Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...{archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2015, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DELee
Pre-discussions

New United Club menus to be "announced" 4 March 2015

United Clubs to be renovated

Confirmed Clubs with New Food Offerings:

All domestic clubs now confirmed with some version of the New Food Offerings. Full spread at all domestic hubs, with cut-down or hybrid versions at most outstation clubs.

International Clubs with different catering: GUM, HKG, MEX, LHR, NRT

Updates:

October 11, 2017: A new flavor coming to United Clubs
Print Wikipost

UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...{archive}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2017, 4:33 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
Upgraded food at DCA

The DCA club now has ham and salami and some delicious mini cheesecake tarts (maybe from the same vendor doing the Polaris desserts?), and the tomato-basil soup this afternoon was delicious.
Attached Images  
Old Apr 19, 2017, 5:03 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lifetime United Gold and 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Marriott and SPG Platinum , AA, Hilton
The presentation is completely appetizing - NOT. Once you've been to the international clubs you find that the US clubs are behind the curve
Old Apr 20, 2017, 12:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by TheMan
The presentation is completely appetizing - NOT. Once you've been to the international clubs you find that the US clubs are behind the curve
My thoughts entirely.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 9:38 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by TheMan
I've been to international clubs but I don't live in those countries, I live here. I'm happy things are better than they used to be and that there's edible food. I'm not going to get too worked up over presentation.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 10:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CMK10
I've been to international clubs but I don't live in those countries, I live here. I'm happy things are better than they used to be and that there's edible food. I'm not going to get too worked up over presentation.
+ 1 !!!
Old Apr 22, 2017, 4:24 pm

I remember reading what Lufthansa valued an entrance to the Senator's Lounge at and it was way more than UNITED or any airline charges for a one day pass.

iirc Lufthansa charged the guy something like $77 for each of his visits.

With that said I do not expect to have the level of catering that the Senator Lounge has as they are not charging the commensurate rate.

Having said that if UNITED or any of the domestic airline raises their rates to those level well my opinion will change.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
BOS. 4/21 afternoon.

Dead carrots. Crackers ran out and weren't replaced. One tray of cold cuts way over by the bar. Gone in minutes and not replenished. Sad.

ORD B6 9:00ish am. 4/19. Scraps of an egg veggie dish STONE cold and unappetizing. Sausage was good.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 2:34 pm

Programs: All the programs!
$59 one-time pass isn't high enough for you?
Old Apr 23, 2017, 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by oopl
$59 one-time pass isn't high enough for you?
Sure that is high, no doubt about it, but honestly, I still see that as less than probably what an International Lounge would charge if they had day passes.

The USA Airline lounges have never been known for their catering as far back as I can remember, that is not to say that it cannot be better, but incremental steps are better than no steps at all.

To be clear, I would love to see the UNITED Club or the Delta Sky Lounge (imho a bit of a step up from UNITED already at least in the catering arena) improve even further to say the likes of a Lufthansa Senator Lounge, but that is not in the cards in the foreseeable future.

Lastly, I recently was in the Air France Lounge at IAD and while nice and an improvement over its former occupant the NWA World Club, there is not exactly a ton of catering and it is an International airline running an international club.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 12:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There is not a force on this planet that would make me pay $59 for access to any domestic United Club. LHR is fantastic, but then I would not pay $59 for that on a regular basis.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 12:50 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Ua Gold, GE.. Sucker for punishment
Originally Posted by Silver Fox
There is not a force on this planet that would make me pay $59 for access to any domestic United Club. LHR is fantastic, but then I would not pay $59 for that on a regular basis.
LHR is basically the reason I have the UC Visa card. And I WOULD pay $59 to access for one reason: Showers. A shower after a TATL is humanizing.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 1:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cyclogenesis
LHR is basically the reason I have the UC Visa card. And I WOULD pay $59 to access for one reason: Showers. A shower after a TATL is humanizing.
I just drive home. I get your point though of course...
Old Apr 24, 2017, 1:37 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Ua Gold, GE.. Sucker for punishment
Originally Posted by Silver Fox
I just drive home. I get your point though of course...
Touche

Yes.. I guess the last place I would need showers would be O'Hare.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 9:49 am

Programs: United 1K, American Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by cyclogenesis
Touche

Yes.. I guess the last place I would need showers would be O'Hare.
I miss the showers at the United Club at O'Hare. Where was it now, the C17 lounge? The only showers available at a United facility at ORD are at the Polaris lounge. Yes, they are spectacular, as is everything else there, though I don't get to travel Polaris class very often out of ORD! No showers for the "common man/woman" with only a United Club membership at ORD.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 9:52 am

Programs: United 1K, American Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by kmersh
...To be clear, I would love to see the UNITED Club or the Delta Sky Lounge (imho a bit of a step up from UNITED already at least in the catering arena) improve even further to say the likes of a Lufthansa Senator Lounge, but that is not in the cards in the foreseeable future...
Been to the Lufthansa Senator Lounge courtesy of my United Club membership, and it's not all that! Rather boring. If you want a great lounge while at IAD, walk a little further to the Turkish Airlines Lounge. Also Star Alliance and available to UC members (as well as Priority Pass!). Now THAT is a lounge! Great food! Great lounging furniture, bar, shower!

With short connections I'll stay in the C/D terminal area and hang out in United Club, though for longer connections, it's definitely worth it to take a shuttle/subway to the A/B area and go to Turkish.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.