Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA 2015 New Year Bonus {RDM} Miles Promotion for Premium Cabin Travel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 9, 2015, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Start 2015 with a premium travel bonus from United {New Years Bonus Miles Promotion}{promoCode=A14591}
Valid Fri., Jan. 9, 2015 - Sat., Feb. 28, 2015

We are pleased to offer a special way to increase your mileage balance and earn award travel in 2015. From January 9 through February 28 you can earn bonus award miles when you complete qualifying flight segments booked in premium cabin fares (fare classes F, A, J, C, D, Z or P) with United, United Express® and select airline partners.
Code:
2015 New Year Bonus Miles Promotion Chart MileagePlus 
status level         Long-haul and p.s.® flights               Short-haul flights
               F/A/J/C/D fareclass   Z/P fareclass   F/A/J/C/D fareclass    Z/P fareclass
1K® 	         12,000 miles         3,500 miles       1,000 miles         500 miles
Plat/Gold/Silver  6,000 miles         1,000 miles         500 miles         250 miles
Member            3,000 miles              -              250 miles          -
We will automatically add the bonus miles to your MileagePlus account two to four weeks after the qualifying flight is completed.

Thank you for choosing MileagePlus. We look forward to welcoming you on board for another year of rewarding travel experiences.

2015 New Year Bonus Miles Promotion Terms & Conditions:
  • No registration is required.
  • Travel must begin on or after January 9, 2015, and be completed on or before February 28, 2015, to qualify for this offer.
  • The number of bonus miles earned for each qualifying flight segment will be based on the member's MileagePlus status on the date of travel.
  • For this offer, "Long-Haul" flight segments are defined as those with a scheduled distance of at least 3,000 miles or the p.s.® routes between New York JFK and Los Angeles or San Francisco. "Short-Haul" flight segments are non-p.s. routes and those with a scheduled distance of less than 3,000 miles. Distance determinations will be made by United Airlines in its discretion.
  • MileagePlus Premier® 1K® members are eligible to earn 12,000 bonus award miles for qualifying Long-Haul flight segments booked in fare classes F, A, J, C or D, 3,500 award miles for qualifying Long-Haul flight segments booked in fare classes Z or P, 1,000 award miles for qualifying Short-Haul flight segments booked in fare classes F, A, J, C or D, or 500 award miles for qualifying Short-Haul flight segments booked in fare classes Z or P.
  • Premier Platinum, Premier Gold and Premier Silver members are eligible to earn 6,000 bonus award miles for qualifying Long-Haul flight segments booked in fare classes F, A, J, C or D, 1,000 award miles for qualifying Long-Haul flight segments booked in fare classes Z or P, 500 award miles for qualifying Short-Haul flight segments booked in fare classes F, A, J, C or D, or 250 award miles for qualifying Short-Haul flight segments booked in fare classes Z or P.
  • Members without Premier status are eligible to earn 3,000 bonus award miles for qualifying Long-Haul flight segments booked in fare classes F, A, J, C or D, or 250 award miles for qualifying Short-Haul flight segments booked in fare classes F, A, J, C or D.
  • Qualifying flight segments included in this promotion are flights operated by United or United Express®, or flights marketed by United and operated by Air Canada (AC), All Nippon Airways (NH), Austrian Airlines (OS), Brussels Airlines (SN), Copa Airlines (CM), Lufthansa (LH) or Swiss International Airlines (LX).
  • Eligible flight segments operated by these select airline partners must have an associated UA flight number to be eligible for this promotion.
  • Flight segments marketed by United and operated by Copa Airlines are only eligible for the associated bonuses in fare classes Z and P. Members without Premier status will not earn a bonus through this promotion on flight segments operated by Copa Airlines.
  • The number of bonus miles earned from MileagePlus partners on qualifying flight segments is based on the operating carrier's equivalent fare class, which could result in differences between the booking class purchased and the booking class flown.
  • Traveler must be a member of United's MileagePlus program and qualifying flight segments must be credited to the member's MileagePlus account by March 31, 2015, in order for the member to receive this offer.
  • Bonus award miles do not count toward Premier status qualification or Million Miler status.
  • Offer is only valid for flight segments originally booked in fare classes F, A, J, C, D, Z or P.
  • Award tickets and tickets that are not eligible to earn award miles do not qualify for this offer.
  • This offer is not combinable with other non-combinable offers.
  • Bonus award miles will post to the member's MileagePlus account two to four weeks after the qualifying flight segment.
  • Service charges apply when ticketing with a United representative by phone ($25), at a City Ticket Office ($30) and in person at the airport ($35) in the United States, District of Columbia and Canada. Ticketing charges may vary outside of these areas and based on MileagePlus status level. The ticketing service charge does not apply for tickets purchased on united.com. Service charges are subject to change without notice.
  • Offer is subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.
  • Miles accrued, awards, and benefits issued are subject to change and are subject to the rules of the United MileagePlus program, including without limitation the Premier program (the "MileagePlus Program"), which are expressly incorporated herein. United may change the MileagePlus Program including, but not limited to, rules, regulations, travel awards and special offers or terminate the MileagePlus Program at any time and without notice. United and its subsidiaries, affiliates and agents are not responsible for any products or services of other participating companies and partners. Taxes and fees related to award travel are the responsibility of the member. Bonus award miles, award miles and any other miles earned through non-flight activity do not count toward qualification for Premier status unless expressly stated otherwise. The accumulation of mileage or Premier status or any other status does not entitle members to any vested rights with respect to the MileagePlus Program. All calculations made in connection with the United MileagePlus Program and/or the Premier Program, including without limitation the accumulation of mileage and the satisfaction of the qualification requirements of the Premier Program, and/or the revisions of calculations (including any estimates), will be made by United Airlines and MileagePlus in their discretion and such calculations will be considered final. Information in this communication that relates to the MileagePlus Program does not purport to be complete or comprehensive and may not include all of the information that a member may believe is important, and is qualified in its entirety by reference to all of the information on the united.com website and the MileagePlus Program rules. United and MileagePlus are registered service marks. For complete details about the MileagePlus Program, go to united.com/mileageplus.
Print Wikipost

