Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Club in ATL - Closed 31 Jan 2015 - Reopening delayed to 13 Nov 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Club in ATL - Closed 31 Jan 2015 - Reopening delayed to 13 Nov 2015

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2015, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by LarkSFO
So, you're leaving?
No, but United has to earn my business -- either by price, schedule, or service.

In a competitive market like SFO-ATL, it's tough to justify UA, since prices are similar, and UA's schedules and service are inferior.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 7:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
Didn't I read earlier today that EWR-ATL is going all mainline?

And now that the new UC is on again?

Maybe there's hope after all.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by channa
No, but United has to earn my business -- either by price, schedule, or service.
My criteria: Schedule, frequency, schedule, schedule, price, service. Price might move up a couple spots when it is personal travel.

Originally Posted by channa
In a competitive market like SFO-ATL, it's tough to justify UA, since prices are similar, and UA's schedules and service are inferior.
Agreed. DL in all but the rarest circumstances.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 7:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott-Gold
Guy at the check-in counter in ATL said UC under construction at terminal T, and could open as late as in 6 months, or as early as in 3 months. There was lots of wiring exposed in the ceiling of terminal T, and the whole thing looked like a building block. I hope they come up with something nice once its finished. I am enjoying alot more mainline flights out of ATL than before which makes me happy. 2x daily SFO flights coming back later this spring is good news as well.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 8:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt GLOB, Marriott Lifetime PLT, UA 1K 1MM.
Originally Posted by davidviolin
Guy at the check-in counter in ATL said UC under construction at terminal T, and could open as late as in 6 months, or as early as in 3 months. There was lots of wiring exposed in the ceiling of terminal T, and the whole thing looked like a building block. I hope they come up with something nice once its finished. I am enjoying alot more mainline flights out of ATL than before which makes me happy. 2x daily SFO flights coming back later this spring is good news as well.
the mainlines to EWR make me happy as well. glad to finally say goodbye to the E45's on that route, it was a brutal flight. in retrospect i'm not sure why i didn't just fly DL, but i digress. a nice UC would be a welcome addition there, and judging by the latest new openings i would actually say i'm comfortable expecting something decent.

the last few years i thought i'd never say that about something UA related.

then again up until about 10 years ago i never thought i'd get excited by the addition of mainline flights from newark to atlanta either. guess life changes people.
Old May 7, 2015, 10:25 pm

Do we have a date for the new club opening yet? Every time I'm in ATL I look around for where it might be, but can't quite figure it out. I also don't hear construction going on, but that doesn't mean it isn't.

As a side note, the new gate areas in T look really nice, but the lack of any windows at the southern end of the UA block is slightly depressing.
Old May 8, 2015, 7:24 am

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by skibum3d
Do we have a date for the new club opening yet? Every time I'm in ATL I look around for where it might be, but can't quite figure it out. I also don't hear construction going on, but that doesn't mean it isn't.

As a side note, the new gate areas in T look really nice, but the lack of any windows at the southern end of the UA block is slightly depressing.
Or a sufficient amount of seating for those 3 gates.
Old May 8, 2015, 8:49 pm

Programs: UA 1k; 1MM, HH Diamond; Hertz PC, Costco member
Originally Posted by skibum3d
I did the same last week and couldn't see any place logically (doesn't mean it's not there). I asked a gate agent and she state she "hoped" it would be opening in the fall - that didn't sound encouraging.

I really appreciate the new mainline from DEN-ATL which always seems full. Not sure how we aren't supporting more ML to ATL which would support the new club.
Old May 21, 2015, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Sure am glad

That I'm AAble to use this nice T-gate lounge as we speak
Old May 21, 2015, 5:18 pm

Nice check in woman told me they had an issue with getting permits for the mew UA club because of an emergency exit, given UC will be on the second floor, this has now been resolved and the club should open sometime this fall apparently.
I am not holding my breath as it was already supposed to be opened few months ago...
Old May 21, 2015, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Nice check in woman told me they had an issue with getting permits for the mew UA club because of an emergency exit, given UC will be on the second floor, this has now been resolved and the club should open sometime this fall apparently.
I am not holding my breath as it was already supposed to be opened few months ago...
Delta probably owns the alarm for the emergency exit.
Old May 21, 2015, 7:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K /2mm / Marriott Lifetime Titanium , Hilton Diamond
I was told the same thing this morning.

But credit where credit is due...EWR-ATL is 8 mainline flights daily, SFO is all mainline and IAH is EMB175s. That's real progress from the nadir last fall.

Now if they can do something with that utterly obnoxious gate agent with the short man complex, we'll be in business.
Old May 25, 2015, 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by cmculp
I was told the same thing this morning.

But credit where credit is due...EWR-ATL is 8 mainline flights daily, SFO is all mainline and IAH is EMB175s. That's real progress from the nadir last fall.

Now if they can do something with that utterly obnoxious gate agent with the short man complex, we'll be in business.
I think I know who you are talking about.

Overall I am really happy with UA moving to T. No need to get on the train, and very close to security.

As for UA moving to mainline... CO used to run mainline all the time before merger, then after merger they switched to RJ hell. So what they are doing, is really just going back to how it used to be. One can celebrate it, or in my case, just think its the way it should be. There are still holes in schedules EWR-ATL (this past sunday only had two departures and weekends are mainly RJ's still bad frequency) and ATl-LAX would be nice for connections to Australia.

Also, the SFO flights seem to be filling up quite alot, the recent ones have been full. Maybe 3x or 4x daily would be in the cards? Coming back from ICN last night I had to do SFO-DEN-ATL (last leg on a a horrible CRJ700 becuase of the lack of frequency from SFO.
Old May 26, 2015, 9:01 am

Programs: UA 1K since 1998 & 3 Million Miler & ex-GS; DL Diamond 2015-2022; BAEC Silver; Bonvoy LT Titanium
Yesterday I had a layover at ATL. (Yes, I was flying DL yesterday ). My DL flight landed at the T gates, so I went over to see how UA was doing. I approached 2 different UA agents and inquired about the new UC. Both agents said they had no idea of where the UC club would be. One agent said the opening date would be the end of 2015, and that the UC would definitely be in the T gate area as UA "ain't moving anywhere again".
Old May 27, 2015, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by tealeaf99
Yesterday I had a layover at ATL. (Yes, I was flying DL yesterday ). My DL flight landed at the T gates, so I went over to see how UA was doing. I approached 2 different UA agents and inquired about the new UC. Both agents said they had no idea of where the UC club would be. One agent said the opening date would be the end of 2015, and that the UC would definitely be in the T gate area as UA "ain't moving anywhere again".
The last I heard about location, was a second floor UC. If they will do that, and have a nice view of the airport, it would be very nice. Maybe with an outdoor seating? Ok, thats too much to ask for...

I doubt however, that they will move into AA's club location. So a second floor UC seems possible, and a really nice idea I think. I hope they follow through.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.