Old Jan 18, 2015, 1:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

United - Positive Experiences 2015

Old Mar 20, 2015, 2:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K_MM, AA EX_PLT Hyatt/Hilton Dia, Mar Gold, IHG PLT, Amtrak S++, Hertz 5Star, Avis First
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Positive in the outcome, but the agent obviously did not look very hard if she "couldn't find the space" that you quickly found on Delta. I am not impressed.
My thought too.

Only positive because you did your homework first....
Old Mar 20, 2015, 2:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott-Gold
Originally Posted by JT_BOS
My thought too.

Only positive because you did your homework first....
True. I have gotten to make sure I know everything before asking questions. For instance, I already knew the reason was late incoming before I asked her. And I already knew there were available seats on at least 4 flights. Its kinda sad I am happy about the outcome in a way.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 2:39 pm

Programs: Million Miler, 1K - Basically spend a lot of time on planes
Originally Posted by davidviolin
Bought my friend one award domestic one way ticket for this friday evening, and flight got cancelled yesterday. (She got upgraded too!)
I thought the perks of the donors status were no longer supposed to flow through to the end user. If that's true, wondering why the end user managed to be upgraded.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 2:40 pm
Moderator: United MileagePlus

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
Originally Posted by CO_Nonrev_elite
I thought the perks of the donors status were no longer supposed to flow through to the end user. If that's true, wondering why the end user managed to be upgraded.
I believe the change goes into effect on April 15, 2015 --- http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-accounts.html
Old Mar 20, 2015, 2:56 pm

Programs: UA 1k, SPG Plat 100
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Positive in the outcome, but the agent obviously did not look very hard if she "couldn't find the space" that you quickly found on Delta. I am not impressed.
I suspect she did the amount of searching she was instructed to do, which is none. Good call having OAL options before calling; asking agents "what are my options" is always trouble.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 3:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott-Gold
Originally Posted by CO_Nonrev_elite
If you have a Chase UA credit card, you still get upgraded on award flights. I was confused about this too for a while, rules dont seem to be too clear on this.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
As this "something positive" comes in the context of a flight cancellation, a lost upgrade, a rebooked trip that got the traveler to her destination many hours later than planned, then a further multi-hour delay on the replacement flight causing a misconnect, then an agent who resisted an OAL rebook solution until the OP pointed out the existence of alternate space... I don't think I'd be saying "Thanks, United!"

If this counts as a relative customer service victory, UA customers are pretty starved for good news.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 3:59 pm

Programs: UA 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium
I've found United to be pretty good with rebooking on other airlines. Of course, as suggested always look up flights before calling.

Felt the opposite experience on Delta (rebooked to Delta from United) recently during the winter storm/LGA plane crash. The Delta flight I was supposed to be on was canceled as well. They flat out refused to rebook anyone on US Airways (I was at a US Airways hub) and were providing people options to fly out in 2 days. I even heard Medallion status members complaining about it. I went back to United and they quickly got me on the next US Airways flight out.

Yes, my original United flight was canceled, but the important thing was they were able to reaccommodate me. So, a positive experience in my book

I'm glad I only started travelling 2 years ago. I haven't experienced the "good old days" so don't have such high expectations as everyone else on this forum.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 4:16 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by BearX220
As this "something positive" comes in the context of a flight cancellation, a lost upgrade, a rebooked trip that got the traveler to her destination many hours later than planned, then a further multi-hour delay on the replacement flight causing a misconnect, then an agent who resisted an OAL rebook solution until the OP pointed out the existence of alternate space... I don't think I'd be saying "Thanks, United!"

If this counts as a relative customer service victory, UA customers are pretty starved for good news.
Exactly my thought as I was reading the post...imagining all the work the OP did to get his result.

I really, truly clicked on this thread hoping to see a nice surprise on a Friday afternoon.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 5:49 pm

Programs: UA Gold, US, AA, DL
Very simple for me today: I had a very smooth journey ROA-ORD-DEN-DRO, all legs arriving early and with very pleasant interactions with UA staff. The FA ROA-ORD (E145) was a particular highlight with great service and a great sense of humor. I will be writing in about him. Glad to see this thread in the meantime.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 5:53 pm

Programs: 1K
Originally Posted by cagcag
PROSECO served on domestic UA flights? What have I been missing all along?
Yep, you missed the memo! Welcome
Old Mar 20, 2015, 7:46 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Flying DCA-IAH earlier this week. About ten minutes before boarding the gate agent pages me and hands me a boarding pass for F. I had been number two on the list a couple minutes before but was pleased by the pro-active service.

On-board the FA service was excellent. Lots of drink refills and prompt dinner service. At the end of the flight the FA thanked each F passenger individually for their business.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 8:00 pm

Programs: Lifetime UA 1K, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Flew FRA-DEN yesterday through IAH. I was on the 9PM flight to DEN but landed at 6:30 so I went to the gate to see if I could switch to the earlier 7:45 flight. I had an expensive international ticket with a GPU applied. I arrived at the gate just after the agent had upgraded #1 on the list to the last first seat.

When she saw my reservation she realized that I would have gone ahead of that person so she downgraded him which caused me to go to the top of the list get the last first class seat.

I was just happy to get a seat on the earlier flight and never asked her to do this. I was blown away by her service.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 8:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Ua Gold, GE.. Sucker for punishment
IAD C7 UA club last night.. A few flights delayed..
Staff kept lounge open and proactively collected flight details from guests so they could tell us when we should go to gate..
Old Mar 20, 2015, 8:08 pm

Programs: MP Gold, Hertz President's Circle, PC Platinum Elite, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by bldr1k
Flew FRA-DEN yesterday through IAH. I was on the 9PM flight to DEN but landed at 6:30 so I went to the gate to see if I could switch to the earlier 7:45 flight. I had an expensive international ticket with a GPU applied. I arrived at the gate just after the agent had upgraded #1 on the list to the last first seat.

When she saw my reservation she realized that I would have gone ahead of that person so she downgraded him which caused me to go to the top of the list get the last first class seat.

I was just happy to get a seat on the earlier flight and never asked her to do this. I was blown away by her service.
and somewhere on another thread, the person who was #1, saw the upgrade and then the downgrade, is complaining about United 'upgrade shenanigans'

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.