Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Club in ATL - Closed 31 Jan 2015 - Reopening delayed to 13 Nov 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Club in ATL - Closed 31 Jan 2015 - Reopening delayed to 13 Nov 2015

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2015, 2:52 pm

Programs: 6 year GS, now 2MM Jeff-ugee, *wood LTPlt, SkyPeso PLT
Originally Posted by olouie
Meanwhile Delta is building a club at SFO.
Just another reason that more of my $$ is going to Delta.
from the outside - you can see from the new Term 1 to Term 2 connector (gotta check out the new Yoga Room ) - it appears quite large, and will be two levels.

The new connector also allows access to the restaurants in Term 2, which are far nicer than those in the DL area of Term 1.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 3:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CAL PHL FLYER
I think they are going to put the new UA Club in Terminal T..All of the UA gates are relocating to T if i remember correctly..
ATL staff claims a United Club re-opening in T was only speculation. Pretty sure they would have been told something before the packets went out. Hope I'm wrong, obviously.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 3:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); DL Plat
Originally Posted by olouie
Not surprised. Another change you will like my a$$
and Smisek's a$$ too!!!! Last laugh is on us!
Old Jan 16, 2015, 3:51 pm

Retreat!

"Run away, run away! If you run away you live to run away another day, Hey!"
Old Jan 16, 2015, 7:48 pm

Flyer Friendly!
Old Jan 16, 2015, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by Baze
I am definitely no wizard with words so I guess I am not being clear. Not saying don't complain. But make you complaints/suggestions/whatever to the people who might be able to fix it. No one on FT can fix anything so it is just pointless venting. If the person I respond to had said, UA Clubs are such a joke and I only use them for blah, blah, blah and I have sent the following complaint to UA about it. Then I would agree with what they are doing, but they made no mention of actually communicating with the people who can do anything about it if enough complaints have been received.
Since the merger, the airline has demonstrated a lack of concern for consumer feedback. So really all that one can do is try to hit them in the pocketbook by not renewing club memberships and/or only using them when one's travel allows.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 8:54 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus 1K, AA Executive Plat, Marriott Ambassador Elite
was here today during a layover on a connecting DL flight. Did not see anything posted about ATL no longer having a UA Club.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 9:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I flew IAH-ATL return on UA a couple years ago at Christmas because I had an ecert to burn. Unless it's a fire sale on seats, never again... even Spirit flies that route for literally a fraction of the cost of a seat on an UAX RJ.

I'm going to ATL in June for a wedding and will probably wind up flying WN on points unless a really good revenue fare pops up.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 10:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CALMSP
was here today during a layover on a connecting DL flight. Did not see anything posted about ATL no longer having a UA Club.
It's a 6 foot sign on your left as you enter.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 10:55 pm

Programs: UA 1k; 1MM, HH Diamond; Hertz PC, Costco member
I'm was there every month last year. The club is always crowded (partially because it is small) and the people have always been warm.

Since I normally fly DEN - ATL - DEN in RJs, their friendly faces were always a positive force.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 10:08 am

I noticed the sign while I was walking back from the bathroom. It is tucked in the corner, so it is hard to notice when you first walk in.
I suppose they are sick of all of the people that come into the club that are flying Delta instead of United, the customers that are leaving United and finishing their club memberships while flying on Delta because they are fed up with UA.
This was my first visit, and I was fairly impressed with the staff, why United would sacrifice such an asset is beyond me.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 2:29 pm
Suspended

Current United Club in ATL to Close on 31 January 2015

I can imagine Jeff getting a good laugh out of this at our expense.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 3:24 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold
Was there on the 16th. Was pretty full inside. Terrible that it's closing....I've used it a few times (and only once when taking DL).
Old Jan 23, 2015, 3:02 pm
Original Poster

United has no plans to re-open a Club in ATL.

Staff says they began re-modeling on T Concourse and gave it up.

Club closes 01/31.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 4:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K /2mm / Marriott Lifetime Titanium , Hilton Diamond
I pushed the ATL UC staff on this today too - they understand that they are closing permanently.

Memo to United - you have made it pretty hard to get to ATL on UA already: infrequent RJ service. Throw us a bone here or the direct, less expensive mainline DL product is simply going to be unbeatable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.