Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New United Club menus to be "announced" 4 March 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2015, 11:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Apparently United is upgrading food offers in the UClubs starting tomorrow. But hasn't bothered to tell anyone?!? http://twitter.com/AirlineReporter/s...24218708140032

The menu card is hard to read but looks like oatmeal & hard-boiled eggs in the morning and hummus, cheese, sliced salami & soup in the afternoons. I'm a bit scared about the concept of "bagel sticks" but we'll have to see what happens there.

ETA: Confirmed that this is coming and there is an event going on in ORD right now for the tasting. Unclear on the start date for when the new offerings are happening. One mention was tomorrow; another says that more info is coming tomorrow.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Mar 3, 2015 at 11:54 am Reason: title updated per OP request
Old Mar 3, 2015, 11:35 am

Free?!?!?!
Old Mar 3, 2015, 11:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by edcho
Free?!?!?!
Yup. At least that's the impression I get with no prices listed on the menu cards.

Also seems that, much like variations in local beers, there may be variations in the menus by station going forward. That could be interesting.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
This is supposed to be starting @ ORD tomorrow. The carbhydrate trpedes will be going away!
Old Mar 3, 2015, 11:49 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
.... no prices listed on the menu cards.
Perhaps the pricing will be dynamic just like the upgrades and E+ charges, and will thus depend on the real time supply and demand of hard boiled eggs and bagel sticks?
Old Mar 3, 2015, 11:50 am

Programs: UA Gold
wow. what a big improvement.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 11:51 am

If they're going local perhaps they can replace the coffee they serve at the BOS UC with Dunkins. Pretty please? Such a nice machine, such crappy espresso drinks.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 11:54 am

Nice to see some protein and soup on the spread.

"Spicy bloody mary trail mix"....

If the guest policy stays the same, a big improvement and advantage.

Wonder if the outstations just get light snacks, and the hubs the soup/salad/meat spread.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by FTstudent
wow. what a big improvement.
Not so fast. Remember the F food improvements came at the expense of eliminating food on hundreds of flights.

I'd like to see the full impact before patting them on the back. This is UA after all.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 12:05 pm
Original Poster

I must have missed the day in Media Relations school where they teach how to run a "sneak peek" for a product but don't embargo the news there. People at the event are posting different details about the new offerings online but United seems disinclined to clarify anything before the official release on Wednesday.

Originally Posted by channa
Not so fast. Remember the F food improvements came at the expense of eliminating food on hundreds of flights.
And adding it on hundreds of others. :-:
Old Mar 3, 2015, 12:06 pm

Programs: UA OG-1K, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Breakfast looks good. Lunch is always going to be hard since it is starting to be 'real food'.

As long as their is a roll, a cold cut and some cheese, I'll assemble my own sandwich.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 12:33 pm
Original Poster

Looks like the fine print on the menu card calls out the hard boiled eggs and salami as "limited time offering" items. Will be interesting to see just how limited that is.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 12:47 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Even a small upgrade of the food is good news, and this has some promise!

I hope the eggs and salami stick around. Like others, I'm not a fan of the current carb-heavy offer. Honestly, I'd be fine with a small paid menu like the RCC's had for a while, as long as the prices and quality are competitive with other airport offerings.

I guess I'll have to get to ORD a little earlier than usual tomorrow .
Old Mar 3, 2015, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Anything that goes beyond sugar and cheap carbs is a good step forward.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 1:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold
Seems like they have realized news leaked by Seth

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...vestments.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.