Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...{archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2015, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DELee
Pre-discussions

New United Club menus to be "announced" 4 March 2015

United Clubs to be renovated

Confirmed Clubs with New Food Offerings:

All domestic clubs now confirmed with some version of the New Food Offerings. Full spread at all domestic hubs, with cut-down or hybrid versions at most outstation clubs.

International Clubs with different catering: GUM, HKG, MEX, LHR, NRT

Updates:

October 11, 2017: A new flavor coming to United Clubs
Print Wikipost

UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...{archive}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2017, 9:08 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, Marriott Titanium & LT Platinum, Avis PC, Hertz PC
There was no greek yogurt or oatmeal at SFO (near gate 70) for breakfast yesterday. Instead they were serving cottage cheese with the berries and cantalope. Instead of oatmeal, they had watery cream of wheat. Not sure if this is true, but a staff member told me that this is the new menu ☹️
Old Aug 20, 2017, 10:47 am

ORD F club had Swedish meatballs and mac and cheese along with clam chowder last night, and the usual salad, cheese cubes, etc... No deli meats/cold cuts however. The IAH C1 club last week also had clam chowder. There were no labels and I overheard another guest ask one of the workers what the soup was. She replied "fish soup ��". Looks like the IAH E club closes tomorrow for a couple months. Perhaps they'll be remodeling to the new club look and getting hot food!?
Old Aug 20, 2017, 11:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Wayside
Looks like the IAH E club closes tomorrow for a couple months. Perhaps they'll be remodeling to the new club look and getting hot food!?
Installing Polaris lounge (and likely renovating UC as well). Prepare for horrific overcrowding at all other IAH UCs.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Wayside
ORD F club had Swedish meatballs and mac and cheese along with clam chowder last night, and the usual salad, cheese cubes, etc... No deli meats/cold cuts however. The IAH C1 club last week also had clam chowder. There were no labels and I overheard another guest ask one of the workers what the soup was. She replied "fish soup ��". Looks like the IAH E club closes tomorrow for a couple months. Perhaps they'll be remodeling to the new club look and getting hot food!?
I don't believe they put out the meat trays on weekends. Seems to be only a Mon-Fri thing.

ORD F club did have the meat trays out on Friday evening.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 9:57 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
At the newly renovated C north lounge at IAH - wow, place looks great, what an improvement! I wish it was broken up just a bit more, but the variety of seating is great. I'm loving the large communal tables, great for a standing desk, great job UA! No additional offerings beyond the normal hub offerings at 11am.

I noticed while walking from gate to CBP in the above walkways that there was a sign "opening again in October" in front of the E club, validating it's closed (also shows that way in app).
Old Aug 21, 2017, 10:36 am

Programs: UA 1.6MM
Originally Posted by goodeats21
I don't believe they put out the meat trays on weekends. Seems to be only a Mon-Fri thing.

ORD F club did have the meat trays out on Friday evening.
Meat tray was spotted Saturday evening (8/19) at the ORD B16 club.

No meatballs to be found, but macaroni & cheese with garlic bread and the salami tray...
Old Aug 21, 2017, 11:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by warreng24

No meatballs to be found, but macaroni & cheese with garlic bread and the salami tray...
The ORD lounge situation seems a little confusing - aside from the Polaris lounge, which location is the best for hot food/soup, i.e. Mac/cheese, etc? Is it F or B?
Old Aug 21, 2017, 11:37 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by LagunaBeach
There was no greek yogurt or oatmeal at SFO (near gate 70) for breakfast yesterday. Instead they were serving cottage cheese with the berries and cantalope. Instead of oatmeal, they had watery cream of wheat. Not sure if this is true, but a staff member told me that this is the new menu ☹️
I noticed this as well last week at the Rotunda SFO club. The cream of wheat is not as good as the oatmeal, and creates more of a mess since its more watery.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by bocastephen
The ORD lounge situation seems a little confusing - aside from the Polaris lounge, which location is the best for hot food/soup, i.e. Mac/cheese, etc? Is it F or B?
B6 and F typically have the same items. I like F better, as it is usually not so crazy crowded.

I don't go down to the high -B club, so no comments about that one.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 11:57 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by bocastephen
IME B6 (but believe F is similar) but it is only for the evening mealtimes for the hot "entree"-like dish. As standard for UCs, soup is available after the breakfast items are removed.

There are also for sale items.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by warreng24

Interesting. I was told at one time it was weekday only, and have never personally seen it on the weekends.

Meatballs were being served on Friday at ORD F, but was swapped out for Mac and Cheese when depleted.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 6:04 pm

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Interesting. I was told at one time it was weekday only, and have never personally seen it on the weekends.

Meatballs were being served on Friday at ORD F, but was swapped out for Mac and Cheese when depleted.
At b6 club. Had both Mac and cheese and meatballs. Also garlic bread.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by CruiserCLE
Had it the other day and thought it was great. Really made for a nice, filling breakfast with the french toast, egg, and sausage. I eat a high protein diet so I love the ORD clubs where I can get an actual filling breakfast versus just pastries and cereal.
Unfortunately, this morning the eggs have been dropped at both B clubs. Just baked French toast (sugar) and sugared fruit slices (sugar) and sausage. I'm missing the eggs quite a bit.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 7:30 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SethC
Unfortunately, this morning the eggs have been dropped at both B clubs. Just baked French toast (sugar) and sugared fruit slices (sugar) and sausage. I'm missing the eggs quite a bit.
Thanks for the update - I had a feeling it was too good to last protein is obviously more expensive to cater versus the sugar + sugar.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
@ BOS UC: yep, they have chowdah.

David

p.s. meat tray was out between the snack dispensers and the water dispensers when I arrived (~5:45 pm) but not much left. selected a few things but the tray was removed when I went to get water about 20 mins later.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.