Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Club in ATL - Closed 31 Jan 2015 - Reopening delayed to 13 Nov 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Club in ATL - Closed 31 Jan 2015 - Reopening delayed to 13 Nov 2015

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2015, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Originally Posted by olouie
Meanwhile Delta is building a club at SFO.
Just another reason that more of my $$ is going to Delta.
Iirc, Northwest had 2 Sfo clubs in addition to DL's 1. And Delta's is outside of security. Kinda makes sense that DL is rebuilding theirs.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 9:06 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Meanwhile Delta is building a club at SFO.
Just another reason that more of my $$ is going to Delta.
And they have one in EWR too
Old Jan 16, 2015, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by zrs70
Iirc, Northwest had 2 Sfo clubs in addition to DL's 1. And Delta's is outside of security. Kinda makes sense that DL is rebuilding theirs.
Agreed. The UC clubs at SFO are a joke. The international one is so terrible that I just stop in for a quick drink and then get a bite to eat at the sushi or mexican places instead of staying there. And now that AMEX has the centurion lounge I will never visit the domestic UC unless I have to for some reason.

Its a shame that UC doesn't invest for the long term. Giving up ATL right when Delta is attacking the UA hubs is going to hit them bad in the long term. With the deals right now and UA's maintenance problems/delays its almost better to fly Delta SFO-SEA-HKG instead of UA.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 10:45 am

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Billiken
Wasn't it supposed to re-open in another location???
Vaguely remember something like that.

Agree - UA biz model is "don't compete, surrender"
Yes, see below. No timeline, though, so probably a decent assumption that they've closed the old club for renovations.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...rovements.html

Originally Posted by trk1
Atl gets some love starting in November:

Atl to Ewr: no more 50 seaters 6 mainline and one E-170

Atl to Iah only one 50 seater and 6 70+ regionals daily

Atl to Den now all E 170's

new terminal T renovated with new United club (on roof) and no use of the
D terminal coming in December.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 1:00 pm

Programs: United 1K,Marriott Platinum Premier,IHC Platinum Ambassador,Hilton Gold
I think they are going to put the new UA Club in Terminal T..All of the UA gates are relocating to T if i remember correctly..
Old Jan 16, 2015, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Agreed. The UC clubs at SFO are a joke. The international one is so terrible that I just stop in for a quick drink and then get a bite to eat at the sushi or mexican places instead of staying there. And now that AMEX has the centurion lounge I will never visit the domestic UC unless I have to for some reason.

Its a shame that UC doesn't invest for the long term. Giving up ATL right when Delta is attacking the UA hubs is going to hit them bad in the long term. With the deals right now and UA's maintenance problems/delays its almost better to fly Delta SFO-SEA-HKG instead of UA.
If they are such a joke to you why do you go at all? UA only tracks entries, not exits, so they see you entry and it makes the club look busier so they see no reason to do anything to attract people to it. If you really don't like it don't go and that would be one less entry in the statistics. As long as people keep using them they don't see much reason to change them.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 2:05 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Baze
If they are such a joke to you why do you go at all? UA only tracks entries, not exits, so they see you entry and it makes the club look busier so they see no reason to do anything to attract people to it. If you really don't like it don't go and that would be one less entry in the statistics. As long as people keep using them they don't see much reason to change them.
I don't think making himself into a one man martyr and refusing to get a drunk, use the bathroom/wifi/agents/whatever is going to make any difference.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CMK10
I don't think making himself into a one man martyr and refusing to get a drunk, use the bathroom/wifi/agents/whatever is going to make any difference.
I don't either but if everybody that said the UC's are a joke and not worth going to stopped going, that would probably be a dent. Yet they still keep going so UA doesn't notice.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Or lack of use will encourage them to close them.

UA will use the statistics for whatever agenda they choose.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 2:13 pm

Yeah. I am sure that if everyone stopped using them UA would make them better More likely the clubs would disappear entirely, which would make Jeff and crew very happy. Another cost they can cut. Busy club doesn't mean a good club. By your rationale I should not be taking the E+ seats, eating any food or getting drinks on flights either since by not using them United will improve them.

I go because they are included in my benefits. I get a free drink and sometimes use the agents / bathrooms. But compared to other options they continue to be a joke. If you like them more power to you and more power to why UA will not improve them.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by channa
Or lack of use will encourage them to close them.