UA 2015 New Year Bonus {RDM} Miles Promotion for Premium Cabin Travel

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2015, 2:06 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold
The bonus miles for my February 6 and February 7 flights posted overnight.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 2:35 am

Programs: BA EC gold UA gold—MM Hilton Diamond Hertz Presidents Circle
New year bonus

Success at last------ bonus for flights on 4 feb finally posted without the need to call
Old Mar 31, 2015, 5:58 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold
Mine finally posted as well. Though they are missing 700RDMs, I am not complaining .
Old Mar 31, 2015, 6:01 am
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by RobOnLI
My bonus miles just posted today (3/30 US date) automatically. I never contacted 1K support about them.

These are for flights I took on Feb 26.

-RM
Originally Posted by mdobbins
The bonus miles for my February 6 and February 7 flights posted overnight.
Originally Posted by cheltenhamflyer
Success at last------ bonus for flights on 4 feb finally posted without the need to call
Mine posted yesterday too, but I had called last week to ask about them.

I actually think you have me to thank for this.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 6:15 am

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
Posted last night--that was pretty sweet! Forced an international A fare trip for March into February. Even got credit for a few short-haul USA/Canada trips in the front cabin. I like this promo!
Old Mar 31, 2015, 6:38 am

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
I'm all caught up too.

That comment upthread about GSs not be eligible was an agent making something up.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 7:00 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Hooray, all mine posted except one for 500 miles. All the biggies posted finally, so I'm not gonna bother with the one little straggler...
Old Mar 31, 2015, 8:51 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
All of mine just posted, apparently correctly, too. I'm frankly surprised that a date given out by a CSR (here, 3/31) ended up being true and not just something she pulled out of the air to get customers off the phone!
Old Mar 31, 2015, 9:31 am

Programs: UA Global Services and 3MM, Lifetime Hilton Diamond/Marriott Titanium Ambassador, Hertz PC
Mine are starting to trickle in. Flew in A/P/Z every segment since 1/9/15. Looks to be about 4 week lag in posting.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 9:56 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Only half of my bonus miles posted last night, I think.

The bonuses for flying on UA metal came through, but not those for code share flights (UA flight # and 016 stock) operated by LH.

If I read the T & C's right (term #8) those flights were also eligible for the bonue, if booked in Z. Is this correct?

Did United screw me again?
Old Mar 31, 2015, 10:40 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Posted for all but one missing February flight.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 11:41 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by transportprof
Only half of my bonus miles posted last night, I think.

The bonuses for flying on UA metal came through, but not those for code share flights (UA flight # and 016 stock) operated by LH.

If I read the T & C's right (term #8) those flights were also eligible for the bonue, if booked in Z. Is this correct?

Did United screw me again?
Yes they are and yes they did (but not giving up hope for a few more days). I had a ton of codeshare flights on 016 stock and none credited...
Old Apr 1, 2015, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I received all my missing bonus points including the AC code shares (016 ticket stock).
Old Apr 1, 2015, 7:30 am

interesting
Old Apr 1, 2015, 8:14 am

Programs: UA Global Services and 3MM, Lifetime Hilton Diamond/Marriott Titanium Ambassador, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by wxguy
I'm all caught up too.

That comment upthread about GSs not be eligible was an agent making something up.
I am GS and I am slowly getting my bonus points... Seems to be 4 weeks from posting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.