Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New round of city-specific amenity tins (inc PGA kits)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New round of city-specific amenity tins (inc PGA kits)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2015, 6:15 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
I find them very nice!
Old Jul 1, 2015, 12:21 am

Programs: UA-GS, Hyatt-Defiantly Diamond, Marriott-Platinum, SPG-Platinum
Originally Posted by lhrsfo
It's been around for a while in J as well as F. The first time I was on it, the kit contained golf balls as well. The FAs were getting quite annoyed as everyone was handing the golf balls to them for disposal - clearly no one on my flight was a golfer.

I only hope that this is being sponsored by someone as otherwise it's a colossal waste of money, and completely irrelevant handing out golf balls and hideous socks. Now, if they wanted to do tennis balls, that would be altogether better.....
I've got a few from both J and F. The kits are not the same. Same socks and same other toiletries, but the J is a drawstring sack; the F looks the spape of a duffel bag, but with no straps or other attach points, I have no idea what it is.

Both are in partnership with the PGA.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 4:49 am

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott L-T Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by USHPNWDLUA
I've got a few from both J and F. The kits are not the same. Same socks and same other toiletries, but the J is a drawstring sack; the F looks the spape of a duffel bag, but with no straps or other attach points, I have no idea what it is.

Both are in partnership with the PGA.

It is a bag for shoes.
(Or the ideal carry-on size bag UA wishes it could impose.)
Old Jul 1, 2015, 8:12 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by Billiken
Ding! Ding! Ding!
Old Jul 1, 2015, 10:51 pm

Programs: UA-GS, Hyatt-Defiantly Diamond, Marriott-Platinum, SPG-Platinum
It is a bag for shoes.
Both J and F? I figured the J was a shoe bag, but the F looks like a kid's backpack.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 3:58 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Still giving these out but this time instead of golf balls mine had a little ball marker and divet pick thing.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 4:41 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
Still giving these out but this time instead of golf balls mine had a little ball marker and divet pick thing.
Marker and ground repair tool, hmmm, haven't seen those in any of mine. GF or BF?
Old Jul 2, 2015, 8:01 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
BF sCO 777 EWR-LHR
Old Jul 2, 2015, 8:41 am

I've got TATL BF in a few days, will see what we get. Would sure like some more balls. GOLF BALLS.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 6:18 pm

Programs: Delta GM, *G, BA Blue, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver, LHW
Super cheesy. Have gotten 4 of these over the past month, and have left them all in my chair.

Marker & ball repair kit earlier this week on ORD-LHR.

Thanks for the $25 off a $100 purchase coupon, UA -- super impactful in an int'l J cabin.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by 318i
Super cheesy. Have gotten 4 of these over the past month, and have left them all in my chair. Thanks for the $25 off a $100 purchase coupon, UA -- super impactful in an int'l J cabin.
Yeah, ignoring the coupon. Do you recall if you got balls in the earlier ones THIS month?
Old Jul 3, 2015, 6:28 pm

Programs: Delta GM, *G, BA Blue, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver, LHW
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Yeah, ignoring the coupon. Do you recall if you got balls in the earlier ones THIS month?
Yep. EWR-LHR and LHR-ORD both.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 6:29 pm

Programs: DYKWIA, But I'm a "Diamond Guest" UA 1K/2MM
It is a bag for shoes.
I thought it was a bag for shoes at first. But it will only work for size 7 or smaller. But then try on those socks-- if you can bear the contumely. I have fairly small feet and I couldn't even get the socks past my toes.

So United has created an amenity kit tailored to that key demographic of Korean women pro-golfers (Inbee Park, etc.) -- maybe 10 or 20 people. How idiotic.

I don't even like golf and I don't know anyone who does.

EDIT: ha, ha! I just went back and saw the photo on the previous page. I honestly didn't see this before I posted.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 7:41 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by LASUA1K
I find them very nice!
Got the kit today on way back from MUC - no balls....
Old Jul 3, 2015, 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
Got the kit today on way back from MUC - no balls....
in the kit

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.