FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

United - Positive Experiences 2015

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2015, 7:03 pm

Programs: WN, AA, UA, DL
Originally Posted by transportprof
What channel did you communicate on? Web site, 1K Voice, call center?
Sorry, missed seeing your question until now.

It was through the web. Fast and easy like it should be.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 8:05 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus Premier
Something Amazing Happened

I had come to think that UA simply did not like me. I am just a lowly scum Silver and over the past year I never got "the letter" from Oscar, I never get any nice promos, when I was trying to book a LAS to MEL trip they would not give me a break or let me upgrade with miles and $$ despite the plane being 2/3s empty.....but two days ago I had to call in to re-book an ticket that I had to cancel when my wife's mother passed away 10 days before we were going to visit her. Some how the res went into my inactive file and I had to call rather than re-booking online. I actually got through in two minutes, I actually got a nice young lady who was most helpful in re-booking AND she told me since I had to cancel the original trip I should send in a copy of the death cert and a copy of my new receipt showing the change fee and they would refund $150 of the $200...and guess what? They did, in just two days with no issues or arguments. It was kind of nice to be treated as something more than a package for a change..oh, that LAS to MEL trip, booked that 2 months ago on ANZ in premium economy and I should still get my UA miles...
Old Oct 4, 2015, 8:17 am

Programs: BA Gold, B6 Mosiac, VS, AA, DL (and a legacy UA 2MM)
Let's all hope for the future day when this is Standard Operating Procedure at UA, and not so amazing! Thanks for posting
Old Oct 4, 2015, 8:19 am
QBK

Programs: UA 1K-MM + UC, Marriott Plat, National Exec
OP, I'm glad you had a good experience (assuming that your post was sincere, rather than ironic!)

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Oct 4, 2015 at 11:11 am Reason: discussion posters is not allowed
Old Oct 6, 2015, 5:26 pm

Programs: 1k
I sent an email to MP today regarding some missing miles. Within 10 minutes I got response and the miles were added to my account.
Maybe it was a slow day.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 1:37 pm

Programs: Lifetime UA 1K, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Sitting in United Club at John Wayne airport. One of the club employees came up to me asking if I wanted another glass of wine (I wasn't at the bar). I've been a United Club member for 30 years and nobody has ever come up to me and asked if I wanted another drink (when I wasn't sitting at the Bar).
Old Oct 8, 2015, 1:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, Hyatt Plat, National Exec, GE/Nexus
Originally Posted by bldr1k
Sitting in United Club at John Wayne airport. One of the club employees came up to me asking if I wanted another glass of wine (I wasn't at the bar). I've been a United Club member for 30 years and nobody has ever come up to me and asked if I wanted another drink (when I wasn't sitting at the Bar).
Just had this happen at FLL. The lady was collecting plates, glasses, bowls, etc. and asked me if I wanted a drink. Maybe it's due to the small lounge at both locations.
Old Oct 9, 2015, 7:14 am

Thank you United

I made a critical error. I had a flight from TLV to JFK on Jan3. broken up into 2 days the first TLV to MUC, 5:30pm, sleep in Munich and then MUC to JFK at 12:15 next day. I like to travel this way because of a bad back the non stops wreak havoc. I was looking also at possibilities of changing this, and saw TLV to Muc via BRU as a first class for only 2500 miles and $35. Only spend the night in BRU and get to MUC the next day in time for the 12:15. My mistake was that this change meant full change to the complete ticket.

So after i made the change i saw my trip is now called TLV to MUC, not to JFK. Oh. So I called it took some time to get through and the person did not hear me well etc. and said many times 'I'm so sorry'. I asked for a supervisor. Then I had to leave for my second job, but later I got to someone states side and she was like, 'oh I see what your mistake. Let me see what we can do' and she said the seats i had on the orig were long gone,
as they were on Lufthansa, she said it's out of their hands, but they can put me on United TLV to EWR actually which is a tad better for me, a non stop. Which is more expensive in terms of miles but they are not charging that. So its not what I wanted but for my back, I will spring for an economy plus seat and be glad i didn't lose the entire trip.

Thank you United for standing by your product. I do think though, you should issue some kind of warning when someone is changing a trip so drastically.

Love to United, this is the way it should be.
Old Oct 9, 2015, 10:15 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Had a bit of an annoying round trip recently. All domestic flights, first leg went MX, caused a missed connection at ORD (go figure), the proactive rebooking algorithm killed my ticket, bumped me from A to S fare, and I ended up on an RJ after a 4 hour layover, though 1k line was able to reinstate my A fare.

Wrote to CS about this, got a response within 48 hours. The rep had clearly taken the time to read my complaint, apologized and sent me a travel voucher for what I thought was a very fair amount as compensation for my troubles. That immediately turned my mood from sour and frustrated to delighted. Good job, United!
Old Oct 9, 2015, 11:58 am

Thank You 1K Line

Hi,

I recently had to change a flight and went on-line, made the change, paid the $200 change fee plus about $40 fare difference. Did this about 8:00pm. The following morning I get a email at work telling me I have to travel
during the exact time period that I made the change into the night before. Called the 1K line and explained the situation and asked if there was a 24 cancellation option of my change from the night before. Was very nicely told that the 24 hr policy did not apply to changes but they would waive the change fees this time but would have to charge me the fare difference which I was more than happy to do.

I have had a number of great exchanges with United CS this year and I can't say that for a number of previous years.

John
Old Oct 9, 2015, 1:47 pm

Free drink offer for 1K?

I was on PS redeye flight (SFO-JFK) a couple of days ago, and my upgrade did not clear.

I sat on 21A (by the way my thin butt hurt due to thin cushion of emergency row), and once boarding ended, FA (purser?) came to greeted me and offered me a free first drink during the flight. (I did not order it since I had enough during dinner).

He said it started today (Oct. 7)... I don't know whether it's just for PS flight or trans-con or for his flight only, it's at least nice gesture to 1k member.
Old Oct 9, 2015, 1:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by NJMAN
I was on PS redeye flight (SFO-JFK) a couple of days ago, and my upgrade did not clear.

I sat on 21A (by the way my thin butt hurt due to thin cushion of emergency row), and once boarding ended, FA (purser?) came to greeted me and offered me a free first drink during the flight. (I did not order it since I had enough during dinner).

He said it started today (Oct. 7)... I don't know whether it's just for PS flight or trans-con or for his flight only, it's at least nice gesture to 1k member.
Has been noted in the 'surprises for HVF' thread. Maybe they can extend to us lowly Plats too?
Old Oct 15, 2015, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Today 10/15, flying Jax-ORD-FRA-TLL. JAX-ORD flight severely delayed(4+ hours) for maintenance. I called MP looking for alternative routing but unbeknownst to me gate supervisor had already found one via EWR with my upgrade to FRA in place plus a upgrade to EWR.(I was #2 on the wait list to ORD.) Additionally my LH segment, FRA-TLL, got rebooked into Y from W.(Not much but every bit matters) The only downside is EWR for which I don't have much love for. Overall a very good experience for me with the new routing getting me to TLL 3 hours later.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 9:59 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Had a very awesome phone rep (don't think I can put her name here) help me out yesterday.
Have a flight GRR-ORD-DEN, Leaving GRR at 745pm and a 3 hour layover before getting into den at 1210am. My GRR-ORD was downsized to an E145, and flight time only slightly altered (2 minutes?) Called earlier in the day and someone basically laughed me off saying there was "no way without charging the fare difference" that I could get a small schedule change.

I called back later on in the day, asked the agent if we could use the downsize as an excuse to get me a shorter layover in Chicago since my fare bucket was still available, and she said "no problem, we definitely can do that." Two minutes later, I was set. I now get in at 10pm. This was the MP line so maybe that's a slight advantage, but she just seemed so willing to help.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 12:14 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by NJMAN

Yup! Here it is:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ree-gs-1k.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.