UA will use the statistics for whatever agenda they choose.
Yeah. I am sure that if everyone stopped using them UA would make them better More likely the clubs would disappear entirely, which would make Jeff and crew very happy. Another cost they can cut. Busy club doesn't mean a good club. By your rationale I should not be taking the E+ seats, eating any food or getting drinks on flights either since by not using them United will improve them.

I go because they are included in my benefits. I get a free drink and sometimes use the agents / bathrooms. But compared to other options they continue to be a joke. If you like them more power to you and more power to why UA will not improve them.
And you all are pretty much making my point. UA has no incentive to make them better, People who complain about them keep going. And yes, if they all stopped going the clubs would probably close. Double edged sword if I ever saw one. Darned if you go, darned if you don't. UA doesn't care.

As far as for me? Yes, I wish they had better food options, updated more comfortable furniture, etc. Could care less about the free vs pay booze. I use them for the more comfortable place to sit down, grab a free snack and water and if IRROPS happen, the agents. I also use the internet there. So they do work for me for what I want from them. And I surely wouldn't complain if they did some improvements. My only real complaint is they tend to get crowded, but in my experience when they are crowded, the terminal is even worse, so even in those situations it is better than trying to find an uncomfortable seat at the gate. And I hate paying the way over inflated prices at the restaurants in the terminals. Even if it is my companies money paying for it I do try to be fiscally responsible with the companies money. I don't eat meals in airport terminals.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Shame about the ATL club, I've been there a few times and the staff was always great (and fun to interact with.)

Sometimes I think that UA needs to look at the customer experience not just the checkbook.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 2:46 pm

And you all are pretty much making my point. UA has no incentive to make them better, People who complain about them keep going. And yes, if they all stopped going the clubs would probably close. Double edged sword if I ever saw one. Darned if you go, darned if you don't. UA doesn't care.

As far as for me? Yes, I wish they had better food options, updated more comfortable furniture, etc. Could care less about the free vs pay booze. I use them for the more comfortable place to sit down, grab a free snack and water and if IRROPS happen, the agents. I also use the internet there. So they do work for me for what I want from them. And I surely wouldn't complain if they did some improvements. My only real complaint is they tend to get crowded, but in my experience when they are crowded, the terminal is even worse, so even in those situations it is better than trying to find an uncomfortable seat at the gate. And I hate paying the way over inflated prices at the restaurants in the terminals. Even if it is my companies money paying for it I do try to be fiscally responsible with the companies money. I don't eat meals in airport terminals.
Your ultimate point seems to be that we should not complain and just not go anymore. But ....you admit that UA doesn't care AND that enough people not going would likely mean that UA would close the lounge.

If you are dissatisfied with the club I don't think that is best way to change things. Its only if enough people actually complain about it and bring their business elsewhere that UA will improve - not the club business, but your flying business. An individual going or not going to the club makes no difference to UA's bottom line and that is the only thing they care about.

And I don't find SFO's prices that inflated. Sure its more than you can get outside but for an airport the food and drink qualify is pretty decent at a reasonable price.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 2:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Delta Plat, AA Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Courtesy Card
Perfect, right when I have to be in Atlanta every 4 weeks for work.

The staff in ATL always treated me very well. Nice group.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Your ultimate point seems to be that we should not complain and just not go anymore. But ....you admit that UA doesn't care AND that enough people not going would likely mean that UA would close the lounge.

If you are dissatisfied with the club I don't think that is best way to change things. Its only if enough people actually complain about it and bring their business elsewhere that UA will improve - not the club business, but your flying business. An individual going or not going to the club makes no difference to UA's bottom line and that is the only thing they care about.

And I don't find SFO's prices that inflated. Sure its more than you can get outside but for an airport the food and drink qualify is pretty decent at a reasonable price.
I am definitely no wizard with words so I guess I am not being clear. Not saying don't complain. But make you complaints/suggestions/whatever to the people who might be able to fix it. No one on FT can fix anything so it is just pointless venting. If the person I respond to had said, UA Clubs are such a joke and I only use them for blah, blah, blah and I have sent the following complaint to UA about it. Then I would agree with what they are doing, but they made no mention of actually communicating with the people who can do anything about it if enough complaints have been received.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.