Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New round of city-specific amenity tins (inc PGA kits)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New round of city-specific amenity tins (inc PGA kits)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2015, 12:05 pm

Location: What I write is my opinion alone..don't read into it anything not written.
Just the 8 we've listed. http://finance.yahoo.com/news/limite...?.tsrc=applewf
Old Jan 15, 2015, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by fastair
Seth a posted one that is MEL, and someone mentioned there is PVG, these two are not on the list.

What's more interesting is the second half of the link you posted, the F kit shoe bag looks more like a lunch bag to me instead, the C kit shoe bag looks like the AA grey shoe bag pass out a few years ago (the one that is Spa inflight with Temple Spa products)

PGA TOUR Amenity Kits

Beginning in April, on international flights departing and arriving in the United States, United will offer amenity kits with a PGA TOUR theme. United is the official airline of the PGA TOUR.

The kits, which come in the form of shoe bags, will include traditional amenity kit items plus tees, United-branded Bridgestone Golf balls and a promotional offer for a future Bridgestone Golf purchase.

The United-PGA TOUR amenity kits will be available through the end of June or while supplies last.

Additionally, United and the PGA TOUR offer MileagePlus members discounts on starting times and golf club rentals at properties within the PGA TOUR's TPC Network – a collection of more than 30 world-class golf destinations primarily throughout North America – and discounts on the TOURAcademy.

For photos of the special-edition amenity tins and the PGA TOUR-themed amenity kits, visit http://newsroom.unitedcontinentalhol...y&mode=gallery.

Last edited by ORDnHKG; Jan 15, 2015 at 1:16 pm
Old Jan 15, 2015, 1:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
I was too late last year, but on a EWR-HNL trip that got delayed 6hrs and a plane change to a plane coming from MUC, they handed out the tins so that was nice.

I've got a trip to DXB at the beginning of Feb, I'll have to see if I get one. I'm heading to HNL again in March, I wonder if I'll get one. They listed HNL, but said intl only.

Its interesting the PGA ones say departing and arriving.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://newsroom.unitedcontinentalhol...y&mode=gallery

2015 tins (January-March)

PGA F kit (April-June)

PGA C kit (April June)
Old Jan 15, 2015, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
Originally Posted by Kacee
I have a whole stack of these things from last year. I view them as worthless marketing tokens.
And they may be worthless to you and to me.

However, I give all of mine to a local women's safe house ... and the residents (women and kids) love them.

I also have given to homeless shelters.

No longer worthless! ^ :-: :-: :-:
Old Jan 15, 2015, 2:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by kevinsac

However, I give all of mine to a local women's safe house ... and the residents (women and kids) love them.

No longer worthless! ^ :-: :-: :-:
But wouldn't the standard amenity kits have the same value for those purposes?
Old Jan 15, 2015, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kacee
I have a whole stack of these things from last year.

I view them as worthless marketing tokens. Would rather see UA upgrade the food.
Originally Posted by kevinsac

I can take or even buy some from you, especially if you have the ORD ones. The ORD ones are a good souvenir for my overseas relatives, as it represents where I live.

I would want the 2015 tins as well, and the PGA kits looks very interesting, don't give them away, I would want to take or buy it all if you have spares.

Last edited by ORDnHKG; Jan 15, 2015 at 2:31 pm
Old Jan 15, 2015, 3:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Flying IAH-AMS right now. No tins, but IAH-MUC got them. The FA believed that they are just old ones from last year which is clearly not the case but either way I didn't get one today.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 9:02 am

Location: What I write is my opinion alone..don't read into it anything not written.
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
Seth a posted one that is MEL, and someone mentioned there is PVG, these two are not on the list.
[/url].
You are right. I've seen them all except for MEL and PVG, and have seen the PEK. I've seen the 8 that ORDnHKG has posted and no others other than in the picture linked earlier. Good catch. Still no picture of a PVG though.

Last edited by fastair; Jan 16, 2015 at 9:14 am
Old Jan 16, 2015, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Is there one for Port of Spain, yet?
Old Jan 16, 2015, 1:23 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
I recall seeing that they were gonna have a GIG one specifically? Any idea if they'd give that one on GRU, I've got ORD-GRU-IAH coming up in March.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by drvannostren
I recall seeing that they were gonna have a GIG one specifically? Any idea if they'd give that one on GRU, I've got ORD-GRU-IAH coming up in March.
Every flight I've seen them on, it was a variety, not route specific.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 1:37 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Platinum, Marriott Titanium
Last year ORD-FRA I got CLE friendly and IAH-LHR I got LAX friendly.
Last week ORD-PEK they were giving one on top of the grey bag and I got NRT friendly and the guy next to me didn't want his so he gave his LHR friendly to me. 😀

I am on GF in a couple of days PEK-SFO (so far I am the only one ) so you guys are saying they don't give them towards the U.S.?
Old Jan 17, 2015, 2:10 am

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP
Originally Posted by Bruin1K
Last year ORD-FRA I got CLE friendly and IAH-LHR I got LAX friendly.
Last week ORD-PEK they were giving one on top of the grey bag and I got NRT friendly and the guy next to me didn't want his so he gave his LHR friendly to me. 😀

I am on GF in a couple of days PEK-SFO (so far I am the only one ) so you guys are saying they don't give them towards the U.S.?
Per the press releases they are only suppose to have the city tin amenity kits on international routes from the US gateways.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 2:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1k, Marriott Lifetime PE, Former DL Gold, Former SQ Solitaire, HH Gold
I just did SFO/NRT. Got Rio and Dubai. But they also gave us the conventional pouch amenity kits. So everyone in F got 2 kits.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.