Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes and what to do after one [Archive]

Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes and what to do after one [Archive]

Old Jan 18, 2015, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by Bonehead
The canard that mainline is always better than RJ drives me nuts.
Agreed. It's certainly not the hard and fast rule like it used to be.

You already mentioned the EMB-145, but the EMB-175 has an extra legroom section, wide seats, etc. It's to an extent preferable to a 737.

Plus one used to be able to argue against RJs because there's no IFE or Internet, but now there are mainline planes with no IFE, and many RJs, such as Delta's two-cabin fleet, have Internet.

And the delay argument doesn't always hold water either. For example, Delta Connection has been outperforming United mainline recently.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 12:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat, NW Plat, Marriott Premiere Plat, SPG Plat, Priority Gold, Hilton Gold
Agree... I don't mind the 170's or 190's at all. I used to mind the lack of food and lack of IFE, but United has done a great job at making the mainline food service infrequent enough that I don't miss it on the RJs - I just get real food in advance on those occasions. And United's mainline IFE product has gotten so inconsistent (Overhead? Seatback? WiFi? Nothing? And if it's there is it working?) I just bring my own anyway.

The only planes I really avoid are the E145/CRJ200s on flights over 2 hours - and that's all lack of legroom.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 12:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Agreed. For some reason there are people who think that all smaller aircraft are bad and all larger are good. The larger RJ's with 2-2 seating in Y can be substantially more comfortable than Y on a 319/20 or 737. And the 1 of 2-1 in F is particularly nice. If you fly F for the food...well.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 1:04 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

This is one of my biggest frustration with UA and definitely one of the tipping points that made me leave UA.

Going from 739 to E170 is a massive downgauge, if they are not sure what equipment will be used, they should use A319 or 73G as placeholder to minimize impact.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 3:01 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Bronze
The E170 is a fine aircraft - quicker to board, good overhead space, nice windows, good 'single' first class seats for solo travelers. 737-900 --> E170 honestly wouldn't bother me.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 5:53 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by seanp7
The E170 is a fine aircraft - quicker to board, good overhead space, nice windows, good 'single' first class seats for solo travelers. 737-900 --> E170 honestly wouldn't bother me.
On a short route, maybe. But BWI-IAH means the loss of a real meal, smaller bathroom, smaller overhead bins, no IFE (provided it's not a dark 737-900). BWI-ORD is one thing, on a mid-con I want mainline.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 7:23 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Just got three:

- April SDF-ORD-RDU, SDF-ORD now leaves at 5:50 AM instead of 6:00 AM. Only annoying in the "there goes ten minutes of sleep" way
- May BWI-LAX-SFO is now BWI-IAH-SFO as the evening BWI-LAX flight no longer exists. No notification on this one.
- May DCA-EWR-GSO, both flights changed specifically and my connection which was 1hr13 is now 27 minutes. That one I'll have to call and get fixed. The aircraft also were ERJ/DH4 and now they're E70/ERJ.

Last edited by CMK10; Feb 7, 2015 at 7:29 am
Old Feb 7, 2015, 8:28 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Hope not true.

SFO to SMF at 11 PM looks to be cxld off schedule starting end of April according to itins. Hope UA is still loading schedules.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
SFO to SMF at 11 PM looks to be cxld off schedule starting end of April according to itins. Hope UA is still loading schedules.
Has to do with the change in equipment from E120 to CR200. Frequency with the CR200 will only be 4x daily while w/ the E120 it has been 5-7x daily.

Changes you'll like right along with the drop of SMF-IAD that has gone on this winter.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 4:16 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
I have a May itin IAD-DEN-NRT-IAD. Shows up in my itins now as "Washington - Denver." (Ahah, typical schedule change and misconnect message...)

Reviewing the res, there's nothing askew, with a 2+ hour connection in DEN. None of the flights are in red. Confirming the schedule changes just shows the same screen over and over.

The new bit for me, though, is that now there is a "Partner confirmation #" link for this res--on all UA metal (huh?). I was worried UA had moved me to ANA metal on the return or something which would prevent my waitlisted GPU from ever clearing. But oh no, the "partner" # is a US Airways one?
Old Feb 8, 2015, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by exerda
I have a May itin IAD-DEN-NRT-IAD. Shows up in my itins now as "Washington - Denver." (Ahah, typical schedule change and misconnect message...)

Reviewing the res, there's nothing askew, with a 2+ hour connection in DEN. None of the flights are in red. Confirming the schedule changes just shows the same screen over and over.

The new bit for me, though, is that now there is a "Partner confirmation #" link for this res--on all UA metal (huh?). I was worried UA had moved me to ANA metal on the return or something which would prevent my waitlisted GPU from ever clearing. But oh no, the "partner" # is a US Airways one?
I had something similar happen fairly recently, I don't recall the itinerary, but it was last fall sometime. I called and told them to resync it and it fixed the problem and got rid of the message about the schedule change and faux partner PNR.
Old Feb 10, 2015, 12:43 pm

Yesterday I had a schedule change where everything was highlighted in red (other than the airports themselves, though that happened in a previous round of schedule changes). Every flight for this SEA-BOS RT had had its departure time changed, and was blocked off for a longer time, including one that was blocked off for more than half an hour longer (trying to get higher on-time performances, UA? ), and the flight times resulted in longer layovers. All the flight numbers were changed, and all the aircraft were changed as well, as most of the equipment swaps were sUA to sCO
Old Feb 10, 2015, 1:20 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
I had something similar happen fairly recently, I don't recall the itinerary, but it was last fall sometime. I called and told them to resync it and it fixed the problem and got rid of the message about the schedule change and faux partner PNR.
Yep, calling took care of it. Oddly enough, my wife, on the same routing but a different PNR, had the same schedule change, but the right flight highlighted on hers, and accepting the change online worked. Mine was the one that got stuck in limbo... which makes me worry a little bit about its waitlisted upgrades clearing.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 2:29 pm

Programs: united airlines marriott southwest airlines
I am very frustrated. I booked my flight very early so I could choose my seats. Booked my flight from IAH to ORD with 1 hr 52 connect to CDG.
Booked flight early Nov. Reserved seats in E+ on 767-300 in 23 A &B.

Looked at my itinerary and UA chgd flight times and my connect is now only 40 min ORD to CDG. I do not want to risk missing my connection, so called and had UA book me on another flight. Now flight is IAH to IAD with 1 hr 32 connect to CDG. BUT can not get E+ on the aisle 2 seats and am now in the center 3 seat row. And to add insult to injury, I have to pay for upgrade to E+ again and will get refunded the original upgrade fee when I return from flight?

So my question is: Is there any way to be notified if 2 aisle seats become available on this flight other that looking every day?

Also, frustrated that UA does not notify me when changes are made to original itinerary, I discovered by going online to view my flight!

Thanks for any help or guidance.

Flight is for mid - May.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Feb 19, 2015 at 10:50 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member
Old Feb 19, 2015, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by jm2cc
...So my question is: Is there any way to be notified if 2 aisle seats become available on this flight other that looking every day?...
No. Bummer...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.