Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Chase MP Plus Visa Companion Fare Certificate" - updated with 2019 T&C

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2015, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DELee
prior companion cert - based on zone fares discussed in Consolidated "MP Plus Visa Zone Fare Certificate" Thread [Merged]

2019 zone fares:
2019 Letter Language:
2019 Terms & Conditions:
Appears June 2016 a return to the zone fare approach

Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Chase MP Plus Visa Companion Fare Certificate" - updated with 2019 T&C

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2015, 4:58 pm

Programs: United, Turkish
Has anyone actually managed to find an L,K,G or N fare? Or is this just last year's scam warmed over ?
Old Aug 21, 2015, 7:10 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by morelegroom
Has anyone actually managed to find an L,K,G or N fare? ....
Half my domestic fares this year have been in those fare classes -- but I typically book 6-8-10 weeks out.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 9:10 pm

Programs: United, Turkish
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Half my domestic fares this year have been in those fare classes -- but I typically book 6-8-10 weeks out.
I was looking at next summer 6 different destinations in June N0t one qualifying fare
Old Aug 21, 2015, 9:19 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by morelegroom
I was looking at next summer 6 different destinations in June N0t one qualifying fare
It is not uncommon for the lowest fare classes not to be opened up 10-11 months out. They will usually show before 6-8 months out. Check earlier months to see when that show-up.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 1:55 pm

Programs: UA Silver, DL, AA
The certificate says the MileagePlus accrual happens only on the revenue fare, and not the companion fare. Does the revenue fare qualify for both PQD and PQM?
Old Aug 26, 2015, 2:56 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by GretelNick
The certificate says the MileagePlus accrual happens only on the revenue fare, and not the companion fare. Does the revenue fare qualify for both PQD and PQM?
Yes, in my experience. Which actually makes it useful if just one of you is re-qualifying, even though you may find cheaper fares you wont get as many PQD.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by escapefromphl
useful if just one of you is re-qualifying
Exactly my scenario. Great, thanks.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 1:27 pm

Has anyone tried/had luck splitting the PNR after booking and changing the return date for one person only? I'm wondering if it will act like a normal PNR after booking.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 1:31 am

Programs: UA 1K, NW forever
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
It is not uncommon for the lowest fare classes not to be opened up 10-11 months out. They will usually show before 6-8 months out. Check earlier months to see when that show-up.
I just used mine for a trip SFO-OGG, L opened up 4 months out. Quite a good deal since the revenue ticket was $700, so I essentially got 2-for-1.

Has anyone tried/had luck splitting the PNR after booking and changing the return date for one person only? I'm wondering if it will act like a normal PNR after booking.
Not sure about the splitting part, but changing the return will be safer than changing the outbound since it won't trigger a refare of the whole ticket.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 5:31 pm

So I can see fare class inventory on my flights (L9K9G9N9), but the website wants to sell me a W fare. Previously there just had to be inventory to use the old MP viza zone cert, any chance this is still the case?
Old Jan 18, 2016, 10:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
Originally Posted by escapefromphl
So I can see fare class inventory on my flights (L9K9G9N9), but the website wants to sell me a W fare. Previously there just had to be inventory to use the old MP viza zone cert, any chance this is still the case?
I believe that is correct, but I haven't tried with the latest cert.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 10:48 am

I just made 3 phone calls, over 3 days, ranging from 20-40 minutes each to use one of these certificates, netting a total savings of about $100, and getting flights that are just ok. (And at this point the flight still isn't even ticketed.) I've had this VISA card for years, and love the PQM perks, but this is the first time I've ever been able to use the certificate and get any sort of saving at all. Given all the other issues, not sure if it was worth it.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by qasr
I believe that is correct, but I haven't tried with the latest cert.
Has anyone tried with the latest cert?
Old Aug 24, 2016, 3:18 pm

My cert, which expires in March 2017, states L, K, G availability is required.

The fares are fixed, so the booking fare class should not matter. You don't get the L fare, you get the fare in the cert table. Why do you care about the booking fare class? A higher booking fare class may helpful in irrops, ....
Old Aug 24, 2016, 4:24 pm

Yes I was able to use the cert, I used it to fly to Hawaii in the summer, and saved quite a bit. There just has to be L,K,G or N fare availability on all the legs. If you are a bit flexible this is pretty easy to find.

The process was even slightly less painful than before when you had to mail it in, you can scan the cert and upload it now. Though I had to call back a few times to find an agent who knew what to do.

Last edited by escapefromphl; Aug 24, 2016 at 4:32 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.