Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Update on New Premium Cabin Meals on United Express

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2015, 9:39 am
Company Representative, United Airlines
Original Poster

Hi everyone,

As you may recall, last fall we shared with you the news that we would be introducing freshly prepared meals to our United Express cabins as part of a multi-million-dollar investment in our onboard food and beverage program. In advance of the first flights with the new meal service I wanted to share with you some additional details as we elevate and more closely align our United Express experience with that of what you see on our mainline flights. Please note that we schedule meals based on average scheduled block time for each city pair we serve. Here are the key details:

• Phased-in introduction: New menus will first be introduced on the E170 and E175 fleets beginning March 1, followed by CRJ700 and Q400 flights in April.
  • Full meals on flights approximately 2:20 hours or longer: During traditional meal times, like on mainline, we will offer a full breakfast, lunch, or dinner meal service served on chinaware. Our regional aircraft are not equipped with ovens so our United Express menus have been designed with this in mind. Here are a couple sample menu selections:
    • Breakfast: Fresh fruit plate served with cereal,Greek yogurt, and breakfast bread
    • Lunch/Dinner: Artisinal pretzel roll filled with tangy barbecue chicken and creamy coleslaw, accompanied with a tri-color quinoa side salad. Pre-baked signature triple chocolate chunk cookies will be served for dessert.
  • Light refreshments on flights approximately 1-2:20 hours in length and on flights over approximately 2:20 hours between meal times (1:30pm - 4pm and after 8pm): We will offer a selection of premium snacks and fresh fruit.
  • Flights approximately 1 hour or less: Our shortest United Express flights will offer a morning refreshment service with gourmet biscotti and on flights later in the day we will offer a premium fruit and nut snack mix.

Additional details are available on united.com.

UA Insider

Last edited by UA Insider; Feb 25, 2015 at 10:53 am Reason: Formatting
Old Feb 25, 2015, 10:13 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold
This is great!
Old Feb 25, 2015, 11:37 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Looking forward to it, won't miss those boxes!
Old Feb 25, 2015, 11:42 am

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
This is great news indeed, especially for my 3+hour flights from IAD to Texas!
Old Feb 25, 2015, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Great news.

I hope, as I do with mainline, that UA keeps in mind that not all of us eat meat. It would be nice to always have a viable not-meat option.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 12:02 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Looks like IAH-MEX is a new carve-out market (like ORD-LGA/BDL or EWR-ATL/ORD) for mainline and UAX...
Old Feb 25, 2015, 12:31 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
That means the MSP-SFO E175 1589 mi flight that departs at 3:20pm in April gets just a snack basket. Ugh

On mainline this would have a meal because its over 1499 miles. Apparently not on UX.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 12:37 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by zrs70
Great news.

I hope, as I do with mainline, that UA keeps in mind that not all of us eat meat. It would be nice to always have a viable not-meat option.
This. I didn't mind the snackboxes in UX F for this very reason.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 12:39 pm

Looks hearty.

And surprised the Q400s are getting the love though I guess there are no 2:20+ flights on the Q400s either.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 12:54 pm

Programs: UA Gold; IHG Spire Elite
This means EUG-DEN gets a meal (as long as it's not on a CR2)! Very exciting. I'm happy to see the snack boxes go....
Old Feb 25, 2015, 1:04 pm

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
My round trip to Niagara just got better.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 3:01 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Thanks for the update! This improvement is much needed and appreciated.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 4:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM
You could easily add ovens to the UAX fleet ...

Last edited by rch4u; Feb 25, 2015 at 4:08 pm
Old Feb 25, 2015, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by rch4u
You could easily add ovens to the UAX fleet ...
Baby steps...
Old Feb 25, 2015, 5:55 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
I prefer warm foods. I hope that they can install an oven in the near future. I avoid some > 2 hr RJ flights, anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.