Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Saver Sale - UA partner awards pricing as UA award [Promo Has Ended]

Saver Sale - UA partner awards pricing as UA award [Promo Has Ended]

Old Jan 31, 2015, 7:17 pm

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Originally Posted by NITISH
I called 1k desk lady was great told her what I was trying to do. She put me on hold for 10 minutes and came back with they are refunding and canceling original ticket and rebooked for the lower 70k miles per ticket and credited my card the difference in taxes!!! So basically I got back 10k miles per ticket!!!
So did she confirm this is intentional pricing, rather than a bug? As you may have noticed in my post above, I got the same error message you did, though afterward my original itinerary appears to have been preserved.

If I weren't on a UA transcon right now myself I'd call the premier line and ask for the extra 25K miles!
Old Feb 1, 2015, 10:14 am

Wondering about the SE Asia 'deal'.

In my case, I can see LAX - ICN - BKK available for 70k in biz on Asiana. Wondering if I should just book the entire thing (round trip) online first and then call in later and ask for the ICN - BKK route to be pushed out a few days. I'd love to stopover in Seoul, but something tells me the web won't price that out at this "intentional pricing".

Nevermind! I got it.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Feb 1, 2015 at 12:05 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member
Old Feb 1, 2015, 12:12 pm

Just called UA and got a great agent who graciously applied the reduced pricing to my LX itinerary, instantly transferring 25K miles back into my account. I lost my seat assignments on the outbound leg, but it's not the end of the world.

Thanks again to all. I'll be fascinated to see if we ever learn what the reality behind this blip really is.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 12:49 pm

Programs: UA GS
Just called and got 25,000 miles deposited back on 2 one-ways in partner Biz to Europe for this May (70,000-57,500)x2. Also got some money back in the taxes, presumably because of Euro devaluation since I booked it. There is no availability anymore so she preserved the existing reservation and reissued.

Agent seemed confused why the miles would have gone down but because the computer showed the new price that's what she said it should be.

I looked back at the reward code from when I booked in October, and it was "BB53". Now it's re-deducted as "BB53T".

Last edited by villox; Feb 1, 2015 at 12:56 pm Reason: figured out why I got taxes back.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 2:26 pm

Data point: In mid-January, I booked 2 RT business class partner award tickets to Europe (one from my FF account and one from my husband's) and paid 140,000 miles each. Travel is for late March/early April 2015. Called today and had 50,000 miles redeposited to our accounts (25K back to each account). The phone call took over an hour, but was well worth it for the 50,000 miles!
Old Feb 1, 2015, 2:29 pm

Programs: UA, AS
I tried calling in for a re-price on a one way partner Biz award and the agent said it priced the same (no savings in miles). I may have to call again because I am still seeing awards available (all partner awards I have found for the origin/destination) on the website at the lower rate.

Edit:
This award is Europe-US. After doing a bit more searching I have found that close in partner awards within the next week are pricing (for my route) at the higher miles award rate, 70K, and beyond a week out they are pricing at 57.5K one-way. Since my res is more than a week out I would think it would price lower.

Last edited by skimthetrees; Feb 1, 2015 at 2:48 pm
Old Feb 1, 2015, 2:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Originally Posted by skimthetrees
I tried calling in for a re-price on a one way partner Biz award and the agent said it priced the same (no savings in miles). I may have to call again because I am still seeing awards available (all partner awards I have found for the origin/destination) on the website at the lower rate.
HUACA
Old Feb 1, 2015, 2:46 pm

Programs: UA GS
Part of the reason my agent was confused was because she saw it booked as a "Saver" and said that's already the lowest level so why would I expect lower miles. I said that other flights are showing now at a reduced price so if she could please try, and voila.

So yeah, HUACA
Old Feb 1, 2015, 2:56 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
So did UA back off on having different redemption rates for partner airlines? I cant imagine with everyone calling that this is a glitch and still live.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 2:56 pm

Programs: Who knows anymore. It's a f---ing pandemic.
Had to HUACA on the 1k line once but just got my Saver award for me and my mom dropped by 25k. Yay!
Old Feb 1, 2015, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
UA partner awards pricing as UA award?!?

Glad someone can save some miles
Old Feb 1, 2015, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by villox
Part of the reason my agent was confused was because she saw it booked as a "Saver" and said that's already the lowest level so why would I expect lower miles. I said that other flights are showing now at a reduced price so if she could please try, and voila.

So yeah, HUACA
Mine said a similar thing. I asked her to try. She claimed she did and the price was the same. I'm calling again.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by cruisr
So did UA back off on having different redemption rates for partner airlines? I cant imagine with everyone calling that this is a glitch and still live.
I think it's fair to say there's zero chance that they've lowered the price permanently, given that none of their award charts or promotional materials have changed.

It may be some sort of test to see if the volume of bookings changes appreciably at this price ... or it may well be a glitch and everyone in IT is off enjoying the SuperBowl.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 4:01 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Originally Posted by rstlsgirl
Had to HUACA on the 1k line once but just got my Saver award for me and my mom dropped by 25k. Yay!
I've been HUACA'ing (if that makes any sense) on Premier Line Agents at least 1/2 times now.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 4:10 pm

Mine said a similar thing. I asked her to try. She claimed she did and the price was the same. I'm calling again.
Called again. 20 min on hold + 20-25 min for processing. Agent says she was able to rebuild the route and reprice it for the lower rate. She claimed that the Res was updated and complete to reflect the change BUT she had to contact Mileage Plus to process the refund in miles which might not show up in the account for a couple of days.

I'm a bit worried now because the Res says 2 awards 0 miles. That can't be good, can it? It doesn't sound like the Res was properly updated.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.