in business class earn 200-300& PQM. When you book codeshares the system shows it incorrectly. It will credit with with 200% without any manual intervention.
Old May 19, 2017, 6:21 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
... Since they display it before you book it, I would imagine it would be too much of a hassle to deal with later. ...
The post flight postings tend to be quite accurate -- only an occasional problem is reported on FT.

They have their nonstop, the NZ segments and a bunch of QF and Jetstar flights to route MEL to SYD and then the UA nonstop from there. But they don't display the PQMs for those either.
Non*A carriers do not earn PQMs even on an UA ticket
Old May 19, 2017, 6:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Originally Posted by cfischer
All UA and NZ operated flights in business class earn 200-300& PQM. When you book codeshares the system shows it incorrectly. It will credit with with 200% without any manual intervention.
Are you sure about this?

Because I don't want to have to contact Mileage Plus next February or March, after the flight and get them to credit it correctly.

I understand that's suppose to be the policy but when they display that NZ/UA codeshare getting only 100%, before you book, they might claim that I knowing accepted what they were offering at the time I reserved and purchased the fare.
Old May 19, 2017, 6:27 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Are you sure about this?

Because I don't want to have to contact Mileage Plus next February or March, after the flight and get them to credit it correctly.

I understand that's suppose to be the policy but when they display that NZ/UA codeshare getting only 100%, before you book, they might claim that I knowing accepted what they were offering at the time I reserved and purchased the fare.
Posting of miles is fine, it is the display during booking or in your reservation that is messed up. That is the message of this thread.
Old May 19, 2017, 6:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Are you sure about this?

what they display is frequently wrong. P on UA does NOT map to P on NZ. P on UA maps to J on NZ. On AC, NH, NZ, LH, LX, OS, SN you get at least 200% PQM on all business class fares. I fly these very regularly and not in a single instance have I not automatically gotten 200% or more.
You do not accept any earnings when you book a ticket. Actually they can change it between your booking and you flight if they choose to do so.
Old May 19, 2017, 6:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Posting of miles is fine, it is the display during booking or in your reservation that is messed up. That is the message of this thread.
Originally Posted by cfischer
200%-300% PQM for biz on NZ! The UA codeshare is showing incorrectly, that will also earn 200%

OK so you guys are saying it will likely post the correct miles once I've taken the flights.

Is there some page I can reference if it doesn't post correctly and I have to contend with MP?

I just went through a dispute with them about ORC which took a few weeks to sort out.
Old May 19, 2017, 6:43 pm

OK so you guys are saying it will likely post the correct miles once I've taken the flights. ...
yes

Is there some page I can reference if it doesn't post correctly and I have to contend with MP?
The previous referenced NZ earning page --- but it probably will not be needed. In the end NZ tells UA what to post.

I just went through a dispute with them about ORC which took a few weeks to sort out.
Those can be simple or complicated -- depending on the circumstances.
Old May 19, 2017, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

OK so you guys are saying it will likely post the correct miles once I've taken the flights.

You are a tough customer

here you go from Expert Flyer:

IF VIA UA P- FARES 01JUL16-31DEC30
VIA NZ J REQUIRED BETWEEN AKL-LAX
Old May 19, 2017, 8:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Purchased S fare (not BE), receipt shows ineligible for PQM/PQD

I purchased a domestic flight for late August travel today, booked as an S fare. It was clearly not a basic economy fare, however the receipt says "mileage accrual: ineligible for mileage accrual or Premier qualifying credit"

I was able to select seats as normal, and I have the "eligible for complimentary upgrade" arrow.

Called the 1K desk and the agent went on hold for 15 min and said it is probably just a display glitch due to the new website roll outs and is confident that I will get my PQD and PQM credit as normal. I'm much less confident about that...

Has this happened to anybody before? Anything I can do other than hope for the best or try to claw for my RDM, PQD and PQM after I fly it if it doesn't post?
Old May 19, 2017, 8:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G, AA Plat
Probably a website error. I wouldn't worry about it. I bought a Q and a V from LAX-IAD / IAD - LAX two weeks ago and it said the same thing that you had.

1K desk told me to just keep the boarding passes 'just in case'. Flights credited as appropriate. No issues.
Old May 19, 2017, 9:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by laxmillenial
Probably a website error. I wouldn't worry about it. I bought a Q and a V from LAX-IAD / IAD - LAX two weeks ago and it said the same thing that you had.

1K desk told me to just keep the boarding passes 'just in case'. Flights credited as appropriate. No issues.
Ah thanks. Glad to hear I'm not alone to have seen this and that it worked out automatically. Gotta love UA and their IT glitches. Will keep a few screenshots and BPs in case though.
Old May 19, 2017, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Slurve30
I purchased a domestic flight for late August travel today, booked as an S fare. It was clearly not a basic economy fare, however the receipt says "mileage accrual: ineligible for mileage accrual or Premier qualifying credit"
On UA-operated flights, all paid fare classes except N earn UA PQMs (BE books into N). As long as your receipt says S, you're eligible for credit, and you should get it automatically.

There's a thread on it here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...itinerary.html

Last edited by jsloan; May 19, 2017 at 9:52 pm Reason: grammar
Old May 19, 2017, 9:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Slurve30

I was able to select seats as normal, and I have the "eligible for complimentary upgrade" arrow.

Called the 1K desk and the agent went on hold for 15 min and said it is probably just a display glitch due to the new website roll outs and is confident that I will get my PQD and PQM credit as normal. I'm much less confident about that...

Has this happened to anybody before? Anything I can do other than hope for the best or try to claw for my RDM, PQD and PQM after I fly it if it doesn't post?
yes - not infrequently, though usually just affects the website display, though I've had it on a receipt before. Save for IRROPS, this will almost surely Post as it should.

As to he he suscipision it is a BE-related, it doesn't even make sense that if would be correct, as BE still earns RDM. I'd bet there's also a good chance that if you go online after the weekend, and request an email copy of the receipt, it will show up normal again.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 6:52 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy occasionally Bonvoyed Mostly
Question Question about PQD on AC ticket booked thru UA

Hi,
I am seeing a weird situation while booking a business class(P) ticket on UA's website. This is for a round trip from IAD to BOM and my forward journey is on UA metal (IAD-EWR-BOM) and i can see the corresponding PDQ/PQM being shown (15,932 PQM | 3 PQS | $1,288 PQD) but on the return leg is on AC thru
Toronto (BOM-YYZ-IAD) and for the details only show PQM/PQD earnings for the YYZ-IAD leg (692 PQM | 1.5 PQS | $55 PQD). I'm getting ZERO PQM/PQD on the BOM-YYZ leg which seems insane. Does UA not allow earning PQD/PQM on Air Canada metal even if the ticket is booked as UA ?

Has anyone observed this or is this a mistake that i'm encountering ?

thanks in advance
Old Jun 4, 2017, 6:57 pm

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
If your ticket number starts with "016" then you will earn PQD, PQM and award miles IAW:

https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/mar...spx?ItemId=313

The calculations as shown rarely work with AC IME

EDIT: The Obligatory keep all boarding passes, might want to get a set printed.

Last edited by Hipplewm; Jun 4, 2017 at 7:17 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.