Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...{archive}

Old Mar 4, 2015, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DELee
Pre-discussions

New United Club menus to be "announced" 4 March 2015

United Clubs to be renovated

Confirmed Clubs with New Food Offerings:

All domestic clubs now confirmed with some version of the New Food Offerings. Full spread at all domestic hubs, with cut-down or hybrid versions at most outstation clubs.

International Clubs with different catering: GUM, HKG, MEX, LHR, NRT

Updates:

October 11, 2017: A new flavor coming to United Clubs
Print Wikipost

UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...{archive}

Old Mar 4, 2015, 10:56 am

Programs: UA Platinum, SPG Gold
Sounds great! Reminds me a lot of Air Canada MLL offerings, which I enjoy.

Just as long as I can still grab as many thin Tillamook pepper jacks as I can, I'll be happy until the summer.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This is fantastic news, and not just for members of the United Clubs. For more than a decade, the legacies were cutting everything imaginable, and now with industry consolidation and corresponding record profits, the legacies are slowly adding amenities in an effort to actually compete for the record-high fares. Good news for all legacy customers.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 11:05 am

Programs: UA, 1K 2MM
Excellent news, thank you!

Just hope the UC upgrades include refreshing and more frequent cleaning of the restrooms. Some of these (e.g. SFO International UC) are diabolical and I am sure a health hazard.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by UA Insider
[*]An upgraded beverage-for-sale program, featuring Laurent-Perrier champagne and Trinchero Family Estates wines;[/LIST][/INDENT]
I hope this doesn't mean the end to the few of 'good value' selections of premium wine on the menu like Stag's Leap Artemis, Jordan Cab, and Rombauer Chardonnay for prices that are much less than what you'll pay for the same at an outside bar.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 11:10 am

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL
does anyone know which ORD clubs have the new food today? thought i saw a post last night saying that only the C club might have it today, but i might be making that up. i gave one of my guys a chase pass since he has a 5hr layover. i'll send him to any club and get some pictures posted on here.

Last edited by riphamilton; Mar 4, 2015 at 11:30 am
Old Mar 4, 2015, 11:20 am

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL '90s PM, now FK (Flying Kettle)
Originally Posted by intractable
Just as long as I can still grab as many thin Tillamook pepper jacks as I can, I'll be happy until the summer.
To my recollection, AA clubs' introduction of paid food led to a big reduction in complimentary food offerings, down to dispenser tubes of sodium mix, and flavorless apples. The cheese now comes out for about 20 minutes each evening. Sometimes.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by riphamilton
does anyone know which ORD clubs have the new food today? i gave one of my guys a chase pass since he has a 5hr layover. i'll send him to any club and get some pictures posted on here.
Yes, I'm kind of surprised that no one in this forum has yet tried the new stuff and remarked on it. Or was it just announced today, not actually started just yet?
Old Mar 4, 2015, 11:24 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by AlreadyThere
To my recollection, AA clubs' introduction of paid food led to a big reduction in complimentary food offerings, down to dispenser tubes of sodium mix, and flavorless apples. The cheese now comes out for about 20 minutes each evening. Sometimes.
This thread is (mostly) about new complimentary food.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 11:26 am

Programs: UA 1P (w/ no expectations whatsoever); Marriott Gold; Hilton Silver; Hertz Pres
Great to see a change that I'll (hopefully) love. If the food is truly fresh (nor sitting out on a tray of melted ice all afternoon and reused from days prior) and staff is more hospitable (however, a small few are truly fantastic), then I absolutely look forward to it.

Now, if we can beef up that wifi like others have pointed out, bring back some printers, as well as coffee cup lids again, and system-wide self-service soft drinks (fountain or cans), then we are really cooking up an improved experience.

(As I'm sure many others are hoping to see their respective Clubs renovated, I need to shout out that I hope DEN East makes that list soon....that thing needs some help).

Granted overall, I suppose at some point UA had to cave to compete again with AA/DL.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by mgcsinc
This thread is (mostly) about new complimentary food.
And I noted the same UA announcement mentions a paid food trial, which may ultimately affect the complimentary offerings.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 11:29 am
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Originally Posted by riphamilton
does anyone know which ORD clubs have the new food today? i gave one of my guys a chase pass since he has a 5hr layover. i'll send him to any club and get some pictures posted on here.
I know that the ORD C Club has the new food. I'm here right now at 12:30 p.m.. I got the last of the vegetable soup and the concierge says more is on the way: tasty but a bit too salty (maybe it was because it was the bottom of the tureen). Olives, hummus, whole wheat crackers, mediterranean salad, brownie crisps, pretzel chips, cheddar cheese cubes, trail mix with a few whole cashews and artisanal bread. All-in-all a clear upgrade over the former feeding tubes and plastic wrapped everything.

Only surprise was that the dishes of candy which looked like M-and-Ms are really made of soft fruit candy.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 11:33 am

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Originally Posted by AlreadyThere
And I noted the same UA announcement mentions a paid food trial, which may ultimately affect the complimentary offerings.
This plan appears to have much more in common with DL's recent upgrade announcement than it does with AA's strategy.

All great news! The only thing I'd like to see is more attention paid to the washrooms in the renovated clubs. True European-style privacy dividers between the stalls, like there are in the SFO T3 club, would be civilized. The new washroom stalls at the BOS UC appear to be made out of aluminum foil. :P It's like being back in middle school.

Showers would be great too, but I know that's never going to happen.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by CaptKornDog
I need to shout out that I hope DEN East makes that list soon....that thing needs some help.
I second that. The Indian at the front is crying.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 11:44 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plt, Marriott Gold, National Exec
Excellent news! Well done United!
Old Mar 4, 2015, 11:51 am

Programs: UA Gold/1MM
Hopefully you'll retrain your ORD and EWR club personnel in basics of customer service.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.