Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

In Panic Mode: Lap Baby name doesn't show up in airline reservation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2015, 10:27 am
Original Poster

I am traveling BOM-EWR-DAY and I have booked tickets through my company's travel agent. It is me, my wife and my 7 Months old infant son traveling.

Travel agent has issued me 3 separate tickets with same airline confirmation number. There are 3 separate ticket numbers as well. In the ticket for my son it shows NO SEAT as he is going to lap baby which I guess is fine since he is a lap baby.

Now when I put the confirmation number on the United website and go to manage my booking and select seats and such, it doesn't reflect my son's name anywhere. Even the total amount of the ticket price it shows on website is what my and wife's ticket price is and my son's ticket price (10% of full fare) doesn't show up at all.

I am very concerned as to why this is happening. I have talked to my travel agent and he said he will get back to me.

Does anyone know ?

I checked on this forum and came up with a thread from 2012 where people had same issue and it was said it is some bug in their system.

Should I be worried ? What should I do ? I am getting very concerned now.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 10:35 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Virtuoso Travel Agent, Commercial Pilot
In my experience, lap infants booked using third party sources often don't show up on united.com even when booked properly. If you want to ease your concerns, however, your best bet is to call United just to make sure that they see it properly on their end.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 10:36 am
Suspended

Programs: UA GM, AA GM, DL GM
You can go to the Saudi Airlines website and check the status of your son's ticket by entering the UA ticket number and last name in the "Manage Bookings" tab.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 11:34 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
You don't specify when you will be traveling.

The date of departure would affect the reading on my panic meter.

Today = high panic.

Next week = low panic.

Next month = no panic.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 11:35 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
Do you have three ticket numbers? If so, I wouldn't worry.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 11:53 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Virtuoso Travel Agent, Commercial Pilot
Originally Posted by Alpha Golf
Keep in mind that you must have both a reservation and a ticket to fly. They are separate but related instruments, and it is entirely possible for a travel agent to screw up one but not the other.

I agree, however, that there really isn't much to worry about here as united.com often doesn't show lap infants, but a phone call to United will quickly put your mind at ease.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 11:57 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
The ticket vs. reservation issue, particularly with a TA involved, suggests that calling UA here and now is the best and only move. The question to UA is simple and direct: Is there a ticket for [Lap] and what is its #?

Unless UA can confirm a ticket which has been paid for, call the TA and have them get to work.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 11:58 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA PLT, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by Alpha Golf
Absolutely...

I had issues (many, many times with UA and partners) with infant tickets, but having the ticket number on a print out, saved the day at foreign airports in MANY instances...

UA is horrible in terms of systems handling lap infants. I'm happy that I'm done with UA except for mistake fares and using up all of my RDMs with no award fees until Jan 2016!

-jeremy
Old Mar 3, 2015, 7:58 pm
Original Poster

I finally called up United and the first time I called, the lady on other end said she did not see any lap infant.
Then I called after some time again and I am not sure if it was same lady but she did say that she could see the lap infant and even gave my son's date of birth correct.
So now I am bit relieved in this regard.

Thanks for all the inputs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